Short videos & news items
Related stories and components
Author: UN High Commissioner for Human Rights
Human Rights Day is marked annually on 10 December. This year the UN Human Rights Office continues with celebrations marking the Office's 20th anniversary - with 20 years :Working for your Rights as the its theme.
Author: Alan Van Zandt, Stjoechannel.com (USA)
An aging American workforce is finding itself in a squeeze. Corporations are needing to cut payroll and younger people are willing to do jobs for considerably less pay… Age discrimination charges filed with the EEOC [Equal Employment Opportunity...
- Related in-depth areas: Short videos & news items
Author: Press TV
The United Nations currently uses private security and military contractors to carry out its work across the globe...The United Nations Working Group on the Use of Mercenaries convened a meeting...to discuss the continuing use of corporations. Many of...
- Related stories: UN Working Group on mercenaries calls for more transparency on use of private security companies by UN
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on conflict & peace Short videos & news items UN Working Group on the use of mercenaries
- Related companies: Blackwater
Author: The Code
An introduction video to The Code: who we are, what we do and how you can become a member. [Video transcript: As a tourism professional, do you know what to do in cases of child sexual exploitation? The Code is an internationally organised member...
Enact developed a short movie to provide an overview of recent developments in the field of business and human rights. The movie had its premiere at one of the network meetings and was very well received. The movie has since been used in Enact’s...
This short video presents Nestlé’s approach to Business & Human Rights and the 8-pillar Human Rights Due Diligence Programme that we have implemented throughout our business activities. Detailed information on our achievements against these 8...
- Related stories: Video presents 2012 achievements of Nestlé's human rights due diligence programme
- Related in-depth areas: Food & beverage Short videos & news items
- Related companies: Nestlé
Author: World Child & Youth Forum
The World Child & Youth Forum was established in Stockholm, Sweden 2009. The aim is to be an independent multi stakeholder platform which inspires to realise the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child. The third annual forum took place on March...
Author: Andrea Useem, Devex Impact
After nine years of working with British Petroleum as a policy development manager, Christine Bader gained a unique view into how the human rights practices of the extractives industry has evolved.“There is much more awareness and acknowledgement of...
Author: Raise Hope for Congo, Enough Project
Gold has emerged as the most lucrative conflict mineral because it is easy to smuggle small quantities for large profits. Armed groups use mass rape and violence to secure control of mines and strategic trading routes. More than $600 million in gold...
- Related stories: Campaign urges consumers to demand conflict-free gold from jewellery companies on Valentine's Day
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on conflict & peace Short videos & news items
IPC Conflict Minerals Seminar Proceedings Now Available: Explains SEC Regulation and Provides Compliance Assistance
Author: IPC — Association Connecting Electronics Industries
To help industry professionals navigate conflict minerals compliance, IPC — Association Connecting Electronics Industries is offering the proceedings from its fall seminars, featuring multimedia presentations about the U.S. Securities and Exchange...
- Related in-depth areas: Implementation of US Dodd-Frank Act rule on conflict minerals: Commentaries, guidance, company actions Latest news on conflict & peace Short videos & news items
- Related companies: Advanced Micro Devices BlackBerry Covington & Burling Freescale Semiconductor HP (Hewlett-Packard) Kemet Motorola Solutions Research In Motion (now BlackBerry)