Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in USA
Blog: Business & human rights courses will influence firms to fill governance gaps & not disregard societal impacts
Author: Caroline Kaeb and David Scheffer, Principles for Responsible Management Education, in Opinio Juris
"The Corporate Joust with Morality," 6 Jun 2016...
- Related companies: Alpha Natural Resources Angie's List Anthem Apple Bank of America Coca-Cola Cummins eBay Eli Lilly ExxonMobil Facebook General Motors Massey Energy (part of Alpha Natural Resources) MasterCard McDonald's MGM Resorts Nissan PayPal (part of eBay) Roche Salesforce.com Sony Toyota Tyson Volkswagen Walmart
Oxfam publishes new report on tax avoidance practices of US corporate giants & calls on govt. to ensure firms pay fair share of taxes
On 14 April 2016, Oxfam International published a briefing that discusses how the American tax regime facilitates corporate tax avoidance practices. The report estimates that the 50 biggest U.S. companies have hidden over 1 trillion dollars in overse...
Author: Becky Dempsey, GreenBiz
More than 700 sustainability executives are set to convene next month in Arizona to discuss the trends, tools and technologies needed to move their companies toward a more sustainable future, energized by the climate goals set last month by the Paris...
- Related in-depth areas: Mitigation
- Related companies: 21st Century Fox 3M Baxter International Best Buy Boeing Campbell Soup Dell Dow Chemical Facebook Gap Genentech General Motors Kimberly-Clark Land O'Lakes McDonald's McKinsey Ralph Lauren Sealed Air Siemens Sodexo Staples Starbucks Steelcase Target Tiffany VF Corp Walmart Walt Disney Waste Management
Author: David Berman, Globe and Mail (Canada)
"Canadian businesses answer Ottawa’s call for donations to help refugees", 22 Dec 2015...
Author: Joann Muller, Forbes (USA)
…13 auto industry chief executives from the U.S., Europe and Asia had pledged to accelerate the development of cleaner vehicles to reduce harmful greenhouse gas emissions. As a group, the companies said they would… Contribute to the goal of a...
Author: Elsa Wenzel, GreenBiz
Among hundreds of corporations backing COP21 climate actions, few are trekking to Paris, instead backing blockbuster commitments or coalitions to represent them…Here are some of the bulkiest groups…Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates is teaming up with...
- Related in-depth areas: Mitigation
- Related companies: ABB Abengoa Alcoa Alibaba.com Alphabet Alstom Amazon.com Anglo American Apple AT&T Bank of America Ben & Jerry's (part of Unilever) BG Group (part of Shell) BHP Billiton BP BT Calpine Clif Bar Coca-Cola Commerzbank Dow Chemical Eni Equinor (formerly Statoil) Facebook General Mills General Motors Glencore Goldman Sachs Google (part of Alphabet) H&M Hershey Honda HP (Hewlett-Packard) IKEA Intel JPMorgan Chase Kellogg KPN LafargeHolcim Levi Strauss Mars McDonald's Microsoft Monsanto (part of Bayer) Morgan Stanley National Grid Nestlé Pemex PepsiCo PG&E Reed Elsevier Group Reliance Industries Repsol Rio Tinto Royal Philips Electronics Salesforce.com Saudi Aramco Schneider Electric Shell Siemens Starbucks Stonyfield Farm Suez Swiss Re Total Unilever UPS Virgin Group Wells Fargo Xerox
USA: Corporate Equality Index scores show improvement of measures taken by companies for LGBT workers
Study finds companies struggling to comply with reporting requirements of California Transparency in Supply Chains Act
Author: Morgan Windsor, International Business Times
"In California, Companies Struggle To Combat Human Trafficking, Slavery In Compliance With Transparency in Supply Chains Act: Report", 4 Nov 2015...