Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in South Africa
Supporter of Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
Author: ENCA (South Africa)
"Mine worker killed in tram accident at South Deep", 16 Feb 2017...
- Related companies: Gold Fields
Gold Fields response & statement on repeal of transparency regulations under US Dodd-Frank Act section 1504
Author: Gold Fields
Gold Fields is not making a formal statement on the Congressional actions regarding SEC regulations under Dodd Frank Act Section 1504. Gold Fields remains fully committed to transparent reporting and plans to provide ever greater details of our...
- Related stories: Publish What You Pay urges oil, gas & mining firms to support US law on disclosure of payments to govts. - statements of support by 12 firms
- This is a response from the following companies: Gold Fields
Publish What You Pay urges oil, gas & mining firms to support US law on disclosure of payments to govts. - statements of support by 13 firms
Business & Human Rights Resource Centre has invited 30 companies to respond to an open letter by Publish What You Pay coalitions and several of their member NGOs. The letter urges the 30 companies to issue statements in support of disclosure by...
So. Africa: AngloGold Ashanti engages unions on plans to lay off over 800 workers; union says agreement reached to halt retrenchments
AngloGold Ashanti is reportedly engaged in talks with unions to lay off more than 800 workers at its South African operations. The National Union of Mineworkers (NUM) confirmed on Friday last week that it had received notice from AngloGold of a plan...
Corporate Legal Accountability Quarterly Bulletin: Corporate legal accountability & haze in Indonesia
Company disclosure of water management strategies exemplifies importance of water security for climate action
Author: Carbon Disclosure Project
"Thirsty business: Why water is vital to climate action, 2016 Annual Report of Corporate Water Disclosure", Nov 2016...
- Related in-depth areas: Mitigation
- Related companies: Acciona Anglo Platinum (part of Anglo American) BASF Bayer Centrica Coca-Cola Colgate-Palmolive Diageo Engie (formerly GDF Suez) Fiat Chrysler Ford General Motors GlaxoSmithKline Gold Fields Harmony Gold HP (Hewlett-Packard) Iberdrola Inditex Kao Kumba Iron Ore L'Oreal Lockheed Martin Mitsubishi Electric (part of Mitsubishi Group) Norges Bank Investment Management (NBIM) OMV Sony Tokyo Electric Power (TEPCO) Toyota Unilever
Author: Pete Lewis, GroundUp (South Africa)
"Setback for gold miners’ silicosis claims", 22 Sep 2016...