Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in USA
Author: Human Rights Campaign
This year, an historic 304 major businesses…scored 100 percent on HRC’s Corporate Equality Index and the coveted distinction of “Best Places to Work for LGBT Equality.” These companies adopted a full framework of LGBT inclusion in the workplace,...
- Related stories: USA: Human Rights Campaign releases ranking of “best places to work for LGBT equality”
- Related companies: 3M Abercrombie & Fitch Accenture Acerinox Aetna AIG Alcatel-Lucent (part of Nokia) Alcoa Alston & Bird AMC Networks American Airlines American Eagle Outfitters American Express Ameriprise Financial Apple Arent Fox Arnold & Porter AT&T Automatic Data Processing Avon AXA Bain & Company Baker & McKenzie Bank of America Bank of New York (part of BNY Mellon) Barclays Barnes & Noble BASF Best Buy Bingham McCutchen BlackRock Blue Cross BNP Paribas BNY Mellon Boehringer Ingelheim Boeing Booz Allen Hamilton Bristol-Myers Squibb Campbell Soup Capital One Cardinal Cargill Charles Schwab Chevron Chrysler Chubb Group CIGNA Cisco Systems Citigroup Clifford Chance Clorox Coca-Cola Comcast Corning Covington & Burling Credit Suisse Cummins Danaher Darden Restaurants Dechert Dell Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Deutsche Bank Deutsche Telekom Diageo DLA Piper Dorsey & Whitney Dow Chemical DuPont Eastman Kodak eBay Ecolab Edison International Electronic Arts EMC EY (Ernst & Young) Faegre & Benson Fenwick & West Ford Freddie Mac GameStop Gap Genentech General Electric General Mills General Motors Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher Giorgio Armani GlaxoSmithKline Goldman Sachs Google (part of Alphabet) Hartford Financial Services Herman Miller Hilton HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC Humana Hyatt IBM Intuit Jenner & Block Johnson & Johnson JPMorgan Chase Kaiser Permanente Kellogg KPMG Kraft Foods (now Kraft Heinz) Land O'Lakes Leo Burnett (part of Publicis) Levi Strauss Lexmark Limited Brands Littler Mendelson Lockheed Martin Marriott Marsh & McLennan MasterCard McDermott Will & Emery McKesson McKinsey Medtronic Merck Metlife MGM Resorts Microsoft Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams Moody's Morgan Stanley Morgan, Lewis & Bockius Morrison & Foerster Nationwide Mutual Insurance Nielsen Nike Nissan Nixon Peabody Nokia Nordstrom Northern Trust Novartis Office Depot Oracle Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe Owens Corning PepsiCo Pfizer Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman PNC Financial Services PricewaterhouseCoopers Procter & Gamble Progressive Insurance Prudential Financial Publicis Qualcomm Raytheon Replacements Ltd. Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi Rockwell Automation Salesforce.com SAP Sears Sempra Energy Sidley Austin Brown & Wood Sodexo Sony Southern California Edison (part of Edison International) Sprint Staples Starcom MediaVest (part of Publicis) Starwood Hotels Sun Life Financial SunTrust Banks Symantec T-Mobile (part of Deutsche Telekom) Target Tech Data Thomson Reuters Time Warner Toronto-Dominion Bank Toyota UBS Unilever Union Bank of California United Continental United Technologies UnitedHealth Group US Bancorp Verizon Viacom Volkswagen Walgreen Walt Disney Wells Fargo Whirlpool White & Case Wyndham Xerox Yahoo!
Author: Padraic Halpin, Carmel Crimmins & Himanshu Ojha, Reuters
A Reuters analysis of Irish and U.S. filings shows that more than 40 percent of the S&P 500 have registered subsidiaries in [Ireland]…Ireland, which has courted U.S. business for decades, rejects the Senate's claims that it is a tax haven, but the...
Support for gay marriage by companies as varied as Goldman Sachs, Microsoft and Starbucks is gathering steam to change policies in American states that bar same-sex couples from tying the knot…State legislators stand to feel the heat as more...
Author: Jeff Mason and Roberta Rampton, Reuters
President Barack Obama tried to revive his stalled climate change agenda on Tuesday, promising new rules to cut carbon emissions from U.S. power plants and other domestic actions...Obama also signaled he would block construction of the Keystone XL oil...
Author: Tom Brewster, TechWeekEurope (UK)
The UK’s data protection watchdog has yet again raised concerns over controversial privacy laws drawn up in Brussels...The ICO is particularly worried about “guesswork” guiding the proposals, which include provisions to fine companies two percent of...
- Related stories: US & European companies concerned about effects & costs of proposed EU data protection law
- Related companies: Amazon.com eBay
Tackling climate change is one of America's greatest economic opportunities of the 21st century (and it's simply the right thing to do).
Author: Business for Innovative Climate and Energy (BICEP)
The very foundation of our country is based on fighting for our freedoms and ensuring the health and prosperity of our state, our community, and our families. Today those things are threatened by a changing climate that most scientists agree is being...
- Related stories: 33 major companies sign declaration calling on US Govt. to implement national strategy to combat climate change
- Related companies: adidas Ben & Jerry's (part of Unilever) Clif Bar eBay Eileen Fisher Intel KB Home Levi Strauss Nestlé Patagonia Seventh Generation Stonyfield Farm Swiss Re Symantec Unilever United Natural Foods (UNFI)
Author: Project on Trade Agreements & Internet Governance, Elliott School for Intl. Affairs, George Washington Univ. [USA]
December 6, 2012, 8:15-3:30 - Elliott School for International Affairs, 1957 E Street NW [Washington DC, USA. Topics include:]...
Author: Bernard Yaros, Tunisia Live
The participation rate of men in the labor market [in Tunisia] hovers above 70% while that of women only comes to around 25%...A recent partnership, the Women’s Enterprise for Sustainability (WES) program, is looking to play its part in empowering...