Fibres & Fabrics International (FFI)
Headquarters in India
Response by Fibres & Fabrics International (FFI): AFL-CIO report "Responsibility Outsourced" raises several serious labour rights concerns including anti-union actions, harms to workers' health, harassment at audited & certified factories.
- This is a response from the following companies: Fibres & Fabrics International (FFI)
Author: compiled by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
On 23 April 2013 the American Federation of Labor and Congress of Industrial Organizations (AFL–CIO) released a report called "Responsibility Outsourced". AFL-CIO says that this report "digs underneath the façade of social auditing and certification...
- Related stories: AFL-CIO report on failures of social audits & certification at protecting workers rights - 2013
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on freedom of association
- Related companies: Apple Dole Dolefil (Dole Philippines) (part of Itochu) Fibres & Fabrics International (FFI) Foxconn (part of Hon Hai) G-Star Raw Gap Giorgio Armani Hon Hai Jones Group RI&CA RINA Walmart
Author: Svea Herbst-Bayliss, Reuters
Barclays Global Investors (BGI)...said investors' appetite for socially responsible investments is growing and it plans to develop a genocide-free ETF [exchange-traded fund]... BGI said on Thursday it would rely on a third-party index provider to help...
Author: Isolda Agazzi, InfoSud [Suisse]
Grâce à l’engagement des autorités néerlandaises, les ouvrières du fournisseur indien d’une entreprise néerlandaise recouvrent leur liberté syndicale. Des politiciens néerlandais volent au secours des ouvrières indiennes, contre les intérêt d’un...
Author: Campagne Vêtements Propres [Belgique]
L'entreprise Fibre and Fabrics International (FFI) et sa filiale JKPL ont retiré toutes leurs plaintes contre la Clean Clothes Campaign le Comité Inde des Pays Bas ainsi que contre plusieurs organisations indiennes de défense des droits des...
Author: Clean Clothes Campaign
At the beginning of 2008, Clean Clothes Campaign and India Committee of the Netherlands (CCC and ICN), and Fiber & Fabrics International along with its subsidiary Jeans Knit Private Limited (FFI/JKPL), have resolved their differences as to labour...
Indian court issues international arrest warrantsfor Dutch labour activists - NGOs, Unions outraged at attempt to imprison human rights defenders
Author: Clean Clothes Campaign
An Indian magistrate Court ruled on Saturday that international warrants will be issued for the arrest of Dutch human rights activists, report the Clean Clothes Campaign (CCC) and the India Committee of the Netherlands, two of the organizations whose...
Author: Observatory for the Protection of Human Rights Defenders
According to the information received, on September 26, 2007, the Indian VII Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate in Bangalore decided to issue arrest warrants against seven Netherlands-based human rights defenders from CCC and ICN, at the request...
- Related stories: India: Observatory for the Protection of Human Rights Defenders raises concerns over lawsuit brought by Fibers & Fabrics against Dutch labour rights NGOs
- Related companies: Fibres & Fabrics International (FFI) G-Star Raw Gap Giorgio Armani Guess Liz Claiborne (part of J.C. Penney) Mexx (part of RNF Holding)
Author: Amnesty International
Amnesty International is particularly concerned by arrest warrants issued in India against seven Netherlands-based activists of the Clean Clothes Campaign (CCC) and the India Committee of the Netherlands (ICN), on September 29...The activists have been...
- Related companies: Fibres & Fabrics International (FFI)