Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in South Africa
Supporter of Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
New report by Responsible Mining Foundation calls on mining companies to show commitment to human rights defenders protection
Author: Responsible Mining Foundation
‘Human rights defenders: are mining companies playing their part?’, 22 July, 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Human rights defenders Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: AngloGold Ashanti Antofagasta ArcelorMittal Banpu Barrick Gold BHP (formerly BHP Billiton) Bumi Resources China Shenhua Energy (part of Shenhua Group) Coal India (CIL) Codelco Compañia de Minas Buenaventura Evraz Exxaro First Quantum Minerals Fortescue Metals Group Freeport-McMoRan Glencore Gold Fields Grupo México Industrias Penoles Minerals and Metals Group (MMG) (part of China Minmetals) Newcrest Mining Newmont (formerly Newmont Goldcorp) Orano (formerly Areva) Peabody Energy Polymetal International Rio Tinto RUSAL Sibanye-Stillwater Teck Resources Vale Vedanta Resources Zijin
Author: James Stent, GroundUp
"Two years after landmark silicosis settlement, no one has been paid," 20 July 2020...
- Related stories: Gold miner silicosis litigation (re So. Africa)
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Government & business response Latest Legal News
- Related companies: African Rainbow Minerals Anglo American South Africa AngloGold Ashanti Gold Fields Harmony Gold Sibanye-Stillwater
USA: Publish What You Pay calls on extractive companies to comment on latest SEC payment disclosure rules; including company responses
On 15 January 2020, the U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC) released the latest proposed rule to implement Section 1504 of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act. Section 1504 requires companies operating in the...
Author: Gold Fields
...Does your company support the EITI Standard's definition of project-level reporting?...
- Related stories: USA: Publish What You Pay calls on extractive companies to comment on latest SEC payment disclosure rules; including company responses
- This is a response from the following companies: Gold Fields
Author: Mining Weekly (South Africa)
‘First payments in South African silicosis settlement expected in second quarter’ 5 February 2020...
Ghana: Health coordinator commends mining firms’ efforts in health-related matters of its host communities
Author: Kojo Fletcher, Modern Ghana
‘Emulate Gold Fields - School Health Coordinator Tells Other Mining Firms’ 17 October 2019...
- Related companies: Gold Fields
So. Africa: R5-billion silicosis settlement approved by the Johannesburg high court is not a finite amount
Author: Tshegofatso Mathe, Mail & Guardian (South Africa)
‘Money from the silicosis settlement is not fixed’ 29 July 2019...
So. Africa: Johannesburg High Court approves $353 million class action settlement in lawsuit against mining firms re lung disease
Author: Africa News
"South African court approves $353 million class action settlement", 28 Jul 2019...
So. Africa: 5 mining companies ask Court to accept 5 billion rand settlement in lawsuits re gold miners affected by silicosis & tuberculosis
Author: Ciaran Ryan, AllAfrica
"South Africa: Five Mining Groups Ask Court to Approve R5 Billion Silicosis Settlement Case", 30 May 2019...
- Related stories: Gold miner silicosis litigation (re So. Africa) So. Africa: Court allows silicosis & tuberculosis class action lawsuits against gold mining companies So. Africa: Gold mining companies to appeal silicosis & tuberculosis class action certification Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Extractives Latest Legal News Natural Resources
- Related companies: Anglo American Gold Fields Harmony Gold Sibanye-Stillwater
Reuters claims billions' worth of gold smuggled from Africa to the UAE fuels conflict, violates human rights & endangers environment
Author: David Lewis, Ryan McNeill & Zandi Shabalala, Reuters
"Exclusive: Gold worth billions' smuggled out of Africa", 24 April 2019....