Headquarters in USA
Supporter of Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
[refers to countries including Indonesia, Canada, Malaysia, Mexico, Kenya, Nigeria, Colombia, Chile, Honduras, Venezuela, Brazil, USA; refers to companies including Tanjung Lingga, London Sumatra, TVI, Rio Tinto, Daishowa Logging, RAPP, April, UPM...
Author: Oxford Analytica, prepared for the International Business Leaders Forum and TimeFORTUNE as part of the monthly changing corporate roles and responsibilities series
[refers to ExxonMobil, Caltex, Freeport-McMoRan]
Author: New Internationalist
Oil giant British Petroleum’s glossy, eco-friendly advertising campaign says the company has gone ‘beyond petroleum’. In resource-rich West Papua, the company seems to be living up to its claim by helping to fund an emerging government. Can it be...
- Related stories: New Internationalist article about BP in West Papua
- Related companies: BP Freeport-McMoRan
Report of the Workshop on Indigenous Peoples, Private Sector Natural Resource, Energy and Mining Companies and Human Rights
Author: Mr. Wilton Littlechild (Chairperson-Rapporteur), document for U.N. Sub-Commission on the Promotion and Protection of Human Rights
Geneva, 5-7 December 2001 - Chairperson-Rapporteur: Mr. Wilton Littlechild [includes reference to Freeport-McMoRan in West Papua, BHP in Papua New Guinea]
- Related companies: Freeport-McMoRan
Development Aggression: Observations on Human Rights Conditions in the PT Freeport Indonesia Contract of Work Areas With Recommendations [West Papua, Indonesia]
Author: Abigail Abrash, consultant for the Robert F. Kennedy Memorial Center for Human Rights
This paper is a presentation of observations, conclusions, and recommendations regarding human rights conditions in the PT Freeport Indonesia [majority owned and controlled by US-based mining company Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc] Contract of...
Author: AP & Reuters, in Taipei Times
Indonesian forces exchanged fire with gunmen yesterday and killed a suspected rebel, a day after two American schoolteachers and an Indonesian were shot dead near a huge copper and gold mine run by a US corporation...Regional armed forces chief Major...
- Related stories: Indonesia engages gunmen after three are killed in Papua
- Related companies: Freeport Indonesia (part of Freeport-McMoRan) Freeport-McMoRan
Author: Oxfam Community Aid Abroad
[includes reference to Benguet Corp., Alcan, Norsk Hydro, Indal, Rio Tinto, Kennecott, Placer Dome, Misima Mining Ltd., PT Freeport Indonesia, PT KEM, Aurora Gold, Newmont, PT IMK]
- Related stories: full report: "Tunnel Vision: Women, Mining and Communities"
- Related companies: Alcan (now Rio Tinto Alcan) Benguet Freeport Indonesia (part of Freeport-McMoRan) Freeport-McMoRan Indal (Indian Aluminium, part of Aditya Birla Group) Kennecott Minerals (part of Rio Tinto) Newmont Norsk Hydro (now part of Statoil) Placer Dome (part of Barrick Gold) Rio Tinto