Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Sweden
From 18-19 October 2012, Shift held the second in a series of workshops with business leaders...The workshops form part of Shift’s Business Learning Program, aimed at supporting the implementation by companies of the UN Guiding Principles on Business...
Ericsson has partnered with...American actor Forest Whitaker in a new foundation with the mission to promote peace among troubled urban neighbourhoods in South Sudan, Uganda and everywhere in the world...Ericsson...said its engagement would begin by...
Author: Mark Dubowitz and Toby Dershowitz, Wall Street Journal
[T]he entire Iranian telecom and technology industry should be blacklisted and closed to foreign companies unless they can certify to the U.S. government that any sales of technology to Iran will facilitate Iranians' access to safe and open...
Author: Norges Bank Investment Management
9 companies...received top marks for reporting on social or environmental risks in 2011. More than a third of the companies in the annual evaluation by Norges Bank Investment Management (NBIM)...scored zero. “Failure to manage social and environmental...
- Related stories: PVH, H&M, Adidas, Gildan Activewear, Next & Gap receive "top marks" in child labour risk report
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on Children
- Related companies: Air France KLM Air Products Anglo American Anheuser-Busch InBev BASF Bayer BHP Billiton Constellation Energy Danone E.ON Ericsson GlaxoSmithKline Iberdrola Intel Kellogg Lafarge Linde Merck Molson Coors Motorola Mobility (part of Google) Norges Bank Investment Management (NBIM) PepsiCo Pfizer PG&E SABMiller Sanofi Walt Disney Xcel Energy Xstrata (now part of Glencore)
Human Rights First & OWNI Digital Journalism articles on surveillance technology & oppressive regimes
Author: Meg Roggensack and Betsy Walters, Human Rights First, OWNI Digital Journalism; reponses compiled by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
In November 2011, Human Rights First published a blog entitled "Excuses, excuses: Surveillance Technology and Oppressive Regimes", alleging that companies providing surveillance technology to oppressive regimes in the Middle East contribute to human...
- Related in-depth areas: Human Rights First & OWNI Digital articles on surveillance technology & oppressive regimes Information technology - allegations and responses Latest news on conflict & peace
- Related companies: Amesys (part of Bull) Area Blue Coat Bull Creativity Software Ericsson Hacking Team HP (Hewlett-Packard) NICE Nokia Nokia Siemens Networks (NSN) (joint venture Nokia and Siemens) Qosmos Siemens
Author: Michael Kan, IDG News
The U.S. Department of State said on Wednesday it is investigating Huawei Technologies for allegedly providing censorship and mobile phone tracking technology to Iran, following a request from six U.S. lawmakers. The Department of State "shares the...
Author: Trend News Agency
Huawei Technologies…a Chinese telecom giant, filled the vacuum created in Iran's government-controlled mobile-phone industry when Western companies pulled back…in 2009…Huawei recently signed a contract to install equipment for a system at Iran's...
Author: María Prandi, Juan Andrés Cano y Daniel Arenas, Escola de Cultura de Pau, Instituto de Innovación Social, Universidad de Barcelona [España]
¿Cómo coordinar mejor la colaboración de las empresas en las crisis humanitarias? ¿Cuáles son los retos y los dilemas para las empresas, los Gobiernos, las ONG y las organizaciones internacionales? ¿Dónde deben establecer las empresas los límites entre...
- Related in-depth areas: Últimas noticias sobre conflicto y paz
- Related companies: BBVA Coca-Cola Deutsche Post DHL (part of Deutsche Post) EDP (Energias de Portugal) Ericsson Google (part of Alphabet) HP (Hewlett-Packard) La Caixa Land Rover (part of Tata Group) Lendlease Project Management & Construction (formerly Bovis Lend Lease, trading as Lendlease) Microsoft Nike PWC Logistics Royal Caribbean Cruises Skype (part of Microsoft) Tata Group TNT (part of TPG) TPG UPS Vodafone
Author: Greenpeace East Asia, ChemSec, Business for Social Responsibility's China Training Institute
[T]he “Business Lecture on Hazardous Chemicals Substitution and Elimination” tries to reach out to corporations in China that…want to take efforts to avoid the use and release of the most hazardous and risky chemicals. The event will introduce...