Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in United Kingdom
Author: Bipul Sarker Sunny, Tribune [Bangladesh]
Leaders of the National Committee to Protect Oil, Gas, Mineral Resources, Power and Ports have demanded immediate implementation of their six-point demands regarding the clash between police and people who protested the proposed Phulbari open pit coal...
- Related stories: 7 UN Special Rapporteurs say Global Coal Management's Phulbari coal project in Bangladesh threatens human rights & should not be allowed to proceed Bangladesh: Concerns over environmental & social impacts of Asia Energy/GCM Resources' Phulbari coal project Campaigners file OECD Guidelines complaint claiming GCM Resources' coal mine in Bangladesh would displace locals & deprive access to water OECD Guidelines complaint against GCM Resources over planned Bangladesh coal mine Show moreShow less
- Related companies: Asia Energy (part of GCM Resources) GCM Resources
Amnesty Intl. report says UK's OECD National Contact Point is failing to hold companies to account over human rights abuses
Author: Dave Carr, Socialist Party
For the last nine years the Committee to Protect Oil, Gas and Natural Resources in Bangladesh has organised protests in central London outside the AGM of coal mining conglomerate Global Coal Management Resources (GCM)...Socialist Party members joined...
- Related stories: Bangladesh: Concerns over environmental & social impacts of Asia Energy/GCM Resources' Phulbari coal project Campaigners file OECD Guidelines complaint claiming GCM Resources' coal mine in Bangladesh would displace locals & deprive access to water OECD Guidelines complaint against GCM Resources over planned Bangladesh coal mine Show moreShow less
- Related companies: GCM Resources
CORE’s new report, The Bottom Line: UK Corporate Abuse Overseas brings together ten recent case studies of serious abuses allegedly linked to UK corporations’ international operations. The report contains comments by the companies concerned.
Author: Cultural Survival
The UK government has published a statement in September highlighting continued opposition and turmoil in Bangladesh over British company GCM Resources’ plans to build a massive open pit coal mine in Phulbari, located in the north west of Bangladesh.....
Author: GCM Resources
GCM Resources plc ("GCM" or the "Company"), a London based resource exploration and development company, is pleased to announce the UK National Contact Point to the OECD ("NCP") has today published a Follow-up Statement (the "Report") which completes...
Author: Raaj Manik, Phulbari Solidarity Group
...Phulbari Day...is...the day to commemorate mass protests that prevented a UK-based mining company, Global Coal Management PLC, from building a large-scale open-pit coal mine in Phulbari in north-west Bangladesh. Nine years ago, on 26th August in...
Author: Luis Vittor, ALAI (Perú)
“Los pueblos indígenas y el tratado sobre empresas transnacionales y derechos humanos” – 2 de febrero de 2015...
Author: Miriam Ross, World Development Movement
British company GCM Resources was dealt a serious blow today as the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) agreed to consider complaints regarding severe human rights violations associated with the company’s planned coal mine in...
Author: Institute for Human Rights and Business & UK Govt. Dept. of Business, Innovation & Skills
A report on the second meeting of stakeholders, since the establishment of the updated OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises (the Guidelines) in 2011. The participants [brought together by the Institute for Human Rights and Business and the UK...
- Related companies: Anglo American Arcelor Mittal Barclays Barrick Gold BHP Billiton Centerra Gold Clifford Chance De Beers Electric Power Development Company Eni Excellon Resources First Quantum Minerals GCM Resources George Forrest Glencore Glencore Xstrata (now Glencore) Herbert Smith Freehills (formerly Herbert Smith) Mineral Commodities (MRC) Posco Rio Tinto Royal Bank of Scotland Shell Standard Chartered Statoil Unilever Xstrata (part of Glencore)