Related stories and components
Author: AngloGold Ashanti
“Let’s See Together How We Respect Human Rights” – June 2018...
Author: Hannah Fernandez, Eco-Business
American ice cream maker Ben & Jerry’s has partnered with climate activism group 350.org Australia to launch a campaign to freeze fossil fuels investments, by encouraging Australians to lobby their local governing bodies to ensure that none of its...
USA: Companies pull advertisements from Fox News television host Laura Ingraham's program after she insulted Parkland school shooting survivor
Author: Kevin Breuninger, CNBC
"Advertisers - including TripAdvisor, Nestle, Wayfair and Hulu - are dumping Laura Ingraham after she slammed Parkland survivor," 29 March 2018...
UN Working Group on Business & Human Rights convenes multi-stakeholder consultation on corporate human rights due diligence in practice
Author: UN Working Group on business & human rights
The UN Working Group on Business and Human Rights, which is mandated by the Human Rights Council to promote worldwide dissemination and implementation of the Guiding Principles, has decided to focus its 2018 report to the UN General Assembly on...
Author: Niraj Chokshi, The New York Times
YouTube said this week that it would... ban videos that promote either the construction or sale of firearms and their accessories... “While we’ve long prohibited the sale of firearms, we recently notified creators of updates we will be making around...
- Related stories: USA: More than one dozen companies cut ties with National Rifle Association after 17 people killed in Florida high school shooting
- Related in-depth areas: Positive company initiatives Technology and human rights - advances by business
- Related companies: Alphabet YouTube (part of Alphabet)
Author: Kathrin Werner, Süddeutsche Zeitung
"Firmenchefs sind die neuen Wächter der Werte", 27 Februar 2018...
- Related stories: USA: Firmen distanzieren sich von der Waffenlobby nach Schießerei an Schule in Florida, bei der 17 Menschen starben
- Related in-depth areas: Positive company initiatives
- Related companies: Apple BlackRock Delta Air Lines eBay Hertz PayPal (part of eBay) United Airlines (part of United Continental) United Continental
USA: More than one dozen companies cut ties with National Rifle Association after 17 people killed in Florida high school shooting
On 14 February 2018, Nikolas Cruz, a former student at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, killed 17 people with a legally purchased AR-15 rifle, according to authorities. Following the mass shooting, people have pressured...