Headquarters in USA
Author: Oxfam America (US)
"Corporations Increasingly Vocal on Social Issues but Still Mostly Lobbying for Lower Taxes" 12 Apr 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories AbbVie AIG Albertsons Alphabet Amazon.com Amgen Anadarko Apple Archer Daniels Midland Bank of America Berkshire Hathaway Bristol-Myers Squibb Cargill Chevron Cisco Systems Citigroup Coca-Cola ConocoPhillips Costco Eli Lilly ExxonMobil Facebook Foot Locker Gap General Mills Gilead Sciences Hanesbrands Home Depot HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM Intel J.P. Morgan (part of JPMorgan Chase) Johnson & Johnson JPMorgan Chase Kellogg Kroger L Brands, Inc. Lowe's Marathon Petroleum Mars McDonald's Merck Metlife Microsoft Mondelēz International Morgan Stanley Nike Oracle PepsiCo Pfizer Phillips 66 Prudential Financial Publix PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Ralph Lauren Ross Stores State Farm Insurance Target Tyson Valero Energy VF Corp Walgreen Walmart Wells Fargo Whole Foods Market
Author: Sarah Neville, Financial Times (UK)
The UK drugs industry is going to court in an attempt to stop the country’s taxpayer-funded National Health Service from imposing new limits on the price it will pay for medicines. The action follows a government crackdown in April that limits funding...
Author: Grupo de Trabalho sobre Propriedade Intelectual-GTPI (Brazil)
“INPI rejeita pedido de patente do Truvada® no Brasil-Com a decisão, a combinação de medicamentos que atua na prevenção do HIV passa a fazer parte do domínio público”, 24 de janeiro de 2017...
- Related companies: Gilead Sciences
USA: Corporate Equality Index scores record number of companies full marks for having inclusive policies for LGBT workers
Author: Access to Medicine Foundation
"Access to Medicine Index 2016," Nov 2016...
- Related stories: UN Forum 2016: Materials launched
- Related companies: AbbVie AstraZeneca Bayer Boehringer Ingelheim Bristol-Myers Squibb Daiichi Sankyo Eisai Eli Lilly Gilead Sciences GlaxoSmithKline Johnson & Johnson Merck Novartis Novo Group Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) Pfizer Roche Sanofi Takeda Pharmaceutical
Author: Menno T. Kamminga, Business and Human Rights Journal, Volume 1, Issue 1
How do companies respond to their critics? Are there significant differences in responsiveness between industrial sectors, between the countries in which companies are based, and between the companies themselves? Do responses reflect the belief that...
- Related stories: Business & Human Rights Journal
- Related companies: Aditya Birla Group AngloGold Ashanti Apple Banco Espírito Santo Barrick Gold BHP Billiton Chevron China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) China Power Investment Endiama (Empresa Nacional de Diamantes de Angola) Foxconn (part of Hon Hai) Gilead Sciences Glencore Goldcorp Golden Star Resources Hindalco (part of Aditya Birla Group) Hon Hai Huawei Technologies Microsoft Myanmar Oil & Gas Enterprise (MOGE) Newmont Nike ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation) Shell Walmart Zimbabwe Mining Development Corporation (ZMDC)
Author: Tim Smedley, Guardian (UK)
"Big pharma attempts to cast off bad reputation by targeting the poor", 25 June 2015...