Gerling Group website: http://www.gerling.com
Former UN Global Compact participant. De-listed for not communicating on progress
Author: Evan Mills, Staff Scientist, US Department of Energy’s Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory; Eugene Lecomte, President Emeritus of Institute for Business & Home Safety; for Ceres
...while climate change poses potential threats, it also creates vast new business opportunities... [Insurers] have a huge opportunity today to develop creative loss-prevention solutions and products that will reduce climate-related losses for...
- Related stories: Ceres report says insurers developing new products to tackle climate change, but more firms should offer such products
- Related companies: ACE Group Aegon Aetna AGF - Assurances Générales de France (part of Allianz) AIG Aioi Insurance Allianz Allstate American Modern Insurance (part of Midland Company) American National Insurance Aon Aspen Insurance Aviva AXA Berkshire Hathaway Chubb Group CIGNA Cincinnati Financial Duke Energy Ergo (part of Munich Re) Fireman's Fund (part of Allianz) FM Global GEICO (part of Berkshire Hathaway) General Motors Gerling Group GMAC (now Ally Financial) Goldman Sachs Groupama Hanover Insurance Harleysville Insurance Hartford Financial Services Hartford Steam Boiler (part of AIG) Insurance Australia Group KBC Legal & General Lloyd's of London Marsh & McLennan Marsh (part of Marsh & McLennan) Metlife Midland Company Millea Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance (part of Sumitomo Group) Munich Re Nationwide Mutual Insurance Nedbank New York Life Norwich Union (part of Aviva) NSTAR Phoenix Companies Progressive Insurance Prudential Financial Prudential plc Ras (part of Allianz) RNK Capital Safeco Solomon Associates (part of AIG) State Farm Insurance Storebrand Sumitomo Group Swiss Re Tokio Marine & Nichido (part of Millea) Travelers UnumProvident USAA Wellpoint Zurich
[PDF] full report: "Investing in Stability - Conflict Risk, Environmental Challenges and the Bottom-Line"
Author: United Nations Environment Programme Finance Initiative (UNEP FI), Intl. Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD), with articles by John Bray (Control Risks Group), Jason Switzer (IISD), Mareike Hussels (UNEP FI), Daniel Wagner (Asian Development Bank), Michael Kelly (KPMG)
[refers to Barclays, Standard Chartered, Lloyd's of London, Gerling, Freeport-McMoRan, International Waters]
- Related stories: Report on role of financial sector in conflict prevention & resolution, by UNEP & Intl. Institute for Sustainable Development
- Related in-depth areas: Conflict prevention Finance International organizations
- Related companies: Barclays Freeport-McMoRan Gerling Group Lloyd's of London Standard Chartered
Author: Frans van der Woerd, David Levy & Katie Begg (eds.), Greener Management International: The Journal of Corporate Environmental Strategy and Practice (no. 39)
includes chapters on: "An Overview of Corporate Strategies" [refers to BP, Lafarge, General Motors, DuPont, Boeing, Hewlett Packard, IBM, Intel, Shell, United Technologies, Whirlpool, Deutsche Telekom, Gerling Group, Munich Re, Ford, Coca-Cola, Alcan,...
- Related companies: AIG Alcan (now Rio Tinto Alcan) American Electric Power Bank of America Baxter International Boeing BP Chase (part of JPMorgan Chase) Chevron Chugoku Electric Power Coca-Cola Credit Suisse Deutsche Bank Deutsche Telekom DuPont Electrabel Elf Aquitaine (now part of Total) Entergy ExxonMobil Ford Fortum Gaz de France (part of GDF Suez) General Motors Gerling Group IBM ING Intel International Paper Johnson & Johnson Lafarge MeadWestvaco Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) Mitsubishi Group Mitsui Motorola Munich Re Nike Norsk Hydro (now part of Statoil) Ontario Power Generation (OPG) Pechiney (part of Rio Tinto) Rabobank RWE Shell Shikoku Electric Power ST Microelectronics Statoil Stora Enso Suncor Swiss Re Temple-Inland Tohoku Electric Power Total TransAlta UBS United Technologies Whirlpool