Headquarters in USA
[PDF] Corporate Equality Index 2012; Rating American Workplaces on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Equality
Author: Human Rights Campaign Foundation
...[T]he Corporate Equality Index [CEI] represents [how] corporate America...prioritize[s] the protection, recruitment and retention of LGBT [Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender] employees...[S]uccessful U.S. businesses have proven...that LGBT...
- Related stories: USA: Report of Human Rights Campaign Foundation rates over 300 companies on their lesbian, gay, bisexual & transgender policies
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News Latest news on conflict & peace
- Related companies: 3M Abbott Laboratories Abercrombie & Fitch Accenture Acer Adecco Group Adobe Systems Advance Auto Parts Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) Aegon AES Aetna Affiliated Computer Services AFLAC Agco Agilent Technologies Ahold Delhaize Air Products Alaska Air Alcatel-Lucent (part of Nokia) Alcoa Allegheny Energy Allergan Alliant Energy Alliant Techsystems (ATK) Allstate Alston & Bird Altria American Airlines (AMR) American Eagle Outfitters American Electric Power American Express American International Group (AIG) Amerigroup Ameriprise Financial AmerisourceBergen Amgen Anadarko (now part of Occidental Petroleum) Anheuser-Busch (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Aon Apache Apple Applied Materials Aramark Archer Daniels Midland (ADM) Arent Fox Arizona Public Service Company (part of Pinnacle West Capital) Arnold & Porter Arrow Electronics ArvinMeritor Ashland Global Specialty Chemicals Assurant AstraZeneca AT&T Atmos Energy Auto-Owners Insurance Autoliv AutoNation AutoZone Avaya Avery Dennison Avnet Avon Bain & Company Baker & McKenzie Baker Hughes Baldor Electric (now ABB Motors and Mechanical Inc.) Ball Corp. Bank of America Barclays Barnes & Noble BASF Bausch & Lomb Baxter International Bayer BBVA BD (Becton, Dickinson) Bed Bath & Beyond Berkshire Hathaway Best Buy Big Lots BJ's Wholesale Club BlackRock Blockbuster BNP Paribas Boehringer Ingelheim Boeing Booz Allen Hamilton Boston Scientific BP Breach Banking & Trust (BB&T) Bridgestone Bright Horizons Bristol-Myers Squibb Burger King Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railway (BNSF) Cablevision Caleres (formerly Brown Shoe) Calpine Cameron International Campbell Soup Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) Capgemini Capital One Cargill Carlson CarMax Casino Caterpillar CBS Celanese CenterPoint Energy Cerner Charles Schwab Charter Communications Chesapeake Energy Chevron Choice Hotels Chrysler (part of Fiat Chrysler) CHS Chubb Group CIGNA Cisco Systems CIT Citigroup Clifford Chance Clorox CMS Energy CNA Coca-Cola Coca-Cola Enterprises Colgate-Palmolive Comcast Comerica Commercial Metals Community Health Systems Compass Group Computer Sciences (CSC) Con Edison ConAgra ConocoPhillips Consol Energy Constellation Energy Corning Costco Covington & Burling Cox Enterprises Credit Suisse Crown Holdings CSX Cummins Dana Danaher Darden Restaurants DaVita Dean Foods Delhaize Dell Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu DelSur (part of PPL Corporation) Delta Air Lines Deutsche Bank Devon Energy Diageo Dillard's DirecTV Dole Dollar General Dominion Resources Domino's Pizza Domtar Dorsey & Whitney Dover Dow Chemical Dr Pepper Snapple Group DTE Energy Duke Energy DuPont Eastman Chemical Eastman Kodak Eaton Ecolab Edison International El Paso Energy Electronic Arts Eli Lilly EMC Emcor Group Emerson Electric Energy Future Holdings Energy Transfer Partners Entergy EOG Resources Erie Insurance Group Estée Lauder Exelon Expedia Express Scripts ExxonMobil EY (Ernst & Young) Faegre & Benson Family Dollar Fannie Mae FedEx Fenwick & West Fifth Third Bank First American First Data (part of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) First Horizon FirstEnergy Fiserv Fluor FMC Foot Locker Ford Fortune Brands Franklin Templeton (Franklin Resources) Freddie Mac Freeport-McMoRan Freescale Semiconductor Frontier Oil GameStop Gannett Gap Genentech General Dynamics General Electric (GE) General Mills General Motors Genuine Parts Genworth Financial Genzyme Gilead Sciences GlaxoSmithKline Global Partners Goldman Sachs Goodrich Goodyear Google (part of Alphabet) Graybar Electric Group 1 Automotive Guardian Life Insurance H&R Block Halliburton Hallmark Cards Hanesbrands Hanover Insurance Harley-Davidson Hartford Financial Services Hasbro HCA Health Care Service Health Net Heinz (now Kraft Heinz) Henry Schein Herman Miller Hershey Hertz Hess Corporation Hilton Holland & Knight Holly Corporation Home Depot Honeywell Hormel Hospira Host Hotels & Resorts Howrey LLP HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC Humana Hunton & Williams Huntsman Hyatt IBM Illinois Tool Works Ingram Micro Integrys Energy Group Intel InterContinental Hotels International Paper Interpublic Group Intuit ITT Industries J.C. Penney Jabil Circuit Jacobs Jarden Jenner & Block JetBlue Airways John Deere (Deere & Co) John Hancock Financial Services (part of Manulife Financial) Johnson & Johnson Johnson Controls Jones Group JPMorgan Chase Kaiser Permanente KB Home KBR Kellogg Kelly Services Kenneth Cole Kimberly-Clark Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants Kinder Morgan Inc. Kohl's KPMG Kraft Foods (now Kraft Heinz) Kroger L.L.Bean Land O'Lakes Lear Levi Strauss Lexmark Liberty Global Liberty Mutual Limited Brands Lincoln National Littler Mendelson Liz Claiborne (part of J.C. Penney) Lockheed Martin Loews Macy's ManpowerGroup Marathon Oil Marriott Mars Marsh & McLennan Masco MasterCard Mattel McAfee (part of Intel) McDermott Will & Emery McDonald's McKesson McKinsey MeadWestvaco Medtronic Meijer Merck Metlife Micron Microsoft Mirant (part of NRG Energy) Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams Mohawk Industries Monsanto (part of Bayer) Moody's Morgan Stanley Morgan, Lewis & Bockius Morrison & Foerster Motorola Solutions Murphy Oil Mylan Laboratories Nash Finch National Grid National Oilwell Varco Nationwide Mutual Insurance NCR New York Life New York Times Newell Rubbermaid Newmont (formerly Newmont Goldcorp) News Corporation Nike NiSource Nissan Nixon Peabody Nokia Nordstrom Norfolk Southern Nortel Networks Northeast Utilities Northern Trust Northrop Grumman Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance NRG Energy Nucor NYSE Euronext Occidental Petroleum Office Depot Office Depot Inc. (previously OfficeMax) Omnicare Omnicom ONEOK Oracle Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe Oshkosh Owens & Minor Owens Corning Owens-Illinois Paccar Pacificorp (part of Berkshire Hathaway) Pantry Parker Hannifin Peabody Energy Pearson Penske Automotive PepsiCo PetSmart Pfizer PG&E Philip Morris USA (part of Altria) Pilgrim's (part of JBS) Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman Pitney Bowes Plains All American Pipeline PNC Financial Services PNM Resources Polaroid Polo Ralph Lauren PPG Praxair PricewaterhouseCoopers Principal Financial Procter & Gamble Progress Energy (part of Duke Energy) Progressive Insurance Prudential Financial Public Service Enterprise Group Publicis Qualcomm Quest Diagnostics R.R. Donnelley & Sons RadioShack Raytheon Replacements Ltd. Reynolds American Rite Aid Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi Ross Stores Royal Caribbean Cruises Ryder Ryland (now CalAtlantic Group) Safeway USA (part of Albertsons) Sallie Mae Sanmina-SCI Sanofi Sara Lee Seagate Technology Sealed Air Sempra Energy Severn Trent Shaw Group Shell Sherwin-Williams Smithfield Foods Smurfit-Stone Sodexo Sony Southern California Edison (part of Edison International) Southern Company Southwest Airlines Sprint Staples Starbucks Starcom MediaVest (part of Publicis) Starwood Hotels State Street Steelcase Sullivan & Cromwell Sun Life Financial Sunoco (part of Energy Transfer Partners) SunTrust Banks Supervalu Symantec Sysco T-Mobile (part of Deutsche Telekom) Target Tech Data Tenet Healthcare Terex Tesoro Texas Instruments Textron Thomson Reuters Tiffany Time Warner TJX Toronto-Dominion Bank Toyota Travelers Tutor Perini Tyson UBS UGI Utilities Unilever Union Pacific Unisys United States Steel United Technologies UnitedHealth Group UPS URS US Airways US Bancorp Valero Energy Verizon VF Corp Viacom Virgin America Virgin Media Visa Inc. Visteon Volkswagen Walgreen Walmart Walt Disney Waste Management Weil, Gotshal & Manges Wellpoint Wells Fargo Western Union Weyerhaeuser Whirlpool Whole Foods Market (part of Amazon) Williams Companies Wilson, Sonsini, Goodrich & Rosati Winn-Dixie WPP Wyeth (part of Pfizer) Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Xcel Energy Xerox XTO Energy (part of ExxonMobil) YUM!
[PDF] Background Paper for the World Development Report 2012: Private Sector Voluntary Initiatives on Labor Standards
Author: Kirsten Newitt, Senior Consultant, Ergon Associates
This paper will consider the role and functioning of private sector initiatives that are voluntarily adopted by companies in order to uphold, monitor and improve labour standards and working conditions in global supply chains, through activities such...
A Los Angeles superior court has dismissed the lawsuit against Dole filed by Filipino banana plantation workers, who claimed to have been injured from exposure to the agricultural chemical DBCP. The lawsuit, Macasa v. Dole, was filed last year with...
Author: Agence France-Presse (AFP)
US fruit giant Dole has reached an agreement to terminate 38 lawsuits filed in the United States and Nicaragua alleging pesticide-related injuries, the company said. The complaints concerned Dibromochloropropane (DBCP), a pesticide sprayed on crops to...
Author: UN Conference on Trade and Development
UNCTAD hosted its first Global CSR Retreat…bringing together 27 corporate social responsibility (CSR) professionals from 18 countries for a…peer-to-peer learning event. Participants shared best practices on sustainable business with their peers from...
Author: compiled by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
On 23 April 2013 the American Federation of Labor and Congress of Industrial Organizations (AFL–CIO) released a report called "Responsibility Outsourced". AFL-CIO says that this report "digs underneath the façade of social auditing and certification...
- Related stories: AFL-CIO report on failures of social audits & certification at protecting workers rights - 2013
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on freedom of association
- Related companies: Apple Dole Dolefil (Dole Philippines) (part of Itochu) Fibres & Fabrics International (FFI) Foxconn (part of Hon Hai) G-Star Raw Gap Giorgio Armani Hon Hai Jones Group RI&CA RINA Walmart
Dole did not respond to: AFL-CIO report "Responsibility Outsourced" raises several serious labour rights concerns including anti-union actions, harms to workers' health, harassment at audited & certified factories.
- Related stories: AFL-CIO report on failures of social audits & certification at protecting workers rights - 2013
- This is a non response from the following companies: Dole
Author: Annie Kelly, Guardian (UK)
...the United Fruit Company slaughter stands as a monument in the turbulent history of human rights and business in Colombia. Now...could a new era be dawning?..."...the country's reputation as a place where business was interlaced with conflict,...
- Related stories: Coca-Cola lawsuit (re Colombia) Drummond lawsuits (re Colombia)
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News Latest news on conflict & peace Latest news on freedom of association Latest news on UNGPs
- Related companies: Anglo American BHP Billiton Cerrejón Coal (joint venture Anglo American, BHP Billiton, Glencore) Coca-Cola Dole Drummond Xstrata (part of Glencore)
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
This briefing highlights reports from a range of sources about how businesses have impacted human rights, positively and negatively, in Latin America & the Caribbean over the past two years. The briefing refers to most countries in Latin America....
- Related stories: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre launches its first Latin America & the Caribbean regional briefing Chiquita lawsuits (re Colombia) Daimler lawsuit (re Argentina) Drummond lawsuits (re Colombia) DynCorp lawsuits (re Colombia & Ecuador) Ford lawsuit (re Argentina) Hudbay Minerals lawsuits (re Guatemala) Monterrico Metals lawsuit (re Peru) Nestlé lawsuit (re Colombia) Texaco/Chevron lawsuits (re Ecuador) Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News Latest news on Children Latest news on conflict & peace Latest news on freedom of association Latest news on UNGPs Latest news on UNWG UN Secretary-General's Special Representative on business & human rights
- Related companies: A.P. Moller - Maersk Group Abbott Laboratories Aeroméxico Alcoa Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Antamina (joint venture BHP Billiton, Glencore, Teck, Mitsubishi Corporation) APM Terminals (part of A.P. Moller - Maersk) Aramark Archer Daniels Midland Arcor Banco Castilla-La Mancha (CCM) Banco do Brasil Banco Espírito Santo Banco Itau Barrick Gold Bavaria (part of SABMiller) Bayer Benetton BHP Billiton BP Bridas Corporation Bunge CaixaBank (part of La Caixa) Cargill Carlos Casado (part of Grupo Sanjose) Cementos Argos Cemex Cerrejón Coal (joint venture Anglo American, BHP Billiton, Glencore) Chevron Chiquita Coca-Cola FEMSA Codelco Comisión Federal de Electricidad (CFE) Compañia de Minas Buenaventura Consórcio Norte Energia Corriente Resources (joint venture Tongling Nonferrous Metals, China Railway Construction Corporation & CRCC-Tongguan Investment) Cosan Group Daimler Doe Run (part of Renco) Dole Drummond DuPont DynCorp EBX Eco Oro Minerals (formerly Greystar Resources) Ecopetrol Ecuacorriente (part of Corriente Resources) Emgesa (part of Endesa) Endesa (part of Enel) Enel EPM (Empresas Públicas de Medellín) Excellon Resources FCC First Majestic Silver Ford Fortuna Silver Mines Forza (part of Securitas) Fresh Del Monte Produce Frito-Lay (part of PepsiCo) Gas Natural General Motors Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher GlaxoSmithKline Glencore Goldcorp (now Newmont Goldcorp) Gran Colombia Gold Grupo Eulen Grupo México Grupo Pellas Grupo Sanjose Grupo Vicini Heineken Hidro Santa Cruz (part of Hidralia Energía) Holcim (part of LafargeHolcim) HSBC Hudbay Minerals Inditex Infinito Gold InverCaixa (part of La Caixa) Isagen (part of Brookfield) Kappes, Cassiday & Associates Kinross Gold La Caixa La Nación Lafarge (part of LafargeHolcim) MAG Silver Maple Energy Mareña Renovables (joint venture Macquarie, Mitsubishi Corp. & PGGM) McDonald's Mercedes-Benz (part of Daimler) Minera Cuzcatlan (part of Fortuna Silver) Minera Real Bonanza (part of First Majestic Silver) Minera Yanacocha (joint venture Newmont, Sumitomo & Compañía de Minas Buenaventura) Mitsubishi Group Monsanto (part of Bayer) Monterrico Metals (part of Zijin) MPX (part of EBX) Muriel Mining Nestlé New Balance Newmont Goldcorp Nicaragua Sugar Estates Limited (NSEL) Nidera Nike Occidental Petroleum Pacific Exploration & Production (Now Frontera Energy) Pacific Rim Mining PDVSA (Petróleos de Venezuela) PepsiCo Petrobras Petroperú Pfizer PGGM Philip Morris International Piedra del Águila Pluspetrol Prodeco (part of Glencore) PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Radius Gold Refinor Renco Repsol Rio Blanco Copper (part of Xiamen Zijin Tongguan Investment Development Corporation, part of Zijin Mining Group, Tongling Non-Ferrous Metals Group Holding Co. Ltd. y Xiamen C&D Coperation Ltd.) Rio Tinto SABMiller (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Santander Seaboard Securitas AB Group Shell Sodexo Southern Cross Syngenta Tahoe Resources (part of Pan American Silver) Teck Resources Telefónica Telmex Total Transocean Vale Vestas Wind Systems VF Corp Walmart Xstrata (part of Glencore) YPF Zara (part of Inditex) Zijin