Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in USA
Author: Al Jazeera
"'Not sustainable': Ford says Mexico's virus curbs hurt US plants", 9th July 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Government & business response
- Related companies: Ford
Facebook CEO agrees to meet with organizers of massive Facebook advertising boycott over hate-speech, supported by multinationals
Author: Sheila Dang & Katie Paul (Reuters) in Business Insider
"Mark Zuckerberg has agreed to meet with the civil rights groups that sparked a massive Facebook advertising boycott", 01 Jul 2020...
- Related stories: Hundreds of companies pause advertising on Facebook as part of civil society campaign to stop spread of hate & discrimination on the platform
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: Coca-Cola Facebook Ford Instagram (part of Facebook) Starbucks Twitter Verizon
More than 1,000 companies pause advertising on Facebook as part of civil society campaign to stop spread of hate & discrimination on the platform
On June 17, 2020 the Stop Hate for Profit campaign asked companies to act against hate and disinformation being spread by Facebook by temporarily pausing advertising on Facebook and Instagram. The campaign includes ADL, Color of Change, Common Sense,...
Companies step up to address global shortages of medical equipment and supplies in response to COVID-19
Author: Marguerite Ward, Business Insider (USA)
Tesla, Apple, and Ford are stepping up to address global shortages of ventilators, hand sanitizer, face masks, and gowns. Here's a running list of companies helping out, 27 March 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Government & business response
- Related companies: 3M Apple Brandon Maxwell Brooks Brothers Christian Siriano Dyson Ford General Electric (GE) General Motors Inditex LVMH Moët Hennessy – Louis Vuitton Pernod Ricard Prada Prudential Financial Tesla Motors Unilever Ventec Life Systems Virgin Group Zara (part of Inditex)
Author: Expansión (México)
“Ford y GM dejan atrás la producción de autos para fabricar ventiladores”, 30 de marzo de 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Brote de COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Brote de COVID-19 (Coronavirus): respuesta gubernamental y de las empresas
- Related companies: Ford General Motors
Jaguar Land Rover follows other major European & US car-makers, suspending UK operations amid COVID-19 concerns
Author: Financial Times
"Jaguar Land Rover to suspend operations at all UK plants", 19 March 2020...
Author: World Benchmarking Alliance
The Automotive Benchmark measures and ranks the world’s leading auto manufacturers. Will they meet the below 2°C warming limit goal set by the Paris Agreement? Are they doing what’s necessary to move to a low carbon economy?...
- Related stories: Latest news on COP25 climate discussions
- Related in-depth areas: Mitigation Responsible public policy
- Related companies: BMW Daimler Dongfeng Motor FAW Fiat Chrysler Ford Geely General Motors Honda Hyundai Motor (part of Hyundai Kia Motor) Mazda Mitsubishi Group Nissan PSA Peugeot-Citroën Renault Shanghai Automotive Industry Corporation (SAIC) Suzuki Tata Motors (part of Tata Group) Tesla Motors Toyota Volkswagen