Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Sweden
[PDF] full report: "The production of electronic components for the IT industries: Changing labour force requirements in a global economy [see in particular chapters 6 & 7]
Author: Intl. Labour Organization
[see in particular the table 7.1 on pg. 114 that indicates for the following companies whether they have a Code of Conduct, participate in Electronics Industry Code of Conduct & Global e-Sustainability Initiative, publish a social report, follow...
- Related stories: IT firms, govts. & unions agree text on working conditions at ILO meeting - text refers to intl. standards, unions say could be stronger
- Related companies: Acer Adobe Systems Apple Celestica Cisco Systems Dell Ericsson Flextronics Foxconn (part of Hon Hai) Hon Hai HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM Intel Jabil Circuit Lenovo Microsoft Motorola Nokia Quanta Computer Royal Philips Electronics Samsung Sanmina-SCI Seagate Technology Siemens Solectron Sony ST Microelectronics Toshiba Xerox
China's proposed labour law reform: concerns about US & European industry association lobbying; company responses & non-responses
Author: Compiled by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
Business & Human Rights Resource Centre invited several US & European companies to respond to concerns about the positions taken by industry associations regarding China's proposed labour law reform. [As of 27 Mar 2007: - The following...
- Related stories: China labour law reform China's proposed new labour laws meet opposition from US business (New York Times) China: Global Labor Strategies report follows up on lobbying by intl. firms & US business groups on draft labour law Response by US-China Business Council to Global Labor Strategies report that raised concerns about its opposition to aspects of China's labour law reform - & Global Labor Strategies response Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Apparel & textile China Corporate lobbying allegedly undermining union rights
- Related companies: ABB AT&T Carrefour DuPont Ericsson General Electric (GE) Google (part of Alphabet) Intel Maersk (part of A.P. Moller - Maersk) Microsoft Nike Nokia Procter & Gamble PSA Peugeot-Citroën Royal Dutch Shell (Shell) Sara Lee Tesco Total UPS Walmart Walt Disney
[scroll to pg. 3]
- Related companies: Ericsson
Welcome to StEP – an initiative of various UN organizations with the overall aim to solve the e-waste problem. Together with prominent members from industry, governments, international organizations, NGOs and the science sector actively participating...
Author: Global Labor Strategies
- "Appendix A: Voices from China" [includes comments by Chinese citizens on draft law]......
- Related stories: China: Global Labor Strategies report follows up on lobbying by intl. firms & US business groups on draft labour law
- Related companies: A.P. Moller - Maersk Group ABB AT&T Carrefour Dell DuPont Ericsson Ford General Electric Google (part of Alphabet) Intel Maersk (part of A.P. Moller - Maersk) Microsoft Nike Nokia Procter & Gamble PSA Peugeot-Citroën Shell Tesco Total UPS Walmart Walt Disney
Author: Global Labor Strategies
Corporations operating in China are claiming success in pressuring the Chinese government to weaken or abandon significant pro-worker reforms it had proposed... Now both the American Chamber of Commerce in Shanghai (AmCham) and the US-China Business...
Author: Bart Mongoven & Dan Kornfield, Stratfor
Harvard University professor John Ruggie, the U.N. special representative to the secretary-general on business and human rights, is expected to issue his final report to the U.N. Human Rights Council in March. His report will mark the culmination of...
Author: Lisa Roner, Ethical Corporation
In November, the Business Leaders Initiative on Human Rights, a business-led effort to develop a corporate approach to human rights, announced the additions of GE and Ericsson to its roster. Advisers to the group say its growing breadth and depth...