Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Sweden
Swedish and Indian Companies Explore Business Models that Include the Poor as Consumers, Producers and Suppliers
Author: Business Call to Action
Leading Swedish and Indian companies gathered in New Delhi…to share examples of how businesses have developed innovative models…[to] contribute to development outcomes, and ensure that the poor are included in economic activities as consumers,...
The major conclusions of this paper include: Only a small percentage of EU-listed companies are directly affected by Dodd Frank 1502 and are therefore required to publicly disclose their use of conflict minerals. The large majority of companies that...
- Related stories: SOMO calls for European Commission to adopt legally binding rules on conflict minerals based on an analysis of European companies' current due diligence efforts
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on conflict & peace
- Related companies: Alcatel-Lucent Arm Holdings BAE Systems Daimler Deutsche Telekom Ericsson France Telecom (now Orange) KPN Nokia Portugal Telecom Rolls-Royce plc SAP Schneider Electric Siemens Telecom Italia Telefónica TeliaSonera Valeo Vodafone
Author: Vindu Goel, New York Times
Facebook announced an effort aimed at drastically cutting the cost of delivering basic Internet services on mobile phones, particularly in developing countries, where Facebook and other tech companies need to find new users. Half a dozen of the world...
[Many] human rights impacts can be linked back to challenges related to stakeholder engagement...On 23-24 May 2013, Shift held...[a] workshop focused on...stakeholder engagement in implementation of the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human...
Author: Allen & Overy's Human Rights Working Group
[Foreword by Justice Richard Goldstone:] The Business and Human Rights Review provides an important and timely interdisciplinary forum for lawyers and members of the business community to discuss the growing relationship between corporations, both...
- Related stories: Allen & Overy publishes second issue of "Business and Human Rights Review" on implementing UN Guiding Principles Apartheid reparations lawsuits (re So. Africa) Shell lawsuit (re Nigeria - Kiobel & Wiwa) Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on UNGPs Latest news on UNWG
- Related companies: Atlas Copco Electrolux Ericsson IKEA National Australia Bank SKF
Enact developed a short movie to provide an overview of recent developments in the field of business and human rights. The movie had its premiere at one of the network meetings and was very well received. The movie has since been used in Enact’s...
Author: Cheikh Lamine Diop, Sud Quotidien (Sénégal)
Une équipe de jeunes développeurs sénégalais...a remporté le premier prix du concours « Apps for African City Life » (application pour la vie des villes africaines), organisé par...Ericsson. Dans cette compétition dédiée aux pays de l’Afrique sub...
- Related companies: Ericsson
Ericsson presentó su Reporte de Sustentabilidad y Responsabilidad Corporativa 2012 que resume el desempeño y los logros alcanzados de sus iniciativas de sustentabilidad global…El hito más destacado del periodo es la actualización del Código de Ética...
- Related stories: Ericsson actualiza código de ética conforme a los Principios Rectores de la ONU sobre empresas y derechos humanos
- Related in-depth areas: Últimas noticias
- Related companies: Ericsson