Headquarters in Netherlands
Corporate Information Transparency Index (CITI) ranks 100 brands on environmental supply chain performance in China
On October 22, 2015, the Corporate Information Transparency Index (CITI) released its ranking of 100 brands on their environmental supply chain performance in China.
Author: Béatrice Héraud, Novethic (France) (copyright: www.novethic.fr)
« Drame du Rana Plaza : deux ans plus tard, où en est-on ? », 24 avril 2015...
Woolworths Australia, GEBRA, Wünsche Group of Germany, became the latest brands to sign the Accord, which aims to make the garment industry safe and sustainable for years to come...The signatory brands have committed to making the changes garment...
- Related stories: ILO and Bangladesh Govt. launch major 3.5-year initiative to improve working conditions and safety in garment factories
- Related companies: Abercrombie & Fitch ABIL (see African Bank Investments Limited) Aldi Nord Aldi Süd American Eagle Outfitters Arcadia Group Auchan Benetton Bestseller C&A Camaïeu (part of Cinven) Carrefour Debenhams El Corte Inglés Esprit G-Star H&M Helly Hansen Hess Corporation Horizonte (part of VDL Group) John Lewis (part of John Lewis Partnership) John Lewis Partnership KarstadtQuelle KiK Kmart (part of Sears) Leclerc Lidl Loblaw Companies Mango Marks & Spencer Matalan Metro Group Mothercare Sean John Clothing Sears Switcher Target Tchibo Tesco Uniqlo (part of Fast Retailing)
Response by G-Star: AFL-CIO report "Responsibility Outsourced" raises several serious labour rights concerns including anti-union actions, harms to workers' health, harassment at audited & certified factories
- Related in-depth areas: AFL-CIO report on failures of social audits & certification at protecting workers rights - 2013
- This is a response from the following companies: G-Star
Author: Peuples solidaires & Collectif Ethique sur l’étiquette (France)
Les marques leaders de l’habillement dans le monde s’engagent à mettre en œuvre l’Accord sur les incendies et la sécurité des bâtiments au Bangladesh avant la date butoir fixée à minuit le 15 mai. L’Accord s’applique désormais à plus de 1000 usines d...
- Related companies: Aldi Nord Aldi Süd Associated British Foods Auchan Benetton Calvin Klein (part of PVH) Carrefour El Corte Inglés Esprit G-Star H&M Helly Hansen Inditex KiK Lidl Mango Marks & Spencer Mothercare New Look Next Primark (part of Associated British Foods) PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Sainsbury's Switcher Tchibo Tesco Tommy Hilfiger (part of PVH) Zara (part of Inditex)
Author: Simon Neville, Guardian [UK]
Walmart has confirmed it will not sign up to a legally binding agreement on worker safety and building regulations in Bangladesh…[T]he…retail giant has created its own agreement, which it claims goes beyond the current accord…The company…said the deal...
- Related companies: Aldi Nord Aldi Süd Arcadia Group ASDA (part of Walmart) Associated British Foods Benetton BHS C&A Calvin Klein (part of PVH) Carrefour El Corte Inglés G-Star H&M Helly Hansen Inditex John Lewis (part of John Lewis Partnership) KiK Loblaw Companies Mango Marks & Spencer Matalan Mothercare New Look Next Peacocks (part of EWM Group) Primark (part of Associated British Foods) PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) River Island (part of Lewis Trust) Sainsbury's Tchibo Tesco Tommy Hilfiger (part of PVH) Walmart Zara (part of Inditex)
Author: IndustriALL Global Union
Ahead of the midnight deadline, at least 24 garment and retail brands sourcing from Bangladesh have agreed to sign on to the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh. IndustriALL, UNI Global Union and their NGO partners are expecting further...
- Related stories: 24 garment & retail brands sourcing from Bangladesh sign on to the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in the country
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on freedom of association
- Related companies: Benetton Carrefour G-Star H&M Helly Hansen Inditex KiK Mothercare New Look Next Primark (part of Associated British Foods) PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Sainsbury Tchibo
Author: compiled by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
On 23 April 2013 the American Federation of Labor and Congress of Industrial Organizations (AFL–CIO) released a report called "Responsibility Outsourced". AFL-CIO says that this report "digs underneath the façade of social auditing and certification...
- Related in-depth areas: AFL-CIO report on failures of social audits & certification at protecting workers rights - 2013 Latest news on freedom of association
- Related companies: Apple Dole Dolefil (part of Itochu) Fibres & Fabrics International (FFI) Foxconn (part of Hon Hai) G-Star Gap Giorgio Armani Hon Hai Jones Group RI&CA RINA Walmart
Author: Beco, Human [email protected], Dutch Association of Investors for Sustainable Development (VBDO)
This publication['s]...main goal is to give insight into the current status of the implementation of the guidelines in the Netherlands, and to provide further ideas and inspiration. The publication pays attention to the importance of human rights for...