Fortunoff website: www.fortunoff.com
Author: Haider Rizvi, OneWorld.net
Human rights activists are planning to launch another major international campaign against De Beers, after receiving word that [it] is once again operating in an area of Botswana from which local people have been evicted...Survival [International] and...
Author: No Dirty Gold
...11 jewelry retailers are announcing their support for the No Dirty Gold campaign's Golden Rules criteria for more socially and environmentally responsible mining, bringing the total number of jewelry retailers supporting the Golden Rules up to 19.....
- Related stories: No Dirty Gold campaign recognises commitment to social & environmental rules by 19 jewellery sellers including Birks & Mayors, QVC, Tiffany, Wal-Mart, Zale - Target pressured to join
- Related companies: AngloGold Ashanti Berkshire Hathaway BHP Billiton Brilliant Earth Cartier (part of Richemont) Commemorative Brands (part of American Achievement) De Beers Fortunoff Fred Meyer Jewelers (part of Kroger) Helzberg Diamonds (part of Berkshire Hathaway) Kay Jewelers (part of Signet) Kroger Liberty Media Piaget (part of Richemont) QVC (part of Liberty Media) Richemont Signet Sterling (part of Signet) Target Tiffany Van Cleef & Arpels (part of Richemont) Walmart Zale (part of Signet)
Eight of the World’s Leading Jewelry Retailers Urge Mining Industry To Clean Up 'Dirty' Gold - No Dirty Gold campaign applauds jewelry industry leaders on Valentine’s Day
Author: Oxfam America
For the first time ever, eight of the world’s top jewelry retailers have pledged to move away from “dirty” gold sales and are calling on mining corporations to ensure that gold is produced in more socially and environmentally responsible ways. The...
- Related in-depth areas: Supply chain/"Fair trade" - an introduction
- Related companies: Berkshire Hathaway Cartier (part of Richemont) Fortunoff Fred Meyer Jewelers (part of Kroger) Helzberg Diamonds (part of Berkshire Hathaway) J.C. Penney Jostens Kay Jewelers (part of Signet) Kmart (part of Sears) Kroger Liberty Media Piaget (part of Richemont) QVC (part of Liberty Media) Richemont Rolex Sears Signet Sterling (part of Signet) Van Cleef & Arpels (part of Richemont) Walmart Whitehall Jewellers
Author: Oxfam America
...No Dirty Gold campaign took out the first in a series of ads...in national publications...[that] call on jewelry firms, and other businesses that use gold, to insist the gold they buy—and sell—is produced in ways that do not harm communities,...
Author: Global Witness
Major United States...and international retailers selling diamond jewellery are falling short on their promises to combat the trade in conflict diamonds...Out of 30 companies, 25 have failed to respond to Global Witness in writing about their policies...
- Related stories: New Global Witness report says diamond retailers falling short on conflict diamond pledge
- Related companies: Aber Diamond Bloomingdales (part of Macy's) Bulgari Cartier (part of Richemont) Federated Department Stores (now Macy's) Fortunoff Harry Winston (part of Aber Diamond) Macy's Richemont Saks Fifth Avenue (part of Hudson's Bay) Tiffany Van Cleef & Arpels (part of Richemont) Whitehall Jewellers