Gateway website: www.gateway.com
Author: Human Rights Campaign [USA]
The Human Rights Campaign Foundation Corporate Equality Index...was devised with corporate diversity leaders, GLBT workplace advocates and employees to provide employers with a roadmap to creating fair workplaces. Each year, we have seen tremendous...
- Related stories: USA: Report by Human Rights Campaign finds growth in company policies for gay & transgender workers
- Related companies: 3M Abbott Laboratories Abercrombie & Fitch Accenture Adobe Systems Adolph Coors (part of Molson Coors) Advanced Micro Devices Aegon Aetna Agilent Technologies AIG Air Products Alcatel-Lucent (part of Nokia) Allegheny Energy Alliant Energy Allstate Alltel Altria Amazon.com American Electric Power American Express Amgen Anadarko (now part of Occidental Petroleum) Anheuser-Busch (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Aon Apache Apple Applebee's International Aramark Archer Daniels Midland AstraZeneca AT&T AutoZone Avaya Aventis (now part of Sanofi) Avis Budget Avon Baldor Electric (now ABB Motors and Mechanical Inc.) Ball Corp. Bank of America Bank of New York (part of BNY Mellon) Barclays Barnes & Noble BASF Baxter International BB&T BD (Becton, Dickinson) Best Buy BNY Mellon Boehringer Ingelheim Boeing Booz Allen Hamilton Borders Group BP Bristol-Myers Squibb Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railway (BNSF) Burlington Resources (part of ConocoPhillips) Calpine Campbell Soup Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) Capital One Cargill Carlson Caterpillar CBRL Group Cerner Charles Schwab Chevron ChoicePoint Chubb Group CIGNA Cinergy (now Duke Energy) Circuit City Cisco Systems Citigroup Clear Channel Clorox CMP Media (part of United Business Media) CNA Coca-Cola Colgate-Palmolive Comcast Comerica Compass Group ConocoPhillips Constellation Energy Continental Airlines (part of United Continental) Corning Costco Covington & Burling Cox Enterprises Cravath Swaine & Moore Credit Suisse CSX Cummins CVS Dana Darden Restaurants Dean Foods Dell Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Delphi Delta Air Lines Deutsche Bank Diageo Dole Dominion Resources Dorsey & Whitney Dow Chemical DTE Energy Duke Energy DuPont Eastman Kodak Edison International Electronic Data Systems (part of HP) Eli Lilly EMC Emerson Electric Entergy Enterprise Products Estée Lauder Exelon ExxonMobil EY (Ernst & Young) FedEx Fifth Third Bank Ford Freddie Mac Freescale Semiconductor Gannett Gap Gateway Genentech General Dynamics General Electric General Mills General Motors Giant Food (part of Ahold Delhaize) Gibson GlaxoSmithKline Goldman Sachs Google (part of Alphabet) Hallmark Cards Hartford Financial Services Hasbro Heinz (now Kraft Heinz) Heller Ehrman Herman Miller Hershey Hewitt Associates Hilton Hoffmann-La Roche (part of Roche) Holland & Knight Home Depot Honeywell Hospira HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC Humana Hunton & Williams Illinois Tool Works ING Intel International Paper Interpublic Group Intuit ITT Industries J.C. Penney Jenner & Block JetBlue Airways John Deere John Hancock Financial Services (part of Manulife Financial) Johnson & Johnson JPMorgan Chase Kaiser Permanente Kellogg KeySpan Kimberly-Clark Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants KPMG Kraft Foods (now Kraft Heinz) Kroger L.L.Bean LaSalle Bank (part of Bank of America) Lear Lehman Brothers Levi Strauss Lexmark Lincoln National Liz Claiborne (part of J.C. Penney) Lockheed Martin Macy's Marriott Marsh & McLennan MassMutual Mattel Maytag McDermott McDonald's McGraw Hill McKinsey MeadWestvaco Medtronic Meijer Mellon Financial (part of BNY Mellon) Merck Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) Metlife MGM Resorts Microsoft Miller Brewing (part of SABMiller) Mirant (part of NRG Energy) Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams Morgan Stanley Morrison & Foerster Motorola National Grid Nationwide Mutual Insurance NCR New York Life Newell Rubbermaid Nike Nissan Nixon Peabody Nokia Nordstrom Nortel Networks Northeast Utilities Northrop Grumman Northwest Airlines Novartis Office Depot Office Depot Inc. (previously OfficeMax) Olivia Companies Omnicom Oracle Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe Owens Corning Pacificorp (part of Berkshire Hathaway) Pepsi Bottling Group PepsiCo Perot Systems Pfizer PG&E Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman Pitney Bowes PNC Financial Services PNM Resources Polaroid Powell Goldstein PPG PPL Praxair PricewaterhouseCoopers Procter & Gamble Progress Energy (part of Duke Energy) Progressive Enterprises (now Woolworths) Progressive Insurance Prudential Financial R.R. Donnelley & Sons RadioShack Raytheon Reebok (part of adidas) Reliant Energy Replacements Ltd. Reuters (part of Thomson Reuters) Reynolds American Rite Aid Rohm & Haas (part of Dow Chemical) Royal Caribbean Cruises Ryland (now CalAtlantic Group) Safeco Safeway USA (part of Albertsons) SAP Sara Lee SC Johnson Schering-Plough Seagate Technology Sears Sempra Energy Severn Trent Shell Sidley Austin Brown & Wood Sodexo Southern California Edison (part of Edison International) Southern Company Southwest Airlines Sprint Staples Starbucks Starwood Hotels State Farm Insurance State Street Sun Microsystems SunTrust Banks Supervalu T-Mobile (part of Deutsche Telekom) Target Texas Instruments Tiffany Time Warner Toyota Toys R Us UBS Unilever Unisys United Airlines (part of United Continental) United Technologies UnumProvident US Airways US Bancorp Verizon Viacom Visa Inc. Visteon Vivendi Volkswagen Wachovia (part of Wells Fargo) Walgreen Walmart Walt Disney Washington Mutual Waste Management Wellpoint Wells Fargo Weyerhaeuser Whirlpool Whole Foods Market (part of Amazon) Williams Companies Worldspan WPP Wyeth (part of Pfizer) Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Xcel Energy Xerox Yahoo! (part of Verizon) Zurich
Author: Benjamin Ferran, L'Expansion [France]
Dans une lettre ouverte, Steve Jobs [le PDG de Apple] annonce des changements d'envergure dans la politique écologique d'Apple. D'après le dernier classement de Greenpeace, Apple est le fabricant d'électronique le moins vertueux... [Malgré les progrès...
Author: Steve Jobs, Chief Executive, Apple
Apple has been criticized by some environmental organizations for not being a leader in removing toxic chemicals from its new products, and for not aggressively or properly recycling its old products... [In] many cases Apple is ahead of, or will soon...
[DOC] Clean Computers Campaign: Report on Labour Rights in the Computer Industry in China [English summary translation]
Author: Students and Scholars against Corporate Misbehaviour (SACOM)
[Original report in Chinese. Title translation and following summary of the report's key points, provided by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre with authorization by SACOM.]...
- Related stories: Shenzhen, China: NGO survey of working conditions in 13 electronics factories supplying 47 brands finds abuses including child labour, discrimination, excessive overtime
- Related in-depth areas: Marital status discrimination - an introduction
- Related companies: Acer Apple ASRock Asus Bestec Power Electronics BYD Canon Compaq (part of HP) Datang Telecom Technology Dell Delta Electronics Epson (part of Seiko) Evoc Intelligent Technology Fittec International Foxconn (part of Hon Hai) Fujitsu Fujitsu Technology Solutions (part of Fujitsu) Gateway Hon Hai HP (Hewlett-Packard) Huawei Technologies IBM Konka Lenovo LG Electronics (part of LG Corp.) Matsushita (now Panasonic) Microsoft Motorola NEC Nokia Nortel Networks Panasonic Royal Philips Electronics Ruijie Networks (Part of Start Group) Samsung Seiko Sharp Siemens Sony TCL Corporation Toshiba Trigem Tsinghua Tongfang ZTE
[PDF] full report: "The State of the Workplace for Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Americans 2005-2006"
Author: Human Rights Campaign
- Related stories: USA: 2005-6 "State of the Workplace for Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Americans" - 86% of Fortune 500 companies now prohibit sexual orientation discrimination
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories Advanced Micro Devices AES Aetna AFLAC Agilent Technologies Air Products AK Steel Alcoa Allstate Alltel Altria Amazon.com Ameren American Airlines American Electric Power AmerisourceBergen Amgen Anadarko (now part of Occidental Petroleum) Anheuser-Busch (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Aon Apache Apple Aramark Archer Daniels Midland ArvinMeritor Ashland Global Specialty Chemicals AT&T AutoNation Avaya Avery Dennison Avon Baker Hughes Ball Corp. Bank of America Bank of New York (part of BNY Mellon) Barnes & Noble Baxter International BB&T BD (Becton, Dickinson) Bed Bath & Beyond BellSouth (now AT&T) Berkshire Hathaway Best Buy Blockbuster Boeing Borders Group BorgWarner Bristol-Myers Squibb Brunswick Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railway (BNSF) Burlington Resources (part of ConocoPhillips) Calpine Campbell Soup Capital One Cardinal Cendant (now Avis Budget) Centex Charles Schwab Chesapeake Energy Chevron CHS Chubb Group Cincinnati Financial Cinergy (now Duke Energy) Cisco Systems CIT Citigroup Clear Channel Clorox CMS Energy Coca-Cola Colgate-Palmolive Comcast Computer Sciences (CSC) ConAgra ConocoPhillips Constellation Energy Corning Costco CSX Cummins CVS Dana Darden Restaurants Dean Foods Dell Delphi Delta Air Lines Devon Energy Dillard's Dole Dominion Resources Dow Chemical DTE Energy Duke Energy DuPont Eastman Chemical Eastman Kodak Eaton eBay EchoStar Communications Ecolab Edison International El Paso Energy Electronic Data Systems (part of HP) Eli Lilly EMC Emerson Electric Enbridge Engelhard (part of BASF) Entergy Enterprise Products Estée Lauder Exelon ExxonMobil Federal-Mogul Federated Department Stores (now Macy's) FedEx Fidelity Investments Fifth Third Bank First Data (part of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) FirstEnergy Fluor Foot Locker Ford FPL Group Freeport-McMoRan Gannett Gap Gateway General Dynamics General Electric General Mills General Motors Goldman Sachs Goodrich Goodyear Google (part of Alphabet) Halliburton Harley-Davidson Hartford Financial Services Heinz (now Kraft Heinz) Hess Corporation HP (Hewlett-Packard) Humana Huntsman IBM IKON Illinois Tool Works Intel International Paper International Steel Interpublic Group ITT Industries J.C. Penney Jabil Circuit Johnson & Johnson Johnson Controls Jones Group JPMorgan Chase Kellogg Kerr-McGee (now part of Anadarko) Kimberly-Clark Kinder Morgan Inc. Kmart (part of Sears) Kohl's Kroger L-3 Communications Lear Leggett & Platt Lehman Brothers Lennar Levi Strauss Lexmark Liberty Media Liberty Mutual Limited Brands Lincoln National Liz Claiborne (part of J.C. Penney) Lockheed Martin Lowe's Lucent Technologies (now Alcatel-Lucent) Lyondell (part of Access Industries) Marathon Oil Marriott Marsh & McLennan MassMutual Mattel May Department Stores Maytag MBNA (part of Bank of America) McDonald's MCI (part of Verizon) McKesson MeadWestvaco Medtronic Mellon Financial (part of BNY Mellon) Merck Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) Metlife Mirant (part of NRG Energy) Mohawk Industries Monsanto (part of Bayer) Morgan Stanley Motorola Murphy Oil Nationwide Mutual Insurance NCR New York Life Newell Rubbermaid Newmont Goldcorp News Corporation Nike Nordstrom Norfolk Southern Northwest Airlines Nucor Occidental Petroleum Office Depot Office Depot Inc. (previously OfficeMax) Omnicom Oracle Owens Corning Peabody Energy Pepco PepsiCo Pfizer PG&E Phelps Dodge (part of Freeport-McMoRan) Pitney Bowes PPG PPL Praxair Procter & Gamble Progress Energy (part of Duke Energy) Public Service Enterprise Group Publix RadioShack Raytheon Reebok (part of adidas) Reliant Energy Reynolds American Rite Aid Rohm & Haas (part of Dow Chemical) Ross Stores Ryland (now CalAtlantic Group) Safeway USA (part of Albertsons) Sara Lee Schering-Plough Sears Sempra Energy ServiceMaster Sherwin-Williams Smithfield Foods Smurfit-Stone Solectron Southern Company Sprint Staples Starbucks Starwood Hotels State Farm Insurance State Street Sun Microsystems Sunoco (part of Energy Transfer Partners) SunTrust Banks Supervalu Target Temple-Inland Tenet Healthcare Terex Tesoro Texas Instruments Time Warner TJX Toys R Us Tribune Company TXU Tyson UGI Utilities Union Pacific Unisys United Airlines (part of United Continental) United States Steel United Technologies Unocal (part of Chevron) UnumProvident US Airways US Bancorp Valero Energy Verizon Viacom Visteon Wachovia (part of Wells Fargo) Walgreen Walmart Walt Disney Washington Mutual Waste Management Wells Fargo Wendy's Weyerhaeuser Whirlpool Whole Foods Market (part of Amazon) Williams Companies Winn-Dixie WPS Resources Wyeth (part of Pfizer) Xcel Energy Xerox Yahoo! (part of Verizon) YUM!
Author: Jim Puckett, Sarah Westervelt, Richard Gutierrez & Yuka Takamiya, Basel Action Network
...[Because] of widespread usage of toxic chemicals in today's high-tech equipment...most...electronic wastes are hazardous wastes... [Much] of the growth in the information technology (IT) sector in developing countries has been fueled by the...
- Related stories: Basel Action Network reports large quantities of electronic waste exported from US & Europe to Africa - potentially toxic chemicals often dumped improperly
- Related companies: Apple Compaq (part of HP) Dell Epson (part of Seiko) Gateway HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM Intel Matsushita (now Panasonic) Panasonic Pitney Bowes Ricoh Seiko Sharp Sony Toshiba
Author: William Baue, SocialFunds.com
A recent report from Oekom Research identifies shortcomings in the corporate responsibility performance of IT and computer companies, particularly concerning social issues...Hewlett Packard topped the group with an overall grade of B-. Apple was close...
Author: Laurence Pantin, Village Voice
At one time, up to a thousand people toiled in this plant [in Cananea, Mexico] nine hours a day in sweatshop-like conditions for less than 40 cents an hour, manufacturing computer keyboards and video games. And it is here that a company named Maxi...