Epson (part of Seiko)
Member of UN Global Compact
Epson website: www.epson.com
Author: Inter Empresas
“Epson recibe la clasificación EcoVadis Gold por su estrategia de Responsabilidad Social Corporativa”, 30 de diciembre de 2019...
- Related companies: Epson (part of Seiko)
Author: WEED e.V.
'Am anderen Ende der Lieferkette. Was tun IT-Herstellerfür einen verantwortungsvollen Bezug von Rohstoffen?' 20 April 2019...
Corporate Information Transparency Index (CITI) ranks 100 brands on environmental supply chain performance in China
On October 22, 2015, the Corporate Information Transparency Index (CITI) released its ranking of 100 brands on their environmental supply chain performance in China.
Author: Louella D. Desiderio, Philippine Star
Following an employment mission conducted by the SEIPI [a group of local and foreign electronics firms operating in the country]…in Ormoc City in Leyte, the group said in a statement it intends to organize another one for other areas hit by the...
- Related companies: Epson (part of Seiko)
[PDF] Configuring Labour Rights - Labour Conditions in the Production of Computer Parts in the Philippines
Author: Esther de Haan & Irene Schipper, Center for Research on Multinational Corporations (SOMO)
This report is following up on research that was done by the Workers Assistance Center (WAC) in the Philippines in 2006, which consisted of workers interviews and was published in 2007...considerable efforts have been made by management to set up...
- Related stories: Philippines: makeITfair finds continued labour abuses in computer manufacturing - calls on brands to take more action with suppliers
- Related companies: Acer Apple Asus Celestica Dell Epson (part of Seiko) Fujitsu Hitachi HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM Intel Lenovo LG Electronics (part of LG Corp.) Motorola NEC Nokia Royal Philips Electronics Samsung Seagate Technology Siemens Sony Sony Ericsson (joint venture Sony & Ericsson) Toshiba
Author: Maria Trombly, Emerging China
Foreign businesses, organizations and embassies reacted quickly after the Monday earthquake with offers of aid and support. On Wednesday, General Electric announced a US$2 million donation...GE has mobilized local field support engineers to help with...
- Related companies: Acer Advanced Micro Devices Alcoa Applied Materials Bayer BMW Bridgestone Canon Carlsberg Breweries Carrefour Daimler DaimlerChrysler (now Daimler) Dell Deutsche Post DHL (part of Deutsche Post) Dow Chemical Epson (part of Seiko) Ericsson Estée Lauder FAW Foxconn (part of Hon Hai) General Electric General Motors Hitachi Hon Hai Honda HSBC Intel Johnson & Johnson Kimberly-Clark Komatsu Konica Minolta Kraft Foods LVMH Mary Kay Matsushita (now Panasonic) Michelin Microsoft Nissan Nokia Omron PepsiCo Pfizer Procter & Gamble PSA Peugeot-Citroën Qualcomm Royal Philips Electronics Samsung Schneider Electric Scotiabank Seiko Siemens SK Corporation Sony TCL Corporation Toronto-Dominion Bank UBS Volkswagen
The Computer Recycling Programme in Hong Kong, jointly funded and organized by 20 local and international computer equipment suppliers...[recycles] desktop and notebook computers, monitors, scanners and other accessories including hard disks, mouse...
[DOC] Clean Computers Campaign: Report on Labour Rights in the Computer Industry in China [English summary translation]
Author: Students and Scholars against Corporate Misbehaviour (SACOM)
[Original report in Chinese. Title translation and following summary of the report's key points, provided by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre with authorization by SACOM.]...
- Related stories: Shenzhen, China: NGO survey of working conditions in 13 electronics factories supplying 47 brands finds abuses including child labour, discrimination, excessive overtime
- Related in-depth areas: Marital status discrimination - an introduction
- Related companies: Acer Apple ASRock Asus Bestec Power Electronics BYD Canon Compaq (part of HP) Datang Telecom Technology Dell Delta Electronics Epson (part of Seiko) Evoc Intelligent Technology Fittec International Foxconn (part of Hon Hai) Fujitsu Fujitsu Technology Solutions (part of Fujitsu) Gateway Hon Hai HP (Hewlett-Packard) Huawei Technologies IBM Konka Lenovo LG Electronics (part of LG Corp.) Matsushita (now Panasonic) Microsoft Motorola NEC Nokia Nortel Networks Panasonic Royal Philips Electronics Ruijie Networks (Part of Start Group) Samsung Seiko Sharp Siemens Sony TCL Corporation Toshiba Trigem Tsinghua Tongfang ZTE
Author: Jim Puckett, Sarah Westervelt, Richard Gutierrez & Yuka Takamiya, Basel Action Network
...[Because] of widespread usage of toxic chemicals in today's high-tech equipment...most...electronic wastes are hazardous wastes... [Much] of the growth in the information technology (IT) sector in developing countries has been fueled by the...
- Related stories: Basel Action Network reports large quantities of electronic waste exported from US & Europe to Africa - potentially toxic chemicals often dumped improperly
- Related companies: Apple Compaq (part of HP) Dell Epson (part of Seiko) Gateway HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM Intel Matsushita (now Panasonic) Panasonic Pitney Bowes Ricoh Seiko Sharp Sony Toshiba