DLH (Dalhoff Larsen & Horneman)
Member of UN Global Compact
DLH website: www.dlh-group.com
Author: News (Liberia)
"Liberia: Wartime Timber Company Penalized", 16 Feb 2015...
- Related stories: Timber firm DLH stripped of sustainability certification over illegally harvested logs from Liberia
- Related companies: DLH (Dalhoff Larsen & Horneman) Oriental Timber
[PDF] The Third Pillar: Access to Judicial Remedies for Human Rights Violations by Transnational Business
Author: Gwynne Skinner, Robert McCorquodale, Olivier De Schutter & Andie Lambe
The Access to Judicial Remedy (A2JR) Project set out to identify and analyze the barriers in the United States, Canada, and Europe…The detailed mapping exercise undertaken in the development of this Report shows that States are generally not fulfilling...
- Related stories: Abu Ghraib lawsuits against CACI, Titan (now L-3) Amesys lawsuit (re Libya) Anvil Mining lawsuit (re Dem. Rep. of Congo) Cambior lawsuit (re Guyana) Cape/Gencor lawsuits (re So. Africa) Chiquita lawsuits (re Colombia) Daimler lawsuit (re Argentina) DLH lawsuit (re Liberian civil war) Drummond lawsuits (re Colombia) ExxonMobil lawsuit (re Aceh) Hudbay Minerals lawsuits (re Guatemala) Monterrico Metals lawsuit (re Peru) Report analyses barriers to access judicial remedy for victims of human rights abuses by companies & makes recommendations Shell lawsuit (re Nigeria - Kiobel & Wiwa) Talisman lawsuit (re Sudan) Texaco/Chevron lawsuits (re Ecuador) The Third Pillar: Access to Judicial Remedies for Human Rights Violations by Transnational Business Unocal lawsuit (re Myanmar) Veolia & Alstom lawsuit (re Jerusalem rail project) Walmart lawsuit (re gender discrimination in USA) Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Judicial remedies Latest Legal News Latest News on Pacific Business & Human Rights Latest news on UNGPs Reports & materials launched Speeches & presentations
- Related companies: Alstom AMESys (Advanced Middle East Systems, formerly Amesys (part of Bull)) Anvil Mining (part of China Minmetals) Barrick Gold Bull (part of Atos) Cambior Cape PLC Chevron Chiquita Daimler DLH (Dalhoff Larsen & Horneman) Drummond ExxonMobil Hudbay Minerals Monterrico Metals (part of Zijin) Shell Talisman (part of Repsol) Texaco (part of Chevron) Thor Chemicals Unocal (part of Chevron) Veolia (formerly Vivendi Environnement) Veolia Transport (now Transdev) Walmart Zijin
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource CentreCase profile: DLH lawsuit (re Liberian civil war)
[Business & Human Rights Resource Centre case profile for legal complaint filed in France against DLH (Dalhoff, Larsen and Horneman). The complaint alleges that DLH fueled the Liberian civil war by buying timber from Liberian companies that...
- Related companies: DLH (Dalhoff Larsen & Horneman)
In November 2009, NGOs filed a criminal complaint in France against DLH for allegedly buying timber from Liberian companies whose revenues were used to fund illegal arms and ammunition procurement during the Liberian civil war. In February 2013,...
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
This briefing highlights reports from a range of sources about how businesses have impacted human rights, positively and negatively, in Anglophone Africa over the past year... [Headings:] Examples of the “resource curse” ...HIV/AIDS and TB...Dams:...
- Related stories: New briefing on business & human rights in Anglophone Africa, by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
- Related companies: Accor AGIP (part of Eni) Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Barrick Gold Best Western Bridgestone Bridgestone-Firestone (part of Bridgestone) Carlson Cartier (part of Richemont) Chevron Collum Coal Mining Daimler De Beers (part of Anglo American) DLH (Dalhoff Larsen & Horneman) Elf Aquitaine (now part of Total) Eni Ericsson ExxonMobil Firestone Natural Rubber (part of Bridgestone) Ford General Motors Hess Corporation Hilton Hyatt IBM InterContinental Hotels Lahmeyer Marathon Oil Marks & Spencer Mbada Diamonds (joint venture New Reclamation Group & Zimbabwe Mining Development Corporation) Microsoft MTN New Reclamation Newmont Goldcorp NH Hoteles Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) Rapaport Group Red Back Mining Rheinmetall Richemont SABMiller (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Salini Impregilo Shell Starwood Hotels Total Tullow Oil Vanco Energy Walmart Wilderness Safaris Zain Zimbabwe Mining Development Corporation (ZMDC)
[PDF] Assessing the contribution of the OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises to responsible business conduct
Author: Joris Oldenziel (SOMO), Joseph Wilde-Ramsing (SOMO) & Patricia Feeney (RAID)
This report assesses the contribution of the OECD Guidelines to responsible business conduct, sustainable development, and the resolution and reduction of conflicts between companies and communities regarding social issues, environmental concerns, and...
- Related stories: 10th OECD roundtable on corporate responsibility to focus on supply chains, human rights, environment & climate change (Paris, 30 Jun - 1 Jul) OECD Watch new report: "Assessing the contribution of the OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises to responsible business conduct"
- Related in-depth areas: Latest News on Pacific Business & Human Rights
- Related companies: ACC Capital Holdings Accor adidas Afrimex Airbus Aker Kvaerner Alcoa Anglo American Anvil Mining (part of China Minmetals) ANZ Bank Ascendant Copper (now Copper Mesa Mining) Atlas Copco Avient Aviation Bayer BHP (formerly BHP Billiton) BP Brylane (formerly part of Pinault Printemps-Redoute now Kering) Cabot Corporation Cermaq Chevron ConocoPhillips (Phillips Petroleum) Continental AG Daewoo Group Das Air Cargo Delta Hess K&K Ltd (joint venture Amerada Hess & Delta Oil) Delta Oil Dexia DLH (Dalhoff Larsen & Horneman) EADS (European Aeronautic Defence and Space) Eni Equinor (formerly Statoil) ExxonMobil First Quantum Minerals G-Star Raw Global Solutions Limited (GSL) (now G4S) Goldcorp (now Newmont Goldcorp) Groupe Forrest International (George Forrest) Hess Corporation Intex Resources KBC Kering (formerly PPR, Pinault-Printemps-Redoute) KfW KOGAS (Korea Gas Corporation) Marathon Oil Metsä Fibre Oy (formerly Metsä-Botnia) National Grid Nike NKG Tropical Farm Management Nutreco OM Group Oryx Natural Resources Ratiopharm (part of Teva Pharmaceutical) Rio Tinto Rolls-Royce plc Royal Dutch Shell (Shell) Sandvik Skanska Suez Total Toyota Tractebel (part of GDF Suez) Transco (part of National Grid) Tremalt Triumph International Unocal (part of Chevron) Vattenfall Vedanta Resources Volkswagen Votorantim West LB Xstrata (part of Glencore)