5th Annual EJSF Plenary on Mandatory Due Diligence
The European Justice Stakeholders’ Forum (EJSF www.ejsf.eu ) will be holding its 5th annual EJSF plenary on Thursday 3rd December, 14h – 16h00 CET (online via WebEx):
‘A global standard for mandatory due diligence: EU leadership towards a more sustainable world’.
The Commission has recently launched its public consultation on Sustainable Corporate Governance (SCG) and Mandatory due diligence (MDD).
The focus of the plenary will be to address the legal aspects of the proposed EC Directive on SCG/MDD in the context of the EC’s broader sustainability agenda.
Event host: Prof Bernd SCHLŰTER member of the European Economic & Social Committee (EESC)
- Maija LAURILA Head of Unit, Company Law, European Commission
- Lara WOLTERS Member of the European Parliament
- Barbara BIJELIC Legal Expert, Responsible Business Conduct Centre, OECD
- Jacquelyn MACLENNAN Senior Partner, White & Case (Moderator)
- Paolo GIRO European Affairs Advisor, Nestlé
- Marie CLAERBOUT Senior Manager European Affairs, ENGIE
- Jérôme PERO Secretary General, Federation of the European Sporting Goods Industry (FESI)
- Phil BLOOMER Executive Director, Business & Human Rights Resource Centre