Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in USA
USA: Social media site Gab accused of facilitating white supremacist violence after user suspected of killing 11 people in Pittsburgh synagogue
On 27 October 2018, Robert Bowers entered Tree of Life Synagogue in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and killed 11 people and wounded 6 others. The attack is believed to be the deadliest on the Jewish community in US history, according to the Anti-Defamation...
CEOs & corporations expected to increasingly quickly figure out where they stand on issues of the day
Author: Aaron K. Chatterji, New York Times (USA)
"Our Newest Culture Warriors: Activist C.E.O.s," 2 Mar 2018...
Author: Kathrin Werner, Süddeutsche Zeitung
"Firmenchefs sind die neuen Wächter der Werte", 27 Februar 2018...
- Related stories: USA: Firmen distanzieren sich von der Waffenlobby nach Schießerei an Schule in Florida, bei der 17 Menschen starben
- Related in-depth areas: Positive company initiatives
- Related companies: Apple BlackRock Delta Air Lines eBay Hertz PayPal (part of eBay) United Airlines (part of United Continental) United Continental
Tech companies have taken several actions in recent months to address the use of the internet to promote hate speech and racism. Following violence by white nationalists at a rally in Charlottesville, both GoDaddy and Google revoked the internet...
USA: Oil executives & other state business leaders denounce “bathroom bill” that would discriminate against transgender people
Author: Travis M. Andrews, The Washington Post (USA)
"Houston oil executives join Dallas business leaders in denouncing Texas ‘bathroom bill’", 1 August 2017...
Author: Marie Reynolds, The Climate Group
The L'OCCITANE Group is the latest big name to join The Climate Group and CDP's RE100 campaign, committing to transition to 100% renewables globally, with an interim goal of 80% by 2020...The natural cosmetics company was already aiming to reduce its...
- Related stories: Re100 campaign calls on companies to get 100% of their electricity from renewables sources of energy
- Related companies: eBay L'Occitane en Provence Lego Tesco
Group representing $6.2 trillion of the US economy says they're 'still in' the Paris climate agreement
Author: Madeleine Sheehan Perkins, Business Insider
A coalition of US economic, education, and local government leaders...will continue to abide by the Paris agreement regardless of America's withdrawal, forming the We Are Still In movement. The coalition represents 120 million Americans and $6.2...