India: Traders' body accuses Amazon & Flipkart of violating foreign direct investment policies, through 'predatory pricing' and 'deep discounting'
Author: The Economic Times
"CAIT alleges violation of FDI policy by Flipkart, Amazon; companies reject", 11 October 2019...
India: Consulting & IT firms took the leap before Maternity Benefit Amendment Bill 2016 passed in Council of States
Ministry of labour is taking initiaves to support women workforce in both the government and private sector. The union government is set to increase the maternity leave for women employed in private firms from the existing 12 weeks to 26 weeks. Women...
Author: Amrita Mukherjee, Asia Times
In a landmark bill passed on March 9 in the Lok Sabha, lower house of the Indian Parliament, maternity leave for women in the organized sector has been increased from 12 weeks to 26...Although even before the bill was passed companies such as Airtel...
- Related stories: India: Consulting & IT firms took the leap before Maternity Benefit Amendment Bill 2016 passed in Council of States
- Related companies: Bharti Airtel Flipkart Microsoft
Author: Jayadevan PK, Economic Times
After defending their stance to join Airtel's net neutrality violating Airtel Zero, Flipkart finally did the right thing. They walked away from the discussion to be part of the platform...there have been intense debates at the ecommerce company. On one...
- Related stories: India: Demand for net neutrality roils, campaign reaches crescendo
- Related in-depth areas: Technology and Human Rights Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: Bharti Airtel Flipkart