Headquarters in USA
A third of pesticide sales by 5 largest companies allegedly contain 'highly hazardous' chemicals, analysis finds; includes company comments
According to new research by Public Eye and Unearthed, over a third of the pesticide sales made by the world's five largest pesticide companies - Bayer, BASF, Syngenta, FMC and Corteva - contain chemicals that are highly toxic to human health or the...
Author: Amanda Romero (Centro de Información sobre Empresas y Derechos Humanos), José Aylwin y Marcel Didier (Observatorio Ciudadano, Chile)
“Globalización de las empresas de energía renovable: Extracción de litio y derechos de los pueblos indígenas en Argentina, Bolivia y Chile (“Triángulo del Litio”)” – Diciembre de 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Renewable energy & human rights Últimas noticias sobre recursos naturales
- Related companies: Albemarle FMC Galaxy Resources Ganfeng Lithium Jujuy Energía y Minería Sociedad del Estado (JEMSE) Lithium Americas (part of Ganfeng Lithium & Bangchak Co. Public) Livent (formerly part of FMC) Minera Exar SA (joint venture of Jemse, Lithium Americas & Ganfeng Lithium) Orocobre Pluspetrol Rockwood Lithium (part of Albemarle) Sales de Jujuy Sociedad Química y Minera de Chile (SQM) TBEA YLB (Yacimientos de Litio Bolivianos)
South America: NGOs analyse indigenous peoples’ demands on access to water in fragile salt lakes in lithium production areas; Albemarle proposes a network to monitor water scarcity in Chile
A report analysing the demands by indigenous peoples affected by a growing demand of lithium extracted at three salt lakes in Argentina, Bolivia and Chile highlights the increasing concerns about responsible use of water by companies in that South...
Author: Han Chen, NRDC
The Industrial Energy Consumers of America sent a letter to Trump on May 15, expressing their support for withdrawal from Paris. In their letter, they claimed to represent large member companies with over $1 trillion in annual sales.... [yet] many of...
- Related stories: Members of US business org IECA disagree with its stance against Paris Agreement
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories Air Products Archer Daniels Midland Ash Grove Cement Bristol-Myers Squibb Celanese Cliffs Natural Resources Corning Domtar FMC Formosa Plastics Gerdau Guardian Industries Incitec Pivot John Deere LafargeHolcim Linde Group Marathon Oil Molson Coors National Gypsum Owens-Illinois United States Steel
Negative effects of lithium mining on indigenous communities in Chile & Argentina exposed by Washington Post investigation; includes company statements
Author: Todd C. Frankel & Peter Whoriskey, Washington Post
“Tossed aside in the ‘white gold’ rush: Indigenous people are left poor as tech world takes lithium from under their feet”, 19 December 2016...
- Related stories: Tracking human rights violations & environmental impacts in lithium batteries supply chains in China, DRC & So. America
- Related companies: Amazon.com Apple FMC General Motors LG Chem LG Electronics (part of LG Corp.) Panasonic Samsung Sociedad Química y Minera de Chile (SQM) Tesla Motors Toyota
Tracking human rights violations & environmental impacts in lithium batteries supply chains in China, DRC & So. America
This series of stories in the Washington Post found that the manufacture of lithium-ion batteries - the power source for smartphones, laptops and electric cars - is linked to human rights abuses and environmental pollution in cobalt mines in Congo,...
USA: Corporate Equality Index scores record number of companies full marks for having inclusive policies for LGBT workers