Events Leader (2 posts) at Response Global Media
Response Global Media (RGM) is seeking an Events Leader to work in its central London office to assist with all aspects of the planning and production of its international conferences, seminars and other events for professionals in the field of sustainable finance.
Response Global Media (RGM) is a fast-growing, independent media company, which has gone from start-up to 13 people and is hiring to further grow its events business.
We operate in one of the most interesting, growing areas in economics and finance today: the impact of environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues on institutional investment by pension funds, charities, foundations, asset managers and banks.
This is an exciting time to be joining a business as it moves into a major growth phase.
The positions would suit highly motivated, well-organised, self-starter graduates with a keen interest in sustainability and a desire to be very hands-on in a company where you gain real career experience. Knowledge of events organisation is advantageous but not essential. Enthusiasm, passion and hard work are!
Other key skills: good communication and interaction with senior professionals, marketing ideas/experience, personable and collegiate, entrepreneurial spirit, languages a bonus.
RGM comprises several business lines:
• Responsible-Investor.com, the successful on-line, daily news service on ESG and sustainable finance for the world’s biggest institutional investors (banks, asset managers, pension funds, corporates): https://www.responsible-investor.com
• RI Events: sustainable finance conferences in London, New York and Tokyo.
• Multi-media platforms including webinars, RI-TV, etc
• A newly launched quarterly print magazine: ESG Magazine: https://www.responsibleinvestor.com/home/article/ri_esg/
RGM produces 5-6 conferences annually in Europe, North America and Asia, see www.responsibleinvestor.com/events and we will be doing more. The Events Leader will join a dedicated threeperson conference team working directly with RGM management and play an important role in developing our exciting conferences business.
The Events Leader will work alongside one other Events Leader (to be recruited simultaneously) with responsibilities divided between conference events. The third member of the RGM Events team is an Events Co-Ordinator who manages the administrative logistics for RI events.
Responsibilities will include (not definitive):
• Oversight of RI Events calendar and workflow
• Events programme: research, outline, liaison with senior management.
• Speakers & moderators: identification, acquisition/invitation, liaison
• Sponsors: liaison with RGM sales team and programme integration of sponsors
• Delegates: research, marketing, logistics
• Pre-conference logistics: conference marketing, promotional materials
• Oversight of mobile event apps and event social media programmes
• Event: on the day speaker liaison/management
• Post-event: reports, analysis, etc.
• 3+ years experience in an office environment
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent basic IT skills: Excel, Word, Powerpoint
• Fluent written and spoken English
• Permission to work in the
UK Salary: commensurate with experience
The position reports directly to Hugh Wheelan, Co-founder and Managing Editor, RGM.
Please send a CV and letter telling us why this job is for you, what you can bring to it and how, and some thoughts on what we should be doing to grow our events.
To: Hugh Wheelan, Co-founder, Managing Editor [email protected]
Job title: Events Leader (2 posts)
Closing date: Rolling application