Related stories and components
Author: Radio NZ
14 February 2018 Following his visits to Fiji, Papua New Guinea and Indonesia, the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights...highlighted a range of deep concerns in these countries...
Extraterritorial detention contracting in Australia & the UN Guiding Principles on Business & Human Rights
Author: Brynn O'Brien
"Extraterritorial Detention Contracting in Australia and the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights," 21 April 2016...
- Related stories: Business & Human Rights Journal (Volume 1, Issue 2)
- Related companies: Broadspectrum (formerly Transfield Services) Ferrovial
Papua New Guinea: UN human rights chief urges measures to hold companies accountable for the human rights impacts of their activities
Author: Office of the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights
PORT MORESBY/GENEVA (9 February 2018) – UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Zeid Ra’ad Al Hussein...called on the Government of Papua New Guinea to take firm measures to combat corruption, build good governance and strengthen the rule of law,...
USA: Immigrants file lawsuit alleging labor exploitation by CoreCivic, a firm operating a detention center
Author: San Diego Union Tribunes
“Class-action lawsuit alleges immigrants are forced to labor in detention”, 30 December 2017...
- Related stories: USA: Private prison co. CoreCivic to face lawsuits alleging use of forced labour of immigrants at detention centre
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: CoreCivic
Australia: Canstruct to contract with govt. to provide services to offshore detention centre on Nauru
Canstruct, an Australian civil engineering company, will reportedly contract with the Australian government to provide services at offshore detention facilities in Nauru. Media reports highlight the concerns raised by human rights groups that Canstruct...
Business & Human Rights Resource Centre invited Canstruct to respond to the media reports regarding Nauru; however, the company did not respond.
- Related stories: Australia: Canstruct to contract with govt. to provide services to offshore detention centre on Nauru
- This is a non response from the following companies: Canstruct