Member of UN Global Compact
Author: Fair Action (Sweden), Fair Finance Guide International, The Future in Our Hands (Norway)
"Shareholders of H&M fail to take responsibility for garment workers’ wages", 31 January 2019...
- Related stories: Bangladesh: Fair Action reports that Nordic banks fail to hold H&M and other brands accountable to living wage promises Bangladesh: Widespread garment worker protests over minimum wage increase; leads to mass dismissals
- Related in-depth areas: Labour rights Living wage
- Related companies: Danske Bank DnB NOR H&M Handelsbanken KappAhl KLP Forsikring Länsförsäkringar Lindex MQ Nordea Bank ODIN Fund Management (part of SpareBank1 Group) SEB Skandia SpareBank 1 Nord-Norge SpareBank 1 SMN SpareBank 1 SR-Bank SpareBank 1 Østlandet Storebrand Swedbank
Bangladesh: Fair Action reports that Nordic banks fail to hold H&M and other brands accountable to living wage promises
In February 2019, Fair Action released a report exploring, among other things, the role of Nordic banks (as shareholders) in holding H&M accountable to its promise to ensure living wages for garment workers in its supply chain by 2018, particula...
Author: Laura Natumi McTavish, Responsible Investment Analyst, DNB, Norwary
We have had extensive dialogue with Framtiden i Våre Hender to explain our position and how it would be presented in the report. Unfortunately, we believe that the report’s conclusion does not accurately reflect DNB’s position and work with H&M. ...
- Related stories: Bangladesh: Fair Action reports that Nordic banks fail to hold H&M and other brands accountable to living wage promises
- Related in-depth areas: Living wage
- This is a response from the following companies: DnB NOR H&M
Indigenous women call on European financial institutions to divest from fossil fuel projects due to threats to indigenous rights & sovereignty
Author: Kim Maida, Cultural Survival
"Divest, invest, protect: Indigenous women lead divestment campaign," February 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: USA: Human rights concerns regarding Dakota Access Pipeline
- Related companies: Credit Suisse Deutsche Bank DnB NOR
USA: DNB sells stakes in companies involved in Dakota Access Pipeline over indigenous rights concerns
Author: The Local (Sweden)
"Norway's top bank drops assets in Dakota Access Pipeline," 18 Nov 2016...
Author: Chris Atkins, Amnesty International
In this special episode of Amnesty TV, film maker Chris Atkins blows the lid on UK Banks’ investment in cluster bombs...Despite the UK being signed up to an international treaty banning cluster bombs, last year alone the Royal Bank of Scotland...
Author: Ivo Knoepfel & Gordon Hagart, onValues Ltd., report produced by IFC, Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs, UN Global Compact
[Outcomes of the Who Cares Wins Initiative 2004–2008, a joint initiative of the financial industry and the UN Global Compact, International Finance Corporation (IFC) and the Swiss Government.] This report summarises the strategic outcomes of the Who...