Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in South Africa
Supporter of Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
Ghana: Health coordinator commends mining firms’ efforts in health-related matters of its host communities
Author: Kojo Fletcher, Modern Ghana
‘Emulate Gold Fields - School Health Coordinator Tells Other Mining Firms’ 17 October 2019...
- Related companies: Gold Fields
So. Africa: R5-billion silicosis settlement approved by the Johannesburg high court is not a finite amount
Author: Tshegofatso Mathe, Mail & Guardian (South Africa)
‘Money from the silicosis settlement is not fixed’ 29 July 2019...
So. Africa: Johannesburg High Court approves $353 million class action settlement in lawsuit against mining firms re lung disease
Author: Africa News
"South African court approves $353 million class action settlement", 28 Jul 2019...
So. Africa: 5 mining companies ask Court to accept 5 billion rand settlement in lawsuits re gold miners affected by silicosis & tuberculosis
Author: Ciaran Ryan, AllAfrica
"South Africa: Five Mining Groups Ask Court to Approve R5 Billion Silicosis Settlement Case", 30 May 2019...
- Related stories: Gold miner silicosis litigation (re So. Africa) So. Africa: Court allows silicosis & tuberculosis class action lawsuits against gold mining companies So. Africa: Gold mining companies to appeal silicosis & tuberculosis class action certification Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Extractives Latest Legal News Natural Resources
- Related companies: Anglo American Gold Fields Harmony Gold Sibanye-Stillwater
Reuters claims billions' worth of gold smuggled from Africa to the UAE fuels conflict, violates human rights & endangers environment
Author: David Lewis, Ryan McNeill & Zandi Shabalala, Reuters
"Exclusive: Gold worth billions' smuggled out of Africa", 24 April 2019....
Author: Earth Rights International, Instituto de Defensa Legal y Coordinadora Nacional de Derechos Humanos del Perú
“Informe: Convenios entre la Policía Nacional y las empresas extractivas en el Perú. Análisis de las relaciones que permiten la violación de los derechos humanos y quiebran los principios del Estado democrático de Derecho” – febrero de 2019...
- Related stories: Peru: Civil society alerts on human rights impacts of agreements between the National Police and extractive companies
- Related companies: Anglo American Antamina (joint venture BHP Billiton, Glencore, Teck, Mitsubishi Corporation) Barrick Gold BHP Billiton China Aluminium Corporation (Chinalco) China Minmetals China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) Compañia de Minas Buenaventura Consorcio Minero Horizonte, CMH Doe Run (part of Renco) Freeport-McMoRan Glencore Gold Fields Grupo México Las Bambas (part of MMG) Minera Arunati (part of Bradley MDH) Minera Yanacocha (joint venture Newmont, Sumitomo & Compañía de Minas Buenaventura) Minerals and Metals Group (MMG) (part of China Minmetals) Mitsubishi Group Newmont Goldcorp Petroperú Renco Sociedad Minera Cerro Verde (joint venture Freeport-McMoRan, Sumitomo Mining Co. & Buenaventura) Southern Copper (part of Grupo México) Sumitomo Group Teck Resources
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
Welcome to our Corporate Legal Accountability Quarterly Bulletin -- highlighting a specific topic each quarter, as well as key developments in corporate legal accountability......
- Related stories: Corporate Legal Accountability Bulletin: The Zero Draft Treaty on Business & Human Rights
- Related in-depth areas: Corporate Legal Accountability Quarterly Bulletins Latest news on natural resources Latest news on proposed binding treaty Natural Resources
- Related companies: African Rainbow Minerals Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Apple Appleby BHP Billiton CACI Cargill Drummond Energy Resources Capital Gold Fields Harmony Gold KiK Lundin Petroleum Nestlé Oxec (part of Energy Resources Capital) RWE Samsung Total Unilever Vale Vinci