Member of UN Global Compact
36 German companies launch initiative to promote integration of refugees into society & labour market
"'We-together' German industry integration initiative", 10 Feb 2016...
- Related stories: How are companies responding to the refugee crisis in Europe?
- Related companies: adidas Airbus (part of EADS) Bosch Deutsche Bank Deutsche Post Deutsche Telekom EADS (European Aeronautic Defence and Space) Freudenberg Henkel Hugo Boss Lufthansa RWE Siemens SolarWorld Telefónica ThyssenKrupp TUI Travel Voith Volkswagen
Author: Michael Fichter (Global Labour University of Germany) & Dimitris Stevis (Colorado State University), Friedrich Ebert Stiftung
Global Union Federations have made significant progress in advancing Global Framework Agreements that create arenas for labor relations based on the Core Labor Standards of the...ILO. These Agreements...are a means of setting minimum standards and...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on freedom of association USA
- Related companies: Accor Adecco Arcelor Mittal BMW Bosch Daimler Danone EADS (European Aeronautic Defence and Space) FCC Ferrovial Freudenberg G4S GEA Group H&M Hochtief IKEA Impregilo ISS Italcementi Kelly Services Lafarge Leoni ManpowerGroup Mercedes-Benz (part of Daimler) Prym Randstad Rheinmetall Rhodia SCA Securitas Siemens Skanska SKF Sodexo Statoil VolkerWessels
[PDF] What's Needed: An Overview of Multi-Stakeholder and Industry Activities to Achieve Conflict-Free Minerals
Author: Responsible Sourcing Network
[Refers to Advanced Micro Devices (ADM), AIM Metals & Alloys, Alpha, American Mitsuba, AngloGold Ashanti, Apple, Asahi Pretec, AT&T, AVX, Banro, Best Buy, Boeing, BorgWarner, Cartier (part of Richemont), Chrysler, Cisco, Dell, Deloitte, Delphi...
- Related stories: Report finds information & communication industry makes progress eliminating conflict minerals from supply chain while other industries remain behind
- Related companies: Advanced Micro Devices Alpha Natural Resources AngloGold Ashanti Apple AT&T AVX Banro Best Buy BlackBerry Boeing BorgWarner Bosch Cartier (part of Richemont) Chrysler Cisco Systems Dell Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Delphi Denso Dollar General Flextronics Foxconn (part of Hon Hai) Freeport-McMoRan Freudenberg Gécamines General Electric General Motors Google Home Depot Hon Hai Honda HP (Hewlett-Packard) Hunan Nonferrous Metals Group Intel J.C. Penney Kemet Lockheed Martin Lowe's Malaysia Smelting Medtronic Metalor Motorola Mobility (part of Google) Motorola Solutions Nissan Nokia Panasonic PricewaterhouseCoopers Richemont Royal Philips Electronics Sandvik Sears Signet Sony Target Tata Group Tenke Fungurume (joint venture Freeport-McMoRan, Lundin, Gécamines) Tiffany Toshiba Toyota Traxys ULBA Verizon Visteon Volkswagen Walgreen Walmart Walt Disney Yazaki
Author: Ida Karlsson, IPS
A company that is a member of the U.N. Global Compact...has ties to production in an Israeli settlement [Barkan Industrial Zone] on the West Bank considered illegal by the [UN]. A spokeperson for...Vileda [part of Freudenberg Group], an international...
Author: Observatoire sur la Responsibilite Societale des Entreprises (ORSE)
[Full list of companies with international framework agreements, with links to full text of most of them]: Quebecor, VolkerWessels, France Telecom, National Australia Bank, Staedler, Euradius, Nampak, Royal Bam, Securitas, PSA Peugeot Citroen,...
- Related stories: 59 Intl. Framework Agreements between companies & unions - survey & recommendations by ORSE
- Related companies: Accor AngloGold Ashanti Arcelor (now ArcelorMittal) Arcelor Mittal Ballast Nedam BMW Bosch Carrefour Chiquita Club Med DaimlerChrysler (now Daimler) Danone EADS (European Aeronautic Defence and Space) EDF Endesa (part of Enel) Eni Euradius Faber-Castell Falck Fonterra France Telecom (now Orange) Freudenberg GEA Group H&M Hochtief IKEA Impregilo ISS Lafarge Leoni Lukoil Merloni Elettrodomestici Metro Group National Australia Bank Norske Skog OTE Portugal Telecom Prym PSA Peugeot-Citroën Quebecor RAG Rheinmetall Rhodia Royal BAM SCA Securitas Skanska SKF Stabilo Staedler Statoil Telefónica Veidekke VolkerWessels Volkswagen
[PDF] The Operation of Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) in a World of Corporate and Other Codes of Conduct
Author: Jane Nelson, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government
[With chapters on "The Growing Role & Importance of NGOs"; "NGOs & the Extractive Sector"; "NGO Accountability; "Strategies for Co-operative NGO-business engagment"] [Refers to Chevron, Coca-Cola, General Motors, Lafarge, Rhodia, EDF, SCA, Eni...
- Related companies: Alcoa Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Barrick Gold BHP Billiton Chevron Coca-Cola EDF Endesa (part of Enel) Eni Falconbridge (now part of Glencore Xstrata) Freeport-McMoRan Freudenberg General Motors Lafarge Mitsubishi Group Newmont Nippon Mining Nippon Mining & Metals (part of Nippon Mining) Noranda (part of Falconbridge) Norske Skog Placer Dome (part of Barrick Gold) Rhodia Rio Tinto SCA Sumitomo Group Umicore WMC Resources Xstrata (part of Glencore Xstrata)
Author: Sandy Smith, Occupational Hazards [USA]
The 16 diverse companies named by Occupational Hazards as the 2004 America's Safest Companies share dedication to safe work, healthy workers...The 2004 America's Safest Companies are Anheuser-Busch, Bell Helicopter [part of Textron], DeFabCo, DSM...
- Related companies: Anheuser-Busch (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Bell Helicopter (part of Textron) DeFabCo DSM Energy Northwest Ford, Bacon & Davis Freudenberg Freudenberg-NOK (joint venture Freudenberg & NOK) Inland Printing L'Oreal Milliken Monsanto NOK Rohm & Haas (part of Dow Chemical) Smithfield Foods Smurfit-Stone Texas Instruments Textron Washington Group