Member of UN Global Compact
New business coalition, "Building Responsibly", forms to protect workers' rights in construction industry
Six major engineering and construction companies have formed a new industry-led coalition called "Building Responsibly" aimed at protecting workers' rights and welfare in global construction supply chains. In our December 2016 report, BHRRC...
USA: Corporate Equality Index scores record number of companies full marks for having inclusive policies for LGBT workers
Press release: Just Capital and Forbes release inaugural "Just 100 List" ranking companies performing best on American public's priorities
Author: Just Capital and Forbes
JUST Capital and Forbes today released the inaugural “JUST 100 List,” which ranks the publicly traded companies in America that perform best on the priorities of the American public. This is the first-ever annual ranking of how America’s top companies...
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
[Business & Human Rights Resource Centre case profile for lawsuit against 20 banks and corporations regarding reparations for alleged complicity of the defendants in abuses committed by the South African Apartheid regime.]
- Related stories: US federal court dismisses apartheid claims against Daimler & Rheinmetall; court declines to dismiss claims against Ford & IBM
- Related companies: Al Jazeera Anglo American Bank of America Barclays BP Caltex Chevron Citigroup Coca-Cola Colgate-Palmolive Commerzbank Crédit Agricole Crédit Lyonnais (part of Crédit Agricole) Credit Suisse Daimler DaimlerChrysler (now Daimler) De Beers Deutsche Bank Dow Chemical Dresdner Bank (part of Allianz) DuPont ExxonMobil Fluor Ford Fujitsu GE (see General Electric) General Motors Holcim Honeywell HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM Isuzu JPMorgan Chase NatWest (part of Royal Bank of Scotland) Nestlé Novartis Rheinmetall Rio Tinto Royal Bank of Scotland Schindler Shell Standard Chartered Total UBS Unisys Volkswagen Xerox
Author: Engineering News [So. Africa]
To improve the overall health, safety and welfare within the local construction industry, a group of construction-related companies will launch a nonprofit organisation called BuildSafe South Africa (BSA), later this week. The organisation’s founding...
The World's Most Ethical (WME) Companies designation recognizes companies that truly go beyond making statements about doing business "ethically" and translate those words into action. WME honorees not only promote ethical business standards and...
- Related companies: Accenture Adobe Systems AFLAC Alcoa Alyeska Pipeline American Express Applied Materials Aramark BD (Becton, Dickinson) Becton, Dickinson (see BD) Best Buy Blue Cross British Land Carnival Cisco Systems Co-operative Group Colgate-Palmolive Costco CRH (Cement Roadstone Holdings) Cummins Deere & Co (see John Deere) Eaton eBay Ecolab Electrolux EnCana Fluor Ford Freescale Semiconductor Gap GE (see General Electric) General Electric Hartford Financial Services Hasbro Henkel Henry Schein Hitachi Holland America Line (part of Carnival) Honeywell Intel International Paper John Deere Johnson Controls Juniper Networks Kao Kellogg Kesko Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants L'Oreal ManpowerGroup Marks & Spencer Marriott Microsoft Millea Milliken National Australia Bank National Grid Natura Nippon Yusen KK (see NYK Line) NiSource NYK Line NYSE Euronext OfficeMax Parsons Patagonia Paychex PepsiCo Portugal Telecom Progressive Insurance Rabobank Ricoh Royal Philips Electronics Safeway (USA) Salesforce.com SCA Schneider Electric Seabourn Cruise Line (part of Carnival) Sempra Energy Singapore Telecommunications SingTel (see Singapore Telecommunications) Sompo Japan Sonae Standard Chartered Starbucks Statoil Stonyfield Farm Stora Enso Swiss Re Symantec Target Tata Group Tata Iron and Steel (TISCO) (part of Tata Group) Tata Steel (see Tata Iron and Steel) Texas Instruments Thomson Reuters Timberland (part of VF Corp) Time Warner Tokio Marine & Nichido (part of Millea) Umicore UPS Vestas Wind Systems VF Corp Waste Management Westpac Weyerhaeuser Whole Foods Market Wipro Xerox
[PDF] Corporate Equality Index 2012; Rating American Workplaces on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Equality
Author: Human Rights Campaign Foundation
...[T]he Corporate Equality Index [CEI] represents [how] corporate America...prioritize[s] the protection, recruitment and retention of LGBT [Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender] employees...[S]uccessful U.S. businesses have proven...that LGBT...
- Related stories: USA: Report of Human Rights Campaign Foundation rates over 300 companies on their lesbian, gay, bisexual & transgender policies
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News Latest news on conflict & peace
- Related companies: 3M Abbott Laboratories Abercrombie & Fitch Accenture Acer Adecco Adobe Systems Advance Auto Parts Advanced Micro Devices Aegon AES Aetna Affiliated Computer Services AFLAC Agco Agilent Technologies Ahold AIG Air Products Alaska Air Alcatel-Lucent Alcoa Allegheny Energy Allergan Alliant Energy Alliant Techsystems Allstate Alston & Bird Altria American Airlines American Eagle Outfitters American Electric Power American Express Amerigroup Ameriprise Financial AmerisourceBergen Amgen Anadarko Anheuser-Busch (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Aon Apache Apple Applied Materials Aramark Archer Daniels Midland Arent Fox Arizona Public Service Company (part of Pinnacle West Capital) Arnold & Porter Arrow Electronics ArvinMeritor Ashland Assurant AstraZeneca AT&T Atmos Energy Auto-Owners Insurance Autoliv AutoNation AutoZone Avaya Avery Dennison Avnet Avon Bain & Company Baker & McKenzie Baker Hughes Baldor Electric Ball Corp. Bank of America Barclays Barnes & Noble BASF Bausch & Lomb Baxter International Bayer BB&T BBVA BD (Becton, Dickinson) Bed Bath & Beyond Berkshire Hathaway Best Buy Big Lots BJ's Wholesale Club BlackRock Blockbuster BNP Paribas Boehringer Ingelheim Boeing Booz Allen Hamilton Boston Scientific BP Bridgestone Bright Horizons Bristol-Myers Squibb Brown Shoe Burger King Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railway (BNSF) Cablevision Calpine Cameron International Campbell Soup Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) Capgemini Capital One Cargill Carlson CarMax Casino Caterpillar CBS Celanese CenterPoint Energy Cerner Charles Schwab Charter Communications Chesapeake Energy Chevron Choice Hotels Chrysler CHS Chubb Group CIGNA Cisco Systems CIT Citigroup Clifford Chance Clorox CMS Energy CNA Coca-Cola Coca-Cola Enterprises Colgate-Palmolive Comcast Comerica Commercial Metals Community Health Systems Compass Group Computer Sciences (CSC) Con Edison ConAgra ConocoPhillips Consol Energy Constellation Energy Corning Costco Covington & Burling Cox Enterprises Credit Suisse Crown Holdings CSX Cummins Dana Danaher Darden Restaurants DaVita Dean Foods Delhaize Dell Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu DelSur (part of PPL Corporation) Delta Air Lines Deutsche Bank Devon Energy Diageo Dillard's DirecTV Dole Dollar General Dominion Resources Domino's Pizza Domtar Dorsey & Whitney Dover Dow Chemical Dr Pepper Snapple Group DTE Energy Duke Energy DuPont Eastman Chemical Company Eastman Kodak Eaton Ecolab Edison International El Paso Energy Electronic Arts Eli Lilly EMC Emcor Group Emerson Electric Energy Future Holdings Energy Transfer Partners Entergy EOG Resources Erie Insurance Group Ernst & Young Estée Lauder Exelon Expedia Express Scripts ExxonMobil Faegre & Benson Family Dollar Fannie Mae FedEx Fenwick & West Fifth Third Bank First American First Data (part of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) First Horizon FirstEnergy Fiserv Fluor FMC Foot Locker Ford Fortune Brands Franklin Templeton Freddie Mac Freeport-McMoRan Freescale Semiconductor Frontier Oil GameStop Gannett Gap Genentech General Dynamics General Electric General Mills General Motors Genuine Parts Genworth Financial Genzyme Gilead Sciences GlaxoSmithKline Global Partners Goldman Sachs Goodrich Goodyear Google Graybar Electric Group 1 Automotive Guardian Life Insurance H&R Block H. J. Heinz (see Heinz) Halliburton Hallmark Cards Hanesbrands Hanover Insurance Harley-Davidson Hartford Financial Services Hasbro HCA Health Care Service Health Net Henry Schein Herman Miller Hershey Hertz Hess Corporation Hilton Holland & Knight Holly Corporation Home Depot Honeywell Hormel Hospira Host Hotels & Resorts Howrey LLP HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC Humana Hunton & Williams Huntsman Hyatt IBM Illinois Tool Works Ingram Micro Integrys Energy Group Intel InterContinental Hotels International Paper Interpublic Group Intuit ITT Industries J.C. Penney Jabil Circuit Jacobs Engineering Jarden Jenner & Block JetBlue Airways John Deere John Hancock Financial Services (part of Manulife Financial) Johnson & Johnson Johnson Controls Jones Group JPMorgan Chase Kaiser Permanente KB Home KBR Kellogg's Kelly Services Kenneth Cole Kimberly-Clark Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants Kinder Morgan Inc. Kohl's KPMG Kraft Foods Kroger L.L.Bean Land O'Lakes Lear Levi Strauss Lexmark Liberty Global Liberty Mutual Limited Brands Lincoln National Littler Mendelson Liz Claiborne Lockheed Martin Loews Macy's ManpowerGroup Marathon Oil Marriott Mars Marsh & McLennan Masco MasterCard Mattel McAfee (part of Intel) McDermott Will & Emery McDonald's McKesson McKinsey MeadWestvaco Medtronic Meijer Merck Metlife Micron Microsoft Mirant Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams Mohawk Industries Monsanto Moody's Morgan Stanley Morgan, Lewis & Bockius Morrison & Foerster Motorola Solutions Murphy Oil Mylan Laboratories Nash Finch National Grid National Oilwell Varco Nationwide Mutual Insurance NCR New York Life New York Times Newell Rubbermaid Newmont News Corporation Nike NiSource Nissan Nixon Peabody Nokia Nordstrom Norfolk Southern Nortel Networks Northeast Utilities Northern Trust Northrop Grumman Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance NRG Energy Nucor NYSE Euronext Occidental Petroleum Office Depot OfficeMax Omnicare Omnicom ONEOK Oracle Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe Oshkosh Owens & Minor Owens Corning Owens-Illinois Paccar Pacificorp (part of Berkshire Hathaway) Pantry Parker Hannifin Peabody Energy Pearson Penske Automotive PepsiCo PetSmart Pfizer PG&E Philip Morris USA (part of Altria) Pilgrim's (part of JBS) Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman Pitney Bowes Plains All American Pipeline PNC Financial Services PNM Resources Polaroid Polo Ralph Lauren PPG Praxair PricewaterhouseCoopers Principal Financial Procter & Gamble Progress Energy Progressive Insurance Prudential Financial Public Service Enterprise Group Publicis Qualcomm Quest Diagnostics R.R. Donnelley & Sons RadioShack Raytheon Replacements Ltd. Reynolds American Rite Aid Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi Ross Stores Royal Caribbean Cruises Ryder Ryland Safeway (USA) Sallie Mae Sanmina-SCI Sanofi-Aventis Sara Lee Seagate Technology Sealed Air Sempra Energy Severn Trent Shaw Group Shell Sherwin-Williams Smithfield Foods Smurfit-Stone Sodexo Sony Southern California Edison (part of Edison International) Southern Company Southwest Airlines Sprint Nextel Staples Starbucks Starcom MediaVest (part of Publicis) Starwood Hotels State Street Steelcase Sullivan & Cromwell Sun Life Financial Sunoco SunTrust Banks Supervalu Symantec Sysco T-Mobile (part of Deutsche Telekom) Target Tech Data Tenet Healthcare Terex Tesoro Texas Instruments Textron Thomson Reuters Tiffany Time Warner TJX Toronto-Dominion Bank Toyota Travelers Tutor Perini Tyson UBS UGI Utilities Unilever Union Pacific Unisys United States Steel United Technologies UnitedHealth Group UPS URS US Airways US Bancorp Valero Energy Verizon VF Corp Viacom Virgin America Virgin Media Visa International Visteon Volkswagen Walgreen Walmart Walt Disney Waste Management Weil, Gotshal & Manges Wellpoint Wells Fargo Western Union Weyerhaeuser Whirlpool Whole Foods Market Williams Companies Wilson, Sonsini, Goodrich & Rosati Winn-Dixie WPP Wyeth (part of Pfizer) Wyndham Xcel Energy Xerox XTO Energy (part of ExxonMobil) YUM!
Author: Sarah Stillman, The New Yorker
Two women from Fiji…were recruited by a local firm called Meridian Services Agency, which promised them jobs in Dubai. Once they reached Dubai…they were told that they were actually bound for jobs on U.S. military bases in Iraq…[They] were unwitting...
The World’s Most Ethical Companies designation recognizes companies that truly go beyond making statements about doing business “ethically” and translate those words into action. WME honorees demonstrate real and sustained ethical leadership within...
- Related stories: Ethisphere Institute publishes list of "World's Most Ethical Companies" 2011
- Related companies: Accenture adidas Adobe Systems AFLAC American Express Avaya BD (Becton, Dickinson) Best Buy British Land Caterpillar Cisco Systems Co-operative Group Colgate-Palmolive CRH (Cement Roadstone Holdings) Cummins Denso East Japan Railway Eaton eBay Ecolab Electrolux EnCana Fluor Ford Freescale Semiconductor Gap General Electric General Mills H&M Hartford Financial Services HDFC Henkel Hitachi International Paper John Deere Johnson Controls Kao Kesko Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants ManpowerGroup Marriott Microsoft Milliken National Australia Bank NYK Line NYSE Euronext Parsons Patagonia PepsiCo Rabobank Ricoh Royal Philips Electronics Salesforce.com Schneider Electric Singapore Telecommunications Sompo Japan Sonae Starbucks Statoil Stonyfield Farm Stora Enso Swiss Re Symantec T-Mobile (part of Deutsche Telekom) Target Texas Instruments Thomson Reuters Timberland Umicore UPS Vestas Wind Systems Waste Management Westpac Whole Foods Market Wyndham Xerox