Headquarters in USA
Author: Bethan Rafferty, research associate at Council on Hemispheric Affairs, in Cutting Edge
In Latin America, taxation-related problems are rampant, especially in the Caribbean, where many islands are considered offshore financial centers (OFCs)...Along with facilitating tax evasion and money laundering, the use of tax havens for legal tax...
- Related stories: Director of "Business Action for Africa" opinion blog on corporate tax avoidance and impacts on poor countries' development
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on tax avoidance
- Related companies: Chiquita Del Monte Foods Dole
The El Muelle plantation, owned and operated by Dole in Costa Rica, is one of the most responsible employers in the area and possibly in the industry...The greatest weakness in Dole’s human rights regime is its approach towards the communities nearest...
- Related stories: Human rights impact assessment of Dole's El Muelle pineapple plantation in Costa Rica
- Related in-depth areas: Business tools and guidance
- Related companies: Dole
[PDF] Corporate Social Responsibility in Latin America - A Collection of Research Papers from the Virtual Institute Network
Author: United Nations Conference on Trade and Development
The United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) was mandated to work on Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) issues by the 2008 Accra Accord...The publication covers CSR and labour practices in the agriculture and extractive industries...
In the case of Dolefil, there is currently an intra-union dispute within the main union (representing all rank and file workers since Dolefil has a union shop clause)...Regarding the allegations against Dole in Colombia, I would refer to the following...
- Related stories: "Working for Scrooge: Worst Companies of 2010 for the Right to Associate" - Intl. Labor Rights Forum
- This is a response from the following companies: Dole
Author: Intl. Labor Rights Forum
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR) states that “everyone has the right to form and to join trade unions for the protection of his interests”...Intl. Labor Rights Forum (ILRF) has released our 2010 version of an annual report: “Working for...
Author: Cahal Milmo, Independent [UK]
A 25-year battle by Latin American banana labourers to win compensation from companies including...Shell for exposure to a pesticide which they claim left them sterile and crippled by ill health is set to finally come to a close after dozens of workers...
La empresa estadounidense Dole Food Company acordó indemnizar a más de 5.000 ex trabajadores bananeros de Nicaragua, Honduras y Costa Rica, afectados por el uso de pesticidas, en el marco de un arreglo extrajudicial, informó la compañía…tras varios...
- Related stories: Centroamérica: Bananera Dole Food acuerda indemnizar a más de 5.000 extrabajadores por supuestos daños en la salud causado por pesticidas, en arreglo extrajudicial
- Related in-depth areas: Últimas noticias legales
- Related companies: Dole Dow Chemical Occidental Chemical (part of Occidental Petroleum) Occidental Petroleum Shell
Author: Camilo Rueda Navarro, Revista Semana [Colombia]
…El estudio se realizó durante un año y se concentró en Antioquia y Nariño…[y] encontró que “efectivamente hay vínculos que relacionan al sector empresarial con el desplazamiento forzado interno...”, pero…no son evidentes ni generalizables. Las...
- Related stories: Colombia: Estudio analiza responsabilidad empresarial en desplazamiento forzado interno e incluye tanto acciones positivas como casos negativos
- Related in-depth areas: Business tools and guidance Últimas noticias sobre conflicto y paz
- Related companies: Chiquita Dole EPM (Empresas Públicas de Medellín)
Author: Mara Hvistendahl, Science Insider
Dole Food Company and a local partner, Letsgrow, recently established the plantation on 2200 acres of scrubland near Kandakadu, a town on the edge of Somawathiya National Park in Sri Lanka's war-ravaged North Central Province...[C]onservationists.....
- Related stories: Sri Lanka: Concerns that Dole plantation in Northern area cleared by army did not conduct environmental assessment
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on conflict & peace
- Related companies: Dole