Ethical Sourcing Coordinator at Twinings
Twinings has been a major tea business since 1706 and is now an international brand with more than 200 teas sold in over 100 countries.
At Twinings Ovaltine (TwO), we aim to provide our consumers with very special, healthy and delicious drinks, and we also want to be confident that all Twinings Ovo products are ethically sourced. To do this, we work to ensure that the sites which produce our raw materials, ingredients and packaging have responsible labour and health and safety practices. We are an active participant in a number of multi stakeholder initiatives and are committed to ensuring continuous improvement in ethical sourcing along our supply chain.
The Ethical Sourcing Coordinator will support the CSR Manager and Ethical Sourcing Manager based overseas in driving ethical compliance and improvement within our tea and non-tea supply chains.
This is a fantastic opportunity to support a small CSR Team, in various aspects of the CSR world, from reviewing audit reports, to working with partner organisations, engaging with commercial functions and supporting improvements for workers on the ground, and therefore to build a unique experience in the Ethical Sourcing area.
Reporting to the CSR Manager, the role will be responsible for the following:
- Contracting out audits with third party audit company,
- Reviewing audit reports and identifying opportunities for improvements,
- Engaging with suppliers regarding corrective actions to facilitate remediation and drive ethical standards across the supply chain,
- Effective use of the Ethical database to track, analyse and report on ethical status and performance of suppliers,
- Assessing new suppliers in the approval system,
- Developing and updating SR communication and related materials for internal and external stakeholders, this includes contents for website, article for TwO newsletter and monthly induction session for new employees,
- Assist with developing training and with supply chain projects to tackle key issues in our supply chain.
- Supporting with general administrative tasks (raising Purchase order, etc.)
- Passionate about CSR, Ethical Sourcing, Social issues and/or Human Rights
- Good knowledge of international labour laws and internationally recognized standards (SA8000, ETI Base Code, SMETA, Rainforest Alliance, Fairtrade, UTZ Certified),
- Desirable experience of needs assessment, auditing and remediation approaches
- Good command of Excel,
- Good writing and presentation skills,
- Degree level in relevant discipline,
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt behaviour to different cultures,
- Ability to build relationships with existing key suppliers and buyers.
Twinings Ovo Values
Candidates need the ability to work within the TwiningsOvo success behaviours and values, which include:
Aim High - make things happen and take responsibility
- Strive to deliver results of which they can be truly proud;
- Relentlessly seek to improve ideas and plans;
- See the potential in situations; often where others do not;
- Respect intuition and experience, as well as hard data;
- Demonstrate rigour and discipline in their thinking, planning and execution;
- Always do what they say they will do.
Collaborate – do it together
- Go out of their way to help each other be successful and share information freely;
- Seek others’ inputs and challenges; openly share their own views;
- Work freely across the organisation’s hierarchy and structure;
- Work to ensure that one plus one is three or more;
- Give constructive, challenging, straightforward and timely feedback.
Look outside for inspiration and knowledge
- Learn from other business units, markets, competitors, customers and consumers;
- Look to other industries and a wide range of data sources for ideas and inspiration;
- Show active interest in other teams; are happy to take other’s ideas and build on them.
Find new ways
- Are willing to experiment; take calculated risks and challenge the status quo;
- Seek or create the best solutions; find creative ways around road blocks;
- Thrive in a changing, often ambiguous environment;
- Show agility and adaptability.
Freedom to act and scope for Growth
- Have genuine respect for the views, talents and expertise of colleagues; trust in their motivation, and believe in them to get the job done.
- Take responsibility, make things happen, and seize the initiative;
- Learn from their mistakes;
- Take responsibility for their own development, and help others grow.
Job title: Ethical Sourcing Coordinator
Contract: Full time, fixed term for 6 months
Closing date: 11 January 2016