- Location: Flexible
- Rolling application
Transparentem’s analysts work with field operators to conduct investigations based on intelligence from a variety of sources. Analysts also work with Transparentem’s Executive Editor and Principals in developing detailed, fact-based reports tracing child labor, slave labor, abuse, corruption, and environmental degradation anywhere in supply chains.
The analysts gather and shape intelligence from a broad network of inputs including: public sources and pay-walled databases, shipping records, foreign media, and auditor/regulator reports, as well as documents, recordings, notes, and other information provided by field operators. They help identify when and how the unit should retain external consultants to expand its knowledge.
The unit does not publish the products of its investigations. Instead, the unit delivers the primary intelligence notes strategically to selected actors best positioned to positively impact vulnerable populations and remediate degraded environments. As such, the unit takes extraordinary measures to protect the materials, especially during collection and early delivery.
Each analyst focuses on one of the critical areas of inquiry. Transparentem is currently looking for an analyst to focus on environmental offenses. The role reports to the managing Principal.
What We’re Looking For:
This is a challenging role that requires total discretion, as well as strong investigative, analytical, and organizational skills. We are looking for individuals with:
- Experience in investigation of environmental offenses
- A proven track record in an investigative and/or analytical role
- Extraordinary attention to detail
- Comfort with ambiguity and the ability to work autonomously
- A passion for social justice and a strong sense of mission
- Unimpeachable integrity
- A quiet, disciplined approach to sensitive information and rigorous protection of vulnerable sources
- Masters degree or equivalent experience
- Experience in supply chain analysis (through shipping records, bills of lading, etc) is a definite plus
- Fluency in English required; proficiency in one or more critical languages preferred
Transparentem is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and encourage all interested candidates to apply. Please send a resume and cover letter too[email protected]
Compensation: Competitive salary and benefits package, commensurate with experience