Headquarters in Canada
Author: CEMDA (México)
“Decisión de la Suprema Corte sobre sobre Acueducto Independencia no abona a la legalidad en materia ambiental", 25 de enero de 2015...
Author: Frontline Defenders
"Actualización: México – Detención del defensor de derechos humanos, el Sr Mario Luna Romero", 11 septiembre 2014 ...
- Related in-depth areas: México Últimas noticias sobre defensoras/es
- Related companies: Acueducto Independencia (parte de Exploraciones Mineras del Desierto) Eldorado Gold Exploraciones del Desierto (parte de Eldorado Gold)
Author: Abed Alloush, Greek Reporter
A peaceful protest march against gold mining in Skouries, which is on the Chalkidiki peninsula, took place in the center of Thessaloniki, Greece on Saturday. The protest march was attended by thousands of people. March protests were also organized all...
Author: Mining Watch Canada
Las embajadas canadienses han protegido habitualmente y sin inmutarse los intereses de las compañías mineras canadienses en casos en los que las comunidades no las quieren y donde ha existido constancia de abusos ambientales y contra los derechos...
Greece: Locals continue to protest over environmental & social impacts of Eldorado Gold's mine in Halkidiki, raise concerns about arbitrary arrests & excessive force by police
Author: Compiled by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
[Business & Human Rights Resource Centre invited Eldorado Gold and Hellas Gold to respond. Joint response provided.] Hellas Gold is a Greek mining company 95% owned by Canadian company Eldorado Gold...Local communities and civil society have raised...
Response by Eldorado Gold: Local protests over environmental & social impacts of Eldorado Gold's mine in Halkidiki continue
- Related in-depth areas: Greece: Locals continue to protest over environmental & social impacts of Eldorado Gold's mine in Halkidiki – company response provided
- This is a response from the following companies: Eldorado Gold
Revelations of Industrial Espionage Expose Underbelly of Canadian Support for Mining Companies [Brazil]
Author: MiningWatch Canada
News that the Communications Security Establishment Canada (CSEC) has been spying on Brazil’s Mines Ministry starts to expose the extent to which the Canadian government is willing to go in the corporate interest…Glenn Greenwald’s ongoing reporting…has...
- Related stories: Brazil: Reports highlight role of Canadian govt. in espionage “on behalf” of Canadian mining firms operating in Brazil
- Related companies: Alcan (now Rio Tinto Alcan) Belo Sun Eldorado Gold Falconbridge (now part of Glencore) Glencore IamGold Inco (part of Companhia Vale do Rio Doce) Kinross Gold Rio Tinto Alcan (part of Rio Tinto) Teck Resources Vale Yamana Gold
Author: World Gold Council
The World Gold Council Conflict Free Gold Standard provides a mechanism by which gold producers can assess the risk that their operations may contribute to armed conflict and associated serious human rights abuses...[G]old producers who are in...
- Related stories: World Gold Council publishes updated draft of "Conflict Free Gold Standard" - deadline for comments 30 Jun
- Related companies: African Barrick Gold (now Acacia) AngloGold Ashanti Barrick Gold Centerra Gold Compañia de Minas Buenaventura Eldorado Gold Gold Fields Goldcorp (now Newmont Goldcorp) Golden Star Resources IamGold Kinross Gold New Gold Newcrest Newmont Goldcorp Yamana Gold
Eldorado Gold Corp said on Monday it was unsure whether it will be able to reopen its Kisladag mine in Turkey following a Turkish high court announcement that it could not come to a decision on an appeal of an environmental permit. The mine was shut in...