Headquarters in USA
Author: John G. Ruggie & Emily K. Middleton, Harvard Kennedy School, Mossavar-Rahmani Center for Business and Government
The first part of this paper examines the rise and current state of ESG investing. The second addresses the conceptual and statistical weakness of the S domain [social performance]. The third describes how drawing on internationally recognized human...
- Related companies: Facebook
Facebook did not respond to Access Now's call for a global independent audit & human rights assessment
- Related stories: Access Now calls for global independent audit of Facebook data practices & human rights assessment
- This is a non response from the following companies: Facebook
Author: Dunja Mijatović, Commissaire aux droits de l’homme du Conseil de l’Europe
...[L'utilisation de l'IA] peut menacer plusieurs de nos droits de l’homme. Le fait que des décisions soient prises sur la base de ces systèmes, en l’absence de toute transparence, responsabilité ou garanties quant à leur conception, leur...
- Related stories: La protection des droits de l'Homme à l’ère de l’intelligence artificielle : réflexions du Conseil de l'Europe et de Microsoft
- Related in-depth areas: Technology and Human Rights: Artificial Intelligence
- Related companies: Facebook YouTube (part of Alphabet)
Vietnam: Lawmakers approve cybersecurity bill requiring tech cos. to delete posts & store users' data inside Vietnam
Author: Radio Free Asia
"Vietnam's National Assembly Approves 'Cybersecurity' Law, Further Limiting Online Debate" 12 June 2018...
Facebook says it has data-sharing partnerships with four Chinese electronics companies, which raises concern over users' privacy
"Facebook has data-sharing partnerships with at least four Chinese electronics companies, including a manufacturing giant that has a close relationship with China’s government, the social media company said on Tuesday. The agreements, which date to at...
Author: Charles Bradley & Richard Wingfield, Global Partners Digital
"A Rights-Respecting Model of Online Content Regulation by Platforms," May 2018...