Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in South Africa
Supporter of Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
USA: Publish What You Pay calls on extractive companies to comment on latest SEC payment disclosure rules; including company responses
On 15 January 2020, the U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC) released the latest proposed rule to implement Section 1504 of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act. Section 1504 requires companies operating in the...
Author: Gold Fields
...Does your company support the EITI Standard's definition of project-level reporting?...
- Related stories: USA: Publish What You Pay calls on extractive companies to comment on latest SEC payment disclosure rules; including company responses
- This is a response from the following companies: Gold Fields
Author: Mining Weekly (South Africa)
‘First payments in South African silicosis settlement expected in second quarter’ 5 February 2020...
Ghana: Health coordinator commends mining firms’ efforts in health-related matters of its host communities
Author: Kojo Fletcher, Modern Ghana
‘Emulate Gold Fields - School Health Coordinator Tells Other Mining Firms’ 17 October 2019...
- Related companies: Gold Fields
So. Africa: R5-billion silicosis settlement approved by the Johannesburg high court is not a finite amount
Author: Tshegofatso Mathe, Mail & Guardian (South Africa)
‘Money from the silicosis settlement is not fixed’ 29 July 2019...
So. Africa: Johannesburg High Court approves $353 million class action settlement in lawsuit against mining firms re lung disease
Author: Africa News
"South African court approves $353 million class action settlement", 28 Jul 2019...
So. Africa: 5 mining companies ask Court to accept 5 billion rand settlement in lawsuits re gold miners affected by silicosis & tuberculosis
Author: Ciaran Ryan, AllAfrica
"South Africa: Five Mining Groups Ask Court to Approve R5 Billion Silicosis Settlement Case", 30 May 2019...
- Related stories: Gold miner silicosis litigation (re So. Africa) So. Africa: Court allows silicosis & tuberculosis class action lawsuits against gold mining companies So. Africa: Gold mining companies to appeal silicosis & tuberculosis class action certification Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Extractives Latest Legal News Natural Resources
- Related companies: Anglo American Gold Fields Harmony Gold Sibanye-Stillwater
Reuters claims billions' worth of gold smuggled from Africa to the UAE fuels conflict, violates human rights & endangers environment
Author: David Lewis, Ryan McNeill & Zandi Shabalala, Reuters
"Exclusive: Gold worth billions' smuggled out of Africa", 24 April 2019....
Author: Earth Rights International, Instituto de Defensa Legal y Coordinadora Nacional de Derechos Humanos del Perú
“Informe: Convenios entre la Policía Nacional y las empresas extractivas en el Perú. Análisis de las relaciones que permiten la violación de los derechos humanos y quiebran los principios del Estado democrático de Derecho” – febrero de 2019...
- Related stories: Peru: Civil society alerts on human rights impacts of agreements between the National Police and extractive companies
- Related companies: Anglo American Antamina (joint venture BHP Billiton, Glencore, Teck, Mitsubishi Corporation) Barrick Gold BHP (formerly BHP Billiton) China Aluminium Corporation (Chinalco) China Minmetals China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) Compañia de Minas Buenaventura Consorcio Minero Horizonte, CMH Doe Run (part of Renco) Freeport-McMoRan Glencore Gold Fields Grupo México Las Bambas (part of MMG) Minera Arunati (part of Bradley MDH) Minera Yanacocha (joint venture Newmont, Sumitomo & Compañía de Minas Buenaventura) Minerals and Metals Group (MMG) (part of China Minmetals) Mitsubishi Group Newmont (formerly Newmont Goldcorp) Petroperú Renco Sociedad Minera Cerro Verde (joint venture Freeport-McMoRan, Sumitomo Mining Co. & Buenaventura) Southern Copper (part of Grupo México) Sumitomo Group Teck Resources