Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in USA
Author: Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility (ICCR)
Members of the Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility (ICCR), a coalition of faith and values investors...announced [on 9 August 2017] breakthroughs with five companies they have been engaging to promote ethical labor recruitment policies...
NGOs urge Disney, Gap, Pepsi to stop US Chamber of Commerce participation given conflict with climate promises
A group of nearly 60 organizations are calling on Disney, Gap, and Pepsi to stop funding the US Chamber of Commerce, due to its position on climate change and public criticism of the Paris Agreement. In his speech announcing the decision to withdraw...
Author: Senators Sheldon Whitehouse and Elizabeth Warren
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce...wields the largest lobbying force on Capitol Hill...The biggest benefit the Chamber offers is to let companies say one thing and do another. For example, Pepsi has committed to fighting climate change by reducing...
Mexico: Wages in auto sector have stagnated because of contracts that give workers no input on pay, says Bloomberg
Author: David Welch & Nacha Cattan, Bloomberg
“How Mexico’s unions sell out autoworkers”, 5 May 17...
Corporate Legal Accountability Annual Briefing - Corporate impunity is common & remedy for victims is rare
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
This year’s Annual Briefing highlights the rising impunity of companies’ involvement in human rights abuse...Unscrupulous companies are increasingly targeting activists, using the justice system to hold them accountable, with repression and lawsuits. ...
- Related stories: New briefing on legal accountability: Corporate impunity is common & remedy for victims is rare
- Related in-depth areas: Corporate Legal Accountability Annual Briefings Latest Legal News
- Related companies: adidas Arcelor Mittal Cerrejón Coal (joint venture Anglo American, BHP Billiton, Glencore) Chiquita ConocoPhillips DJ Houghton Dow Chemical Drummond Eternit (Switzerland) ExxonMobil Ford Kappes, Cassiday & Associates KiK Lafarge (part of LafargeHolcim) LafargeHolcim Lahmeyer Mineral Commodities (MRC) Natural Fruit Nestlé Nevsun RWE Shell Socfin Tiffany Titan Cement Trafigura Beheer Union Carbide (part of Dow) Villaggio Mall Vinci
Author: Amigos de la Tierra América Latina y el Caribe
“Informe: Estado del agua en América Latina y el Caribe”- 1 de diciembre de 2016...
- Related in-depth areas: Últimas noticias sobre recursos naturales
- This is a response from the following companies: Anheuser-Busch InBev Aracruz Celulose (now Fibria Celulose) Brookfield Carrefour Coca-Cola Emgesa (parte de Enel) EPM (Empresas Públicas de Medellín) Ford Grupo Agbar Isagen (part of Brookfield) Itaú Unibanco Mercedes-Benz (part of Daimler) Metro Group Nestlé SABMiller (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Suez Telefónica Veolia (formerly Vivendi Environnement) Volkswagen
Author: Jena McGregor, The Washington Post (USA)
“The Cost Of Silence: Why More CEOs Are Speaking Out In The Trump Era”, 21 Feb 2017 ...
Author: Anthony P. Ewing, Logos Consulting Group (USA)
“Business and Human Rights: Lessons for Managing the Trump Presidency”, 13 February 2017...