Headquarters in USA
[PDF] Second Amended Petition [to Inter-American Commission on Human Rights] and Petitioners' Observations on the Government's Reply Concerning the United States Government's Failure to Protect the Human Rights of the Residents of Mossville, Louisiana,...
Author: Nathalie Walker & Monique Harden of Advocates for Environmental Human Rights, for petitioners Mossville Environmental Action Now & residents of Mossville
People living in Mossville suffer from severe health problems, elevated levels of cancer-causing and hormone-disrupting chemicals, a devastated environment, and a deteriorated quality of life, all of which arise from governmental approvals of highly...
- Related stories: Petition to Inter-American Commission over health impacts of chemical & petroleum factories in Mossville, Louisiana, USA
- Related companies: Access Industries Air Liquide CertainTeed (part of Saint-Gobain) Chemtura ConocoPhillips Entergy Georgia Gulf Koch Industries Lyondell (part of Access Industries) LyondellBasell (part of Access Industries) PPG Saint-Gobain Sasol Tetra Technologies
Companies' responses to concerns about environmental health in Mossville/Lake Charles region, Louisiana, USA
Author: Compiled by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
[Includes responses by Entergy, PPG. ConocoPhillips, Georgia Gulf, Lyondell did not respond. Sasol has indicated that it is preparing a response. The report also notes that additional industrial facilities are nearby...companies that have (or...
- Related stories: Petition to Inter-American Commission over health impacts of chemical & petroleum factories in Mossville, Louisiana, USA USA: Louisiana residents say govt. has found chemicals in their blood but done nothing - report blames nearby factories
- Related in-depth areas: Mossville report - July 2007
- Related companies: Air Liquide CertainTeed (part of Saint-Gobain) ConocoPhillips Entergy Georgia Gulf Lyondell (part of Access Industries) PPG Saint-Gobain Sasol Tetra Technologies
Author: Adrianne Appel, IPS
A U.S. health agency has made research subjects of people in tiny Mossville, Louisiana by repeatedly monitoring dangerously high levels of dioxin in their blood while doing nothing to get the community out of harm's way, residents say... Mossville is...
- Related stories: USA: Louisiana residents say govt. has found chemicals in their blood but done nothing - report blames nearby factories
- Related companies: ConocoPhillips Georgia Gulf
[PDF] full report: "Industrial Sources of Dioxin Poisoning in Mossville, Louisiana: A Report Based on the Government’s Own Data"
Author: Mossville Environmental Action Now, Wilma Subra (The Subra Company), Advocates for Environmental Human Rights [USA]
Mossville residents are surrounded by 14 toxic industrial facilities, several of which routinely release dioxins into the air, water, and land. Residents have long complained about health problems that a university health study has linked to...
- Related companies: Air Liquide Arch Chemicals Biolab (part of Chemtura) CertainTeed (part of Saint-Gobain) Chemtura ConocoPhillips Entergy Flint Hills Resources (part of Koch Industries) Georgia Gulf Koch Industries Lyondell (part of Access Industries) PPG Saint-Gobain Sasol Tessenderlo Tetra Technologies