FirstEnergy website: www.firstenergycorp.com
USA: Corporate Equality Index scores record number of companies full marks for having inclusive policies for LGBT workers
Author: Tax Justice Network
The corporate income tax is one of the most precious of all taxes. Yet it is under attack...As this document explains, it holds your country's whole tax system together. It is one of the best ways to tax capital, and it can powerfully curb.....
- Related stories: New report by Tax Justice Network stresses importance of corporate income tax to finance essential public services
- Related companies: American Electric Power Apache Atmos Energy Boeing CenterPoint Energy CMS Energy Corning Duke Energy FirstEnergy General Electric Google (part of Alphabet) Integrys Energy Group Interpublic Group NiSource Northeast Utilities Paccar PepsiCo PG&E PricewaterhouseCoopers Ryder SABMiller (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Tenet Healthcare Verizon
Author: Mike Scott, Forbes.com (USA)
ExxonMobil...has agreed to tell investors of the risks to its business from climate change after pressure from investors...Arjuna Capital and...As You Sow... ExxonMobil says it will assess the risks to its resources, how its profits will be affected by...
Shareholders File Resolutions to Press Fossil Fuel Companies on Low-Carbon Strategies, Carbon Asset Risk
On the heels of the Investor Summit on Climate Risk at the United Nations, a half-dozen investors...announced the filing of shareholder resolutions with 10 fossil fuel companies, including Exxon Mobil, Chevron, Southern Company, Hess, Anadarko, Devon,...
[PDF] Corporate Equality Index 2012; Rating American Workplaces on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Equality
Author: Human Rights Campaign Foundation
...[T]he Corporate Equality Index [CEI] represents [how] corporate America...prioritize[s] the protection, recruitment and retention of LGBT [Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender] employees...[S]uccessful U.S. businesses have proven...that LGBT...
- Related stories: USA: Report of Human Rights Campaign Foundation rates over 300 companies on their lesbian, gay, bisexual & transgender policies
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News Latest news on conflict & peace
- Related companies: 3M Abbott Laboratories Abercrombie & Fitch Accenture Acer Adecco Group Adobe Systems Advance Auto Parts Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) Aegon AES Aetna Affiliated Computer Services AFLAC Agco Agilent Technologies Ahold Delhaize Air Products Alaska Air Alcatel-Lucent (part of Nokia) Alcoa Allegheny Energy Allergan Alliant Energy Alliant Techsystems (ATK) Allstate Alston & Bird Altria American Airlines (AMR) American Eagle Outfitters American Electric Power American Express American International Group (AIG) Amerigroup Ameriprise Financial AmerisourceBergen Amgen Anadarko (now part of Occidental Petroleum) Anheuser-Busch (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Aon Apache Apple Applied Materials Aramark Archer Daniels Midland (ADM) Arent Fox Arizona Public Service Company (part of Pinnacle West Capital) Arnold & Porter Arrow Electronics ArvinMeritor Ashland Global Specialty Chemicals Assurant AstraZeneca AT&T Atmos Energy Auto-Owners Insurance Autoliv AutoNation AutoZone Avaya Avery Dennison Avnet Avon Bain & Company Baker & McKenzie Baker Hughes Baldor Electric (now ABB Motors and Mechanical Inc.) Ball Corp. Bank of America Barclays Barnes & Noble BASF Bausch & Lomb Baxter International Bayer BBVA BD (Becton, Dickinson) Bed Bath & Beyond Berkshire Hathaway Best Buy Big Lots BJ's Wholesale Club BlackRock Blockbuster BNP Paribas Boehringer Ingelheim Boeing Booz Allen Hamilton Boston Scientific BP Breach Banking & Trust (BB&T) Bridgestone Bright Horizons Bristol-Myers Squibb Burger King Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railway (BNSF) Cablevision Caleres (formerly Brown Shoe) Calpine Cameron International Campbell Soup Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) Capgemini Capital One Cargill Carlson CarMax Casino Caterpillar CBS Celanese CenterPoint Energy Cerner Charles Schwab Charter Communications Chesapeake Energy Chevron Choice Hotels Chrysler (part of Fiat Chrysler) CHS Chubb Group CIGNA Cisco Systems CIT Citigroup Clifford Chance Clorox CMS Energy CNA Coca-Cola Coca-Cola Enterprises Colgate-Palmolive Comcast Comerica Commercial Metals Community Health Systems Compass Group Computer Sciences (CSC) Con Edison ConAgra ConocoPhillips Consol Energy Constellation Energy Corning Costco Covington & Burling Cox Enterprises Credit Suisse Crown Holdings CSX Cummins Dana Danaher Darden Restaurants DaVita Dean Foods Delhaize Dell Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu DelSur (part of PPL Corporation) Delta Air Lines Deutsche Bank Devon Energy Diageo Dillard's DirecTV Dole Dollar General Dominion Resources Domino's Pizza Domtar Dorsey & Whitney Dover Dow Chemical Dr Pepper Snapple Group DTE Energy Duke Energy DuPont Eastman Chemical Eastman Kodak Eaton Ecolab Edison International El Paso Energy Electronic Arts Eli Lilly EMC Emcor Group Emerson Electric Energy Future Holdings Energy Transfer Partners Entergy EOG Resources Erie Insurance Group Estée Lauder Exelon Expedia Express Scripts ExxonMobil EY (Ernst & Young) Faegre & Benson Family Dollar Fannie Mae FedEx Fenwick & West Fifth Third Bank First American First Data (part of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) First Horizon FirstEnergy Fiserv Fluor FMC Foot Locker Ford Fortune Brands Franklin Templeton (Franklin Resources) Freddie Mac Freeport-McMoRan Freescale Semiconductor Frontier Oil GameStop Gannett Gap Genentech General Dynamics General Electric (GE) General Mills General Motors Genuine Parts Genworth Financial Genzyme Gilead Sciences GlaxoSmithKline Global Partners Goldman Sachs Goodrich Goodyear Google (part of Alphabet) Graybar Electric Group 1 Automotive Guardian Life Insurance H&R Block Halliburton Hallmark Cards Hanesbrands Hanover Insurance Harley-Davidson Hartford Financial Services Hasbro HCA Health Care Service Health Net Heinz (now Kraft Heinz) Henry Schein Herman Miller Hershey Hertz Hess Corporation Hilton Holland & Knight Holly Corporation Home Depot Honeywell Hormel Hospira Host Hotels & Resorts Howrey LLP HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC Humana Hunton & Williams Huntsman Hyatt IBM Illinois Tool Works Ingram Micro Integrys Energy Group Intel InterContinental Hotels International Paper Interpublic Group Intuit ITT Industries J.C. Penney Jabil Circuit Jacobs Jarden Jenner & Block JetBlue Airways John Deere (Deere & Co) John Hancock Financial Services (part of Manulife Financial) Johnson & Johnson Johnson Controls Jones Group JPMorgan Chase Kaiser Permanente KB Home KBR Kellogg Kelly Services Kenneth Cole Kimberly-Clark Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants Kinder Morgan Inc. Kohl's KPMG Kraft Foods (now Kraft Heinz) Kroger L.L.Bean Land O'Lakes Lear Levi Strauss Lexmark Liberty Global Liberty Mutual Limited Brands Lincoln National Littler Mendelson Liz Claiborne (part of J.C. Penney) Lockheed Martin Loews Macy's ManpowerGroup Marathon Oil Marriott Mars Marsh & McLennan Masco MasterCard Mattel McAfee (part of Intel) McDermott Will & Emery McDonald's McKesson McKinsey MeadWestvaco Medtronic Meijer Merck Metlife Micron Microsoft Mirant (part of NRG Energy) Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams Mohawk Industries Monsanto (part of Bayer) Moody's Morgan Stanley Morgan, Lewis & Bockius Morrison & Foerster Motorola Solutions Murphy Oil Mylan Laboratories Nash Finch National Grid National Oilwell Varco Nationwide Mutual Insurance NCR New York Life New York Times Newell Rubbermaid Newmont (formerly Newmont Goldcorp) News Corporation Nike NiSource Nissan Nixon Peabody Nokia Nordstrom Norfolk Southern Nortel Networks Northeast Utilities Northern Trust Northrop Grumman Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance NRG Energy Nucor NYSE Euronext Occidental Petroleum Office Depot Office Depot Inc. (previously OfficeMax) Omnicare Omnicom ONEOK Oracle Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe Oshkosh Owens & Minor Owens Corning Owens-Illinois Paccar Pacificorp (part of Berkshire Hathaway) Pantry Parker Hannifin Peabody Energy Pearson Penske Automotive PepsiCo PetSmart Pfizer PG&E Philip Morris USA (part of Altria) Pilgrim's (part of JBS) Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman Pitney Bowes Plains All American Pipeline PNC Financial Services PNM Resources Polaroid Polo Ralph Lauren PPG Praxair PricewaterhouseCoopers Principal Financial Procter & Gamble Progress Energy (part of Duke Energy) Progressive Insurance Prudential Financial Public Service Enterprise Group Publicis Qualcomm Quest Diagnostics R.R. Donnelley & Sons RadioShack Raytheon Replacements Ltd. Reynolds American Rite Aid Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi Ross Stores Royal Caribbean Cruises Ryder Ryland (now CalAtlantic Group) Safeway USA (part of Albertsons) Sallie Mae Sanmina-SCI Sanofi Sara Lee Seagate Technology Sealed Air Sempra Energy Severn Trent Shaw Group Shell Sherwin-Williams Smithfield Foods Smurfit-Stone Sodexo Sony Southern California Edison (part of Edison International) Southern Company Southwest Airlines Sprint Staples Starbucks Starcom MediaVest (part of Publicis) Starwood Hotels State Street Steelcase Sullivan & Cromwell Sun Life Financial Sunoco (part of Energy Transfer Partners) SunTrust Banks Supervalu Symantec Sysco T-Mobile (part of Deutsche Telekom) Target Tech Data Tenet Healthcare Terex Tesoro Texas Instruments Textron Thomson Reuters Tiffany Time Warner TJX Toronto-Dominion Bank Toyota Travelers Tutor Perini Tyson UBS UGI Utilities Unilever Union Pacific Unisys United States Steel United Technologies UnitedHealth Group UPS URS US Airways US Bancorp Valero Energy Verizon VF Corp Viacom Virgin America Virgin Media Visa Inc. Visteon Volkswagen Walgreen Walmart Walt Disney Waste Management Weil, Gotshal & Manges Wellpoint Wells Fargo Western Union Weyerhaeuser Whirlpool Whole Foods Market (part of Amazon) Williams Companies Wilson, Sonsini, Goodrich & Rosati Winn-Dixie WPP Wyeth (part of Pfizer) Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Xcel Energy Xerox XTO Energy (part of ExxonMobil) YUM!
Author: Deborah Yedlin, Calgary Herald [Canada]
What's clear is that the world of corporate philanthropy is anything but static. The latest shift is that companies are moving beyond being all things to all not-for-profits, to meaningfully supporting a smaller number of organizations...Jocelyn Daw,...
- Related companies: FirstEnergy
Ohio, Pennsylvania and Florida Lead List of "Toxic 20" States with Most Toxic Air Pollution from Power Plants [USA]
Author: Natural Resources Defense Council [USA]
Residents of Ohio, Pennsylvania and Florida live in states with the most toxic air pollution from coal- and oil-fired power plants, according to an analysis by the Natural Resources Defense Council. The study used publicly-available data in the...
- Related stories: USA: Natural Resources Defense Council releases list of states with most toxic air pollution from coal-, oil-fired power plants
- Related companies: AES Alliant Energy Ameren American Electric Power Berkshire Hathaway CMS Energy Constellation Energy DPL DTE Energy Duke Energy Dynegy Edison International Energy Future Holdings Exelon FirstEnergy GDF Suez (now Engie) Great Plains Energy Integrys Energy Group MidAmerican Energy (part of Berkshire Hathaway) NiSource NRG Energy PPL Progress Energy (part of Duke Energy) Public Service Enterprise Group Southern Company TECO Energy Xcel Energy
Author: CNBC, Reuters & AP
Several major U.S. companies came to Haiti's aid on Wednesday, announcing plans to donate money and supplies following Tuesday's devastating…earthquake…Coca-Cola said it pledged a grant of $1 million to the American Red Cross, and it will also provide...
- Related stories: Haiti: US companies including Coca Cola, Wal-Mart, Procter & Gamble, UPS, General Motors pledge humanitarian aid to earthquake victims
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories Air Products Alcoa Alticor Altria American Airlines American Express Amgen Amway (part of Alticor) AstraZeneca Avon Bank of America Bank of Montreal Baxter International BD (Becton, Dickinson) Bertelsmann BP Bristol-Myers Squibb Burger King Campbell Soup Canon Cargill Carnival Caterpillar Chiquita Chubb Group CIGNA Cisco Systems Citigroup Coca-Cola Comcast ConAgra ConocoPhillips Credit Suisse Delhaize Dell Deutsche Bank Diageo Digicel Dow Chemical DuPont E.ON Eaton Eli Lilly EnCana FedEx Fifth Third Bank First Data (part of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) FirstEnergy FPL Group General Electric General Mills General Motors GlaxoSmithKline Go Daddy Goldman Sachs Hanesbrands Heinz (now Kraft Heinz) Hess Corporation Hormel HP (Hewlett-Packard) Humana IBM Intel International Paper ITT Industries JetBlue Airways John Deere Johnson & Johnson Kaiser Permanente Kellogg Kimberly-Clark KPMG Kraft Foods (now Kraft Heinz) Limited Brands Lowe's LVMH MasterCard Mattel McDonald's McKesson Merck Microsoft Moody's Morgan Stanley Motorola National Bank of Canada National Grid New York Life News Corporation Northrop Grumman Office Depot Oshkosh B'Gosh Panasonic Penguin Random House Pentair Pfizer Procter & Gamble Publix Reynolds American Rite Aid Ross Stores Royal Bank of Canada Royal Caribbean Cruises SCA Scotiabank Sempra Energy Shell Southern Company Staples Starbucks Symantec Target Tenet Healthcare Tesco TJX Toronto-Dominion Bank Toyota Toys R Us UBS Unilever United Airlines (part of United Continental) United Technologies UPS US Bancorp Verizon Visa Inc. Walgreen Walmart Wells Fargo Western Union