Dresdner Bank (part of Allianz)
Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Germany
Dresdner Bank website: www.dresdner-bank.com
Author: Nicol Degli Innocenti, Financial Times
Royal Dutch/Shell, the oil company, is to be cited in a multi-billion-dollar class action lawsuit brought by a team of lawyers on behalf of the victims of South Africa's apartheid regime, a lawyer said on Friday...Shell, which is accused of supplying...
Author: South African Press Association
[lawsuit in U.S. court against companies for past conduct in South Africa] - A non-governmental organisation has filed a lawsuit against 21 multinational corporations and leading international banks for helping prop up the apartheid state...The...
- Related stories: Apartheid reparations lawsuits (re So. Africa) NGO sues firms for 'propping up apartheid'
- Related companies: Allianz Barclays BP Caltex Citigroup Credit Suisse DaimlerChrysler (now Daimler) Deutsche Bank Dresdner Bank (part of Allianz) ExxonMobil Fluor Ford General Motors IBM JPMorgan Chase Rheinmetall Rio Tinto Shell UBS
HIV/AIDS Could Cause Major Economic Crisis in 'Emerging Markets'; Some Companies Providing Prevention, Treatment to Workforce
Author: Kaiser Daily HIV/AIDS Report
Not only is the HIV/AIDS pandemic a "humanitarian disaster," but the disease could also cause an "economic crisis" in "emerging markets" such as South Africa, China and the former Soviet Union...A number of banks, including Deutsche Bank and Dresdner...
[PDF] Principles, Profits or just PR? Triple P investments under the Equator Principles: An Anniversary Assessment
[refers to Barclays, ABN AMRO, Citigroup, Mizuho, Société Générale, Banca Intesa, Dexia, HVB, ING, KBC, Royal Bank of Scotland, West LB, Royal Bank of Canada, Lukoil, Calyon (part of Crédit Agricole), Dresdner Bank (part of Allianz), Rabobank, Crédit...
- Related companies: ABN Amro Allianz Banca Intesa (part of Intesa Sanpaolo) Barclays BBVA BP Calyon (part of Crédit Agricole) China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) Citigroup Credit Suisse Dexia Dresdner Bank (part of Allianz) Electricity Generating Public Company Gazprom HSBC HVB ING KBC Lukoil Mizuho Bank (part of Mizuho Financial Group) Monterrico Metals (part of Zijin) NHPC (National Hydroelectric Power Corporation - India) Rabobank Royal Bank of Canada Royal Bank of Scotland Société Générale Standard Chartered STEAG West LB Westpac
[PDF] full report: "The Materiality of Social, Environmental and Corporate Governance Issues to Equity Pricing: 11 Sector Studies by Brokerage House Analysts at the Request of the UNEP Finance Initiative Asset Management Working Group"
Author: UN Environment Programme Finance Initiative
[contributions by ABN Amro, Deutsche Bank, Dresdner Kleinwort Wasserstein (part of Dresdner Bank, which is part of Allianz), Goldman Sachs, HSBC, NikkoCitigroup (joint venture Nikko Cordial & Citigroup), Nomura, UBS, West LB. Also includes...
- Related companies: ABN Amro Allianz BP British Airways Centrica CEPSA Chevron Citigroup Deutsche Bank Dresdner Bank (part of Allianz) E.ON easyJet Electrabel Eni ExxonMobil Foschini Goldman Sachs Honda Iberdrola Iberia Lufthansa Lukoil Marathon Oil Matsushita (now Panasonic) Mitsubishi Group Mr Price Nikko Cordial Nomura Norsk Hydro (now part of Statoil) OMV RWE Ryanair Sanyo (part of Panasonic) Scottish and Southern Energy Sharp Shell Statoil Toyota UBS West LB Woolworths Holdings Yukos
Author: UN Environment Programme
[C]ompanies will see their share price suffer in the long term unless proper attention is paid to environmental and social issues, warns a group of the world’s most powerful financial institutions. In a new report with the United Nations Environment...
«[L]es entreprises risquent de voir le cours de leurs actions chuter si elles ne prêtent pas aux enjeux environnementaux et sociaux toute l’attention qu’ils méritent», prévient un groupe de travail composé des plus puissantes institutions financières...
Author: Dresdner Bank
- Related companies: Dresdner Bank (part of Allianz)
One Year On: Global Compact Maps Progress on Mainstreaming ESG [environmental, social, governance] Considerations
Author: William Baue, SocialFunds.com
Two recent reports [UN Global Compact's "Who Cares Wins: One Year On" & "Investing for Long-Term Value" by UN Global Compact, IFC, Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs] paint a vivid picture of developments over the past year on integrating...