Headquarters in USA
DPL website: www.waytogo.com
Ohio, Pennsylvania and Florida Lead List of "Toxic 20" States with Most Toxic Air Pollution from Power Plants [USA]
Author: Natural Resources Defense Council [USA]
Residents of Ohio, Pennsylvania and Florida live in states with the most toxic air pollution from coal- and oil-fired power plants, according to an analysis by the Natural Resources Defense Council. The study used publicly-available data in the...
- Related stories: USA: Natural Resources Defense Council releases list of states with most toxic air pollution from coal-, oil-fired power plants
- Related companies: AES Alliant Energy Ameren American Electric Power Berkshire Hathaway CMS Energy Constellation Energy DPL DTE Energy Duke Energy Dynegy Edison International Energy Future Holdings Exelon FirstEnergy GDF Suez (now Engie) Great Plains Energy Integrys Energy Group MidAmerican Energy (part of Berkshire Hathaway) NiSource NRG Energy PPL Progress Energy (part of Duke Energy) Public Service Enterprise Group Southern Company TECO Energy Xcel Energy
Investors Call On Power Sector And Wall Street To Focus Attention On Financial Risks From Climate Change [USA]
...leading U.S. institutional investors today called on the country's 50 largest investor-owned greenhouse gas emitters in the electric power industry to report within a year how future greenhouse gas limits will affect their financial bottom lines and...
- Related companies: AES Alliant Energy American Electric Power Calpine CenterPoint Energy Cinergy (now Duke Energy) CMS Energy Constellation Energy DPL DTE Energy Duke Energy Dynegy E.ON Edison International Entergy Exelon FirstEnergy FPL Group Great Plains Energy KeySpan Mirant (part of NRG Energy) PG&E PNM Resources PPL Progress Energy (part of Duke Energy) Public Service Enterprise Group Scottish Power Southern Company TransAlta TXU WPS Resources Xcel Energy
Author: Wina Graus, Monique Voogt & Jan Willem Langeraar, World Wildlife Fund
WWF has launched its global Power Switch! public campaign aiming to persuade the power sector to become carbon neutral...The overall goal is to stimulate the use of renewable energy sources (RES) and gas-CHP [Natural Gas-fired Combined Heat and Power]...
- Related stories: New World Wildlife Fund report reveals global failure of power sector to combat climate change
- Related companies: AES Allegheny Energy Alliant Energy Ameren American Electric Power British Energy CenterPoint Energy Chubu Electric Power Chugoku Electric Power Cinergy (now Duke Energy) CMS Energy Constellation Energy Dominion Resources DPL DTE Energy Duke Energy E.ON EDF Edison International EDP (Energias de Portugal) Electrabel Electric Power Development Company Elkraft System Endesa (part of Enel) Enel Entergy Exelon FirstEnergy Fortum FPL Group Hydro-Québec Iberdrola International Power Kansai Electric Power (KEPCO) Mirant (part of NRG Energy) Ontario Power Generation (OPG) PG&E PPL Progress Energy (part of Duke Energy) Public Service Enterprise Group RAO-UES RWE Scottish Power Shikoku Electric Power Southern Company Statkraft Tohoku Electric Power Tokyo Electric Power (TEPCO) TXU Unión Fenosa (now Gas Natural) Vattenfall Xcel Energy
Is Your Money Where Your Heart Is? - The Truth About SRI [socially responsible investing] Mutual Funds
Author: Paul Hawken, Natural Capital Institute, in Dragonfly Media
...the international SRI (socially responsible investing) mutual fund industry...has no standards, no definitions, and no regulations...Anyone can join; anyone can call his or her fund an SRI fund. The term "socially responsible investing" is so broad...