Headquarters in Sweden
Forsta AP-Fonden website
Swedish pension fund cuts Vale from portfolio after Council on Ethics recommended exclusion following dam collapse
Author: Rachel Fixsen and Nick Reeve, Investment & Pensions Europe
Swedish state pension buffer fund AP1 has begun selling SEK407m (€38.6m) worth of equities and bonds of Brazilian mining company Vale, after the AP Funds’ Council on Ethics recommended the exclusion the company from the AP funds’ portfolios....
- Related stories: Brazil: At least 58 dead & hundreds missing after Vale tailings dam breaks, fresh warnings of a second dam failure
- Related in-depth areas: Brazil: Vale tailings dam bursts in Brumadinho
- Related companies: BHP Billiton Forsta AP-Fonden Vale
Business & Human Rights Resource Centre invited the company to respond to the allegations in the report. It did not send a response.
- Related stories: Philippines: Report alleges 'opaque investments' in coal projects that are causing environmental & social harms; some companies respond
- This is a non response from the following companies: Forsta AP-Fonden
Philippines: Report alleges 'opaque investments' in coal projects that are causing environmental & social harms; some investors respond
The report, "Broken Promises: The World Bank, International Investors and the Fight for Climate Justice in the Philippines," raises serious allegations concerning various companies' support of coal power plan projects in the Philippines through 'opaqu...