Headquarters in Brazil
Formed in 2009 by a merger between Aracruz Celulose and Votorantim Celulose e Papel (VCP).
KnowTheChain assessed 39 of the largest publicly listed companies in the paper and forestry and home furnishing retail sectors on their efforts to address forced labour risks in their supply chains, based on publicly disclosed information. The findings...
- Related stories: KnowTheChain: Ranking companies' efforts to address forced labour in their supply chains
- Related companies: Aaron's Inc Ahlstrom-Munksjö Oyj Aracruz Celulose (now Fibria Celulose) Bed Bath & Beyond Canfor Corporation Domtar Duratex SA Empresas CMPC Fibria Floor & Decor Holdings Inc Holmen Home Depot Home Product Center Public Company Limited Howden Joinery Group Plc International Paper Kingfisher Lee and Man Paper Manufacturing Limited Louisiana-Pacific Lowe's Metsä Fibre Oy (formerly Metsä-Botnia) Mondi (part of Anglo American) Nine Dragons Paper Nippon Paper Industries Co Ltd Nitori Holdings Co Ltd Norbord Inc Oji Paper Sappi Shandong Chenming Paper Holdings Ltd Siam Global House Public Company Limited Stella-Jones Inc Stora Enso Suzano Papel e Celulose The Navigator Company SA UPM Via Varejo SA West Fraser Timber Co Ltd WestRock Weyerhaeuser Williams Sonoma
Brazil: Repórter Brasil's report "Timber Industry: Modern Slavery and the British Market"is launched; it includes comments from Ipex and Madeireira Ideal, Fibria/Suzano, Bonardi and Tradelink
“Timber Industry: Modern Slavery and the British Market”, March 2019...
- Related stories: Brasil-Reino Unido: Trabalho forçado, devida diligência e resultados de pesquisa sobre cadeias de fornecimento de carne bovina e madeira, incluindo respostas a questionário enviado a empresas Brazil-UK: Forced labour, due diligence & beef and timber supply chains research results, includes outreach to companies
- Related companies: Bonardi da Amazônia Fibria Suzano Papel e Celulose Tradelink
Brazil-UK: Forced labour, due diligence & beef and timber supply chains research results, includes outreach to companies
[To read this story in Portuguese, click here] The University of Nottingham, BRICS Policy Centre, Business & Human Rights Resource Centre, Reporter Brasil and Core Coalition, with the support of the British Academy, have conducted a research on th...
[PDF] Global Capital, Local Concessions: A Data-Driven Examination of Land Tenure Risk and Industrial Concessions in Emerging Market Economies
Author: Rights and Resources Initiative
Using geospatial data from 12 emerging market economies (EMEs), this analysis attempts to guide investors in emerging markets by shedding light on a difficult problem: overlapping land claims that diminish the value and viability of industrial...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on Pacific Business & Human Rights
- Related companies: Aracruz Celulose (now Fibria Celulose) Barrick Gold Fibria Glencore Hochschild Mining Indophil Resources McGraw Hill Rio Tinto Sagittarius Mines Inc (SMI) Standard & Poor's (part of S&P Global) Stora Enso Talisman Xstrata (part of Glencore)
Author: Rikard Warlenius, EJOLT (Environmenal Justice Organisations, Liabilities and Trade)
…The plantation…extends for kilometres in both directions…[F]amilies belonging to the landless people’s movement, Movimiento Sem Terra (MST), occupied the area…The landowner – the joint venture Veracel owned by the giant forestry companies Aracruz and...
[DOC] Better Access to Remedy in Company-Community Conflicts in the field of CSR: A Model for Company-Based Grievance Mechanisms
Author: Cristina Cedillo, Institute for Environmental Security
The present research will contribute to the current literature on CSR and will propose a model for company-based mechanisms that can aspire to solving disputes in non-judicial, anticipated and CSR-conscious way. Hence, the mechanism should be designed...