Headquarters in Netherlands
Global Witness report details continued rise in lethal attacks against land & environmental defenders on the frontline of the climate crisis
212 murdered land and environmental defenders recorded in 2019, making it deadliest year on record for people defending against climate-destructive industries Agribusiness and oil, gas and mining found to be the biggest industrial drivers of conflict ...
Honduras: Attacks in country surge, four years after defender Berta Cáceres was killed for protecting ancestral land from hydroelectric dam project
Author: Global Witness
"Four years since Berta Cáceres’ assassination, Honduran defenders face greater danger than ever", 02 Mar 2020...
- Related stories: Honduras: 1 year since Berta Cáceres’ murder – selected materials Honduras: Seven men given prison sentences in the case of the murder of Berta Cáceres
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Desarrollos Energéticos (DESA) Finnfund FMO
Author: FMO (Germany)
"FMO invests in Acumen Resilient Agriculture Fund (ARAF) to support the provision of climate resilience solutions to smallholder farmers in East and West Africa.", 7 January 2020...
- Related companies: FMO
Author: Luciana Téllez Chávez, Human Rights Watch
« Des banques de développement réagissent aux abus perpétrés dans les plantations d'huile de palme en RD Congo », 17 décembre 2019...
- Related stories: Democratic Republic of Congo: HRW report alleges European development banks are failing to protect Feronia workers on palm oil plantations RDC: Selon un rapport, des banques européennes financent une entreprise d’huile de palme qui viole les droits de ses travailleurs et pollue l'environnement
- Related companies: Belgian Investment Company for Developing countries (BIO) DEG (part of KfW) Feronia FMO KfW
Democratic Republic of Congo: HRW report alleges European development banks are failing to protect Feronia workers on palm oil plantations
A new report by Human Rights Watch entitled "A Dirty Investment" alleges workers on Feronia-owned palm oil plantations in the Democratic Republic of Congo have been exposed to hazardous pesticides, which causes health problems, and suffer abusive...
Dutch development bank FMO allegedly finances projects where land grabbing & other abuses occur; bank denies allegations
Author: Erik van Zwam, Trouw
[Note: This is an unofficial summary translation of the original Dutch article.]...
- Related companies: FMO