Headquarters in Ireland
Author: CORE, Anti-Slavery International, Unicef UK, Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
This particular briefing draws on CORE’s and BHRRC’s analysis of 83 slavery and human trafficking statements in February 2016, BHRRC’s October 2016 review of FTSE 100 company reports; and Ergon Associates’ research on company statements up to May 20...
- Related stories: 4 short briefings released for businesses & investors on reporting requirements under UK Modern Slavery Act
- Related in-depth areas: Modern Slavery Registry powered by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
- Related companies: AB InBev UK (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) ASOS British Land British Sky Broadcasting Burberry Debenhams Experian John Lewis (part of John Lewis Partnership) John Lewis Partnership Legal & General Investment Management Marks & Spencer Mothercare Nando's National Grid Nationwide Building Society Nintendo Renault Vodafone Wockhardt
Analysis shows only a handful of company statements are meeting the Act’s requirements, majority lack adequate information...
This guide is aimed at investors seeking to examine corporate tax policy and practices. Tax is increasingly under the spotlight, intensifying financial, regulatory and reputational risks in this area for companies. Where tax practices are aggressive,...
- Related stories: ActionAid launches new guide for investors on how to seek a responsible approach to corporate tax
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on tax avoidance
- Related companies: Aggreko Barclays Burberry Cairn Energy Centrica Diageo Enron Experian G4S Glencore Goldman Sachs Imperial Tobacco John Lewis Partnership KPMG Legal & General Investment Management Marks & Spencer Morrisons PricewaterhouseCoopers Rio Tinto Rolls-Royce plc SABMiller (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Schroders Smiths Group Starbucks Tyco Vodafone
UK firms to be forced to reveal where they pay tax, as we reveal one in four top names pay no corporation tax at all
Author: Alex Hawkes, Mail on Sunday [UK]
Britain is to drop its opposition to plans that will force all European companies to say what tax they pay wherever they operate. After agreement in Brussels...that Europe’s banks must reveal the taxes paid in each country, the Treasury is understood...
Author: Ethos Institute – Business and Social Responsibility
…[T]he economic rights advances made in recent years in Brazil...must be followed by equal advances in civil, social and cultural rights…which requires…action by…business and labour organizations, so that…human rights can be prioritized in the current...