Related stories and components
New report outlines how business can help achieve SDG 16 and build just, peaceful & strong institutions
Author: Sustainable Development Goals Fund
New Report Outlines How Business Can Help Achieve SDG 16, and Build Just, Peaceful and Strong Institutions - November 3, 2017 ...
Swedish energy firm Vattenfall conducts “first” analysis of human rights risks of sourcing from Colombia
“New report on human rights risks in Colombia” – 07 November 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Latest news on natural resources Mitigation Positive company initiatives
- Related companies: Anglo American BHP Billiton Cerrejón Coal (joint venture Anglo American, BHP Billiton, Glencore) Colombia Natural Resources, CNR (part of Murray Energy) Drummond Glencore Prodeco (part of Glencore) Vattenfall
Author: Business Wire
"DONG Energy Plans to Change Company Name to Ørsted", 2 October 2017...
Boston Common Asset Management & investor coalition call on world's largest banks to release more robust climate-related disclosure
Author: Lauren Compere, Huffington Post
"Making climate change banks' business", 19 September 2017...
Author: Nestle & International Cocoa Initiative
"Nestle Cocoa Plan: Tackling Child Labour, 2017 report," September 2017...
More than 300 companies commit to science based emission reduction targets to align operations with Paris Agreement goals
More than 300 companies, including 15 from the apparel sector, have committed to the Science Based Targets initiative that have set emission reduction targets consistent with global efforts to limit warming to well below 2 degrees Celsius.
Global firms use carbon pricing to reduce emissions, analyze investments, and evaluate risk & opportunities of low-carbon economy
An internal carbon price is increasingly being used by companies across sectors and geographies to translate the risks and opportunities of a low-carbon economy into business decisions. Approximately 1,200 businesses from around the world are either...
Author: Matthew Renda, Courthouse News Services
"With Government Silent, Corporations Price Emissions to Help Fight Climate Change", 13 September 2017...
- Related stories: Global firms use carbon pricing to reduce emissions, analyze investments, and evaluate risk & opportunities of low-carbon economy
- Related in-depth areas: Mitigation Positive company initiatives
- Related companies: BHP Billiton BP Disney (see Walt Disney) General Motors Microsoft Rio Tinto Shell Unilever
Mars Inc. is investing $1 billion in a new initiative to further cut greenhouse gas emissions across its supply chain, reduce poverty in the production of its crops and make new commitments to scientific research.