- "Combating forced labour: A handbook for employers and business"
- Author and date: ILO, 2008
- "Forced Labour" (on Human Rights & Business Dilemmas Forum)
- Author: UN Global Compact, Maplecroft
- [PDF] "Guidance note on forced labour"
- Author and date: Better Work (ILO, IFC), 2009
- "Working with business"
- Anti-slavery International
- [PDF] "Right not to be subjected to slavery, servitude or forced labour – suggested practical actions" - see pg. 20 in Human Rights Translated
- Author and date: Castan Centre for Human Rights Law, International Business Leaders Forum, and Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights, 2008
Related stories and components
Foundation for Human Rights in Eritrea sues EU for funding road construction despite alleged use of forced labour in such projects
Author: Nikolaj Nielsen, EU Observer
"EU sued for funding 'forced labour' Eritrea highway"...
Author: Leigh Day
‘Malawi tobacco farmers in landmark legal fight against British American Tobacco’ 31 October 2019...
- Related stories: Malawi: Lawyers announce lawsuit demanding British American Tobacco compensate families working under poverty wages on tobacco fields; Company comments included
- Related in-depth areas: Child labour Forced labour Latest Legal News
- Related companies: British American Tobacco
Author: Thando Maeko, Mail & Guardian (South Africa)
‘Hawks bust another ‘horror’ factory’ 29 November 2019...
Zimbabwe: Rough diamonds from the Marange diamond fields get detention order by U.S. customs and border protection
Rough diamonds from the Marange Diamond Fields have been hit by the detention orders issues by the U.S customs and boarder protection (CPB). The U.S. CBP issued five Withhold Release Orders (WROs) covering five different products, imported from five...
Eritrea: Human rights activists allege EU-financed road project uses forced labour; EU denies allegation
"EU denies claim of funding Eritrea 'forced labour' project", 2 April 2019....
Businesses join initiative to address forced labour in fruit & wine producing countries in south Africa
Author: Stronger Together (UK)
"Prominent businesses join programme to address forced labour in the fruit and wine producing countries in South Africa"...