Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in USA
Author: Amit Bhandari, American Bazaar
If a US nuclear company were to build a reactor in India that suffered a catastrophe, and people were to die in India, the US government’s position seems to be that American suppliers shouldn’t face civil or criminal liability. The US believes the...
- Related stories: India: Discussions with business leaders at CEO Forum & patent laws among other topics to be discussed during Obama's visit
- Related companies: Dow Chemical Volkswagen
Author: Times News Network
Bhopal court on Friday scheduled hearing related to 7 Indians accused in Bhopal gas tragedy case to March 30, 31 and April, 1 &2...Handed out sentence by a lower court in Bhopal for causing death by negligence in 2010, the accused including- former...
Author: Rachel Tansey, Open Democracy UK
"Looking back at the corporate circus inside COP21", 12 Jan 2016...
- Related stories: Civil society & business reactions to Paris climate agreement
- Related companies: BMW BNP Paribas BP Caterpillar Chevron ConocoPhillips Dow Chemical EDF Enel Engie (formerly GDF Suez) Equinor (formerly Statoil) ExxonMobil Ford LafargeHolcim McDonald's Monsanto (part of Bayer) Nestlé Pfizer Shell Total Vattenfall Volkswagen
Author: Nathalia Villalobos, Elpaís.cr
“Vecinos de Cañas Guanacaste en contra del algodón transgénico”, 2 de Febrero 2016...
- Related companies: Dow Chemical
Starting in 1998, mulitple lawsuits were filed in US courts against chemical company DuPont in relation to PFOA used to produce Teflon. Local farmers, residents and company workers claimed to have suffered illnesses linked to PFOA pollution from DuPont...
Human Rights Responsibility of Multinational Corporations, Political Ecology of Injustice: Learning from Bhopal Thirty Plus?
Author: Upendra Baxi, Business and Human Rights Journal, Volume 1, Issue 1
This article addresses human rights responsibilities of multinational corporations (MNCs) in the light of what I describe as the four Bhopal catastrophes. More than thirty years of struggle by the valiant violated people to seek justice is situated in...
Public Eye Awards stops "most irresponsible company" vote as advocates say World Economic Forum is losing legitimacy
Author: Samuel Oakford, Vice News
"This Year in Davos, Opponents Aren't Even Bothering to Protest", 20 Jan 2016...
USA: Lawyer "became DuPont's worst nightmare" by uncovering toxic pollution, seeking to hold it accountable
Author: Nathaniel Rich, New York Times Magazine (USA)
"The Lawyer Who Became DuPont’s Worst Nightmare", 6 Jan. 2016...
Author: Becky Dempsey, GreenBiz
More than 700 sustainability executives are set to convene next month in Arizona to discuss the trends, tools and technologies needed to move their companies toward a more sustainable future, energized by the climate goals set last month by the Paris...
- Related in-depth areas: Mitigation
- Related companies: 21st Century Fox 3M Baxter International Best Buy Boeing Campbell Soup Dell Dow Chemical Facebook Gap Genentech General Motors Kimberly-Clark Land O'Lakes McDonald's McKinsey Ralph Lauren Sealed Air Siemens Sodexo Staples Starbucks Steelcase Target Tiffany VF Corp Walmart Walt Disney Waste Management