Headquarters in USA
USA: Florida-based private detention company, GEO Group, sues state of California for new law banning private detention facilities
Author: Michelle Mears, California Globe
"Florida Based Company Suing California For Law Ending Operation Of Private Prisons and Immigration Detention Facilities" 5 Jan 2020...
Author: GEO Group
The federal government sets the performance-based national detention standards which govern the Voluntary Work Program at all ICE Processing Centers... This is not and has never been a program implemented unilaterally by service providers like GEO....
- Related stories: USA: GEO Group faces lawsuits over alleged use of forced labour at immigrant detention facilities USA: Govt. contractors accused of profiting from separation & detention of migrant & asylum seeking families
- This is a response from the following companies: GEO Group
US govt. contractor Nakamoto Group allegedly overlooked abuse at detention centers; incl. co. statement
Author: Yuki Noguchi, NPR
"'No Meaningful Oversight': ICE Contractor Overlooked Problems At Detention Centers", 17 July 2019...
- Related stories: USA: Govt. contractors accused of profiting from separation & detention of migrant & asylum seeking families
- Related companies: CoreCivic GEO Group Nakamoto Group
Did not respond.
- Related stories: USA: Investors file resolutions with companies at risk for human rights violations due to govt. contracts related to immigration
- This is a non response from the following companies: GEO Group
USA: Investors file resolutions with companies at risk for human rights violations due to govt. contracts related to immigration
In December 2018, investor members of the Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility launched a corporate campaign focused on a group of six companies across the private prison, e-commerce, banking and defense sectors, deemed at risk for human...
USA: CoreCivic & Geo Group face lawsuit over using detainee labour at New Mexico immigration detention facility
Author: Amanda Holpuch, The Guardian
"Private prison companies served with lawsuits over using detainee labor", 25 Nov 2018...
- Related stories: USA: GEO Group faces lawsuits over alleged use of forced labour at immigrant detention facilities USA: Private prison co. CoreCivic to face lawsuits alleging use of forced labour of immigrants at detention centre
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: CoreCivic GEO Group
USA: California State Teachers’ Retirement System divests from for-profit prison companies GEO Group & Core Civic
In November 2018, the Teachers’ Retirement Board of the California State Teachers’ Retirement System voted to divest from CoreCivic and GEO Group, two U.S. publicly-held companies that operate private prisons. CoreCivic and GEO Group had been accused...