Internet et médias sociaux
Related stories and components
Facebook bans content related to white nationalism & separatism after pressure from civil rights groups
Facebook has announced that it will ban praise, support, and representation of white nationalism and separatism on Facebook and Instagram. In a blog post announcing the ban, Facebook said that conversations with academics and civil rights groups...
USA: Facebook to stop allowing discrimination in ads as part of a settlement with civil rights groups & individuals
Author: Jack Gillum & Ariana Tobin, ProPublica
"Facebook Won't Let Employers, Landlords or Lenders Discriminate in Ads Anymore," 19 March 2019...
Canadian govt. releases guidance for private sector support for human rights defenders & civic freedoms
Author: Global Affairs Canada
"CSR Snapshot #7 – Private Sector Support for Human Rights Defenders: A Primer for Canadian Businesses", 04 Mar 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Women human rights defenders
- Related companies: ABN Amro adidas Airbnb Anglo American Apple Associated British Foods Barrick Gold BMW Cisco Systems Daimler FIFA Goldcorp (now Newmont Goldcorp) Leber Jeweler Microsoft Nike Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Tahoe Resources (part of Pan American Silver) Unilever
Author: Open For Business (USA)
"Channels of Influence: How Companies Can Promote LGBT+ Inclusive Societies", Mar 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: Accenture adidas Alibaba.com Amazon.com American Express AT&T Barclays Best Buy BlackRock Brunswick Burberry Danone Deutsche Bank Diageo eBay EY (Ernst & Young) Facebook Godrej & Boyce Google (part of Alphabet) H&M Huawei Technologies IBM Inditex Infosys KPMG LinkedIn (part of Microsoft) Marriott MasterCard McKinsey Microsoft MTN Nokia PayPal (part of eBay) PricewaterhouseCoopers Safaricom Shell Standard Chartered Starbucks Tesco The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) Unilever Virgin Group Walmart Woolworths Group
Commentary: Democratic nations must get ahead of the technology curve to address emerging threats by authoritarian regimes
Author: Laura Rosenberger, OpenGlobalRights
“Failure to act: getting ahead of technological threats to democracy,” 6 March 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Technology and Human Rights Technology and Human Rights: Artificial Intelligence
- Related companies: Twitter
Author: Rossalyn Warren, The Guardian
"Hotels at centre of rape allegations promoted on TripAdvisor," 5 March 2019...