Member of UN Global Compact
Author: Béatrice Héraud, Novethic (France) (copyright: www.novethic.fr)
« Pour JP Morgan, Amazon ou Apple, le but de l'entreprise n'est plus seulement de servir l'actionnaire »...
- Related companies: 3M A.O. Smith Corporation Abbott Laboratories Accenture Access Industries ADP AECOM AES AFLAC AK Steel Allergan Alliant Energy Altec Amazon.com American Airlines American Electric Power American Express American Tower Ameriprise Financial Anthem Aon Apple Aramark Assurant AT&T Ball Corp. Bank of America Baxter International Bayer Bechtel Best Buy BlackRock BNY Mellon Boeing BorgWarner BP Bristol-Myers Squibb C.V. Starr & Co. Carlyle Group Caterpillar CBRE Group CF Industries Chevron Chubb Group CIGNA Cisco Systems Citigroup CNH Industrial Coca-Cola Cognizant Comcast ConocoPhillips Corning Cummins CVS Day & Zimmermann Dell Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Dow Chemical Duke Energy DXC Technology Eastman Chemical Eaton Edison International ExxonMobil EY (Ernst & Young) FedEx FIS Flex Fluor Ford Fox Entertainment (part of News Corporation) Freeport-McMoRan General Dynamics General Motors Goldman Sachs Guardian Life Insurance
Nearly 200 CEOs say their companies are committed to delivering value to all stakeholders, not just shareholders
On August 19, 2019, the Business Roundtable (BRT), a lobbying group composed of leading CEOs in the US, released an updated Statement on the Purpose of a Corporation. This statement expresses a fundamental commitment to all stakeholders, including...
Building Responsibly...has developed a set of Worker Welfare Principles that establish a common, global baseline for the treatment of workers in the engineering and construction industry. [They] were developed in consultation with a diverse set of...
- Related stories: Coalition of construction & engineering companies, "Building Responsibly", advances agenda to protect workers' rights in the industry
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news & responses: Outreach to construction firms in Qatar and the UAE
- Related companies: Bechtel Fluor Jacobs Multiplex Vinci
Author: Mustafa Qadri, Institute for Human Rights and Business, Equidem; Nikhil Eapen, Equidem
"Responsible Recruitment: Addressing Gaps in Protections for Migrant Workers", June 2018...
Coalition of construction & engineering companies, "Building Responsibly", advances agenda to protect workers' rights in the industry
In February 2017, six major engineering and construction companies - Bechtel, CH2M (now Jacobs), Flour, Multiplex, Vinci and Wood - formed an industry-led coalition called "Building Responsibly" aimed at promoting workers' rights and welfare. In June...
USA: Corporate Equality Index scores record number of companies full marks for having inclusive policies for LGBT workers
Press release: Just Capital and Forbes release inaugural "Just 100 List" ranking companies performing best on American public's priorities
Author: Just Capital and Forbes
JUST Capital and Forbes today released the inaugural “JUST 100 List,” which ranks the publicly traded companies in America that perform best on the priorities of the American public. This is the first-ever annual ranking of how America’s top companies...
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
[Business & Human Rights Resource Centre case profile for lawsuit against 20 banks and corporations regarding reparations for alleged complicity of the defendants in abuses committed by the South African Apartheid regime.]
- Related stories: US federal court dismisses apartheid claims against Daimler & Rheinmetall; court declines to dismiss claims against Ford & IBM
- Related companies: Al Jazeera Anglo American Bank of America Barclays BP Caltex Chevron Citigroup Coca-Cola Colgate-Palmolive Commerzbank Crédit Agricole Crédit Lyonnais (part of Crédit Agricole) Credit Suisse Daimler DaimlerChrysler (now Daimler) De Beers Deutsche Bank Dow Chemical Dresdner Bank (part of Allianz) DuPont ExxonMobil Fluor Ford Fujitsu GE (see General Electric) General Motors Holcim Honeywell HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM Isuzu JPMorgan Chase NatWest (part of Royal Bank of Scotland) Nestlé Novartis Rheinmetall Rio Tinto Royal Bank of Scotland Schindler Shell Standard Chartered Total UBS Unisys Volkswagen Xerox
Author: Engineering News [So. Africa]
To improve the overall health, safety and welfare within the local construction industry, a group of construction-related companies will launch a nonprofit organisation called BuildSafe South Africa (BSA), later this week. The organisation’s founding...