DRDGold website: www.drdgold.com
DRDGold was known as Durban Roodepoort Deep until 2004.
Author: Dineo Faku, Business Report [So. Africa]
Richard Spoor, the lawyer leading a class action lawsuit against mining firms on behalf of thousands of workers who contracted silicosis due to lax safety regulations, is willing to talk to firms about the best procedure to resolve the battle. Because...
Author: Dineo Matomela, Business Report [So. Africa]
More than 300 000 retired gold mine workers, who contracted silicosis or tuberculosis (TB) during or after their employment in the industry, were pushing for the start of a multibillion-rand class action next year, lawyer Richard Spoor said on Friday....
- Related stories: AngloGold Ashanti silicosis lawsuit (So. Africa) Cape/Gencor lawsuits (re So. Africa)
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: African Rainbow Minerals Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Barrick Gold Cape PLC DRDGold Gencor (mining) Gold Fields Harmony Gold JCI Randgold
Author: Council on Ethics for the Norwegian Government Pension Fund Global
The Council on Ethics for the Norwegian Government’s Pension Fund Global…makes recommendations…on the potential exclusion of companies from the Pension Fund on the basis of acts or omissions that contravene the criteria in the Ethical Guidelines for...
- Related companies: Alliant Techsystems Barrick Gold Dongfeng Motor DRDGold Elbit Systems Freeport-McMoRan General Dynamics Hanwha L-3 Communications Lockheed Martin Norilsk Nickel Poongsan Raytheon Rio Tinto ST Engineering (Singapore Technologies Engineering) Textron Thales United Technologies Vedanta Resources Wal-Mart de Mexico (Walmex) Walmart
Author: Norwegian Government
On the basis of the Council on Ethics’ recommendation, the Ministry of Finance has decided to reverse its previous decisions to exclude the companies Thales SA and DRD Gold Limited from the investment universe of the Government Pension Fund – Global....
Author: Muchena Zigomo, Reuters
South Africa's National Union of Mineworkers (NUM) said on Wednesday a worker had been killed at Anglo Platinum's Lebowa platinum mine. Anglo Platinum spokesman Simon Tebele said the worker had been killed by a scrapper winch on Wednesday afternoon.....
Author: South African Press Association
DRGold has denied claims...that intolerant racist behaviour is being practiced at the company's Blyvooruitzicht mine. In a statement released by Cosatu on Tuesday, the union alleged that Blyvoor mine management practiced racism towards employees...NUM...
- Related companies: DRDGold
Author: Joel Avni, Sowetan [So. Africa]
A directive issued to farmers by Harmony Gold Mining company on July 16 warns that the National Nuclear Regulator has issued a directive prohibiting the use of water from the spruit for agricultural purposes... The National Nuclear Regulator recently...
[PDF] full report: "The Policy Gap: A review of the corporate social responsibility programmes of the platinum mining industry in the North West Province" [So. Africa]
Author: Bench Marks Foundation for Southern Africa for Corporate Social Responsibility
The research that follows would suggest that corporate social responsibility should extent beyond labour rights and environmental concerns, to include communities directly and indirectly affected by massive corporate operations such as mining... To a...
- Related stories: So. Africa: Report says platinum mines have serious health, safety risks for workers, host communities
- Related companies: African Rainbow Minerals Anglo American Anglo Platinum (part of Anglo American) AngloGold Ashanti DRDGold Gold Fields Impala Platinum Lonmin Xstrata (part of Glencore Xstrata)
L'opulente Norvège va durcir les lignes éthiques régissant les placements de son fonds de pension public... [Le] fonds ne peut être placé dans les fabricants d'armes "particulièrement inhumaines"...et dans les groupes coupables de violer les droits de...
Mining company excluded from the investment universe of the Norwegian Government Pension Fund - Global
Author: Norwegian Ministry of Finance
The Ministry of Finance has excluded the South-African company DRD Gold Limited from the investment universe of the Norwegian Government Pension Fund – Global, based on a recommendation from the Council on Ethics for the Fund. According to the Council...
- Related stories: Norway's "oil fund" excludes investment in DRDGold due to environmental impacts in Papua New Guinea, Fiji
- Related companies: DRDGold