Goldcorp (now Newmont Goldcorp)
Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Canada
New report details the impacts of international arbitration filed by mining companies in countries across Latin America. The report analyses 38 cases filed by global mining corporations against Latin American governments using the investor-state...
Canadian govt. releases guidance for private sector support for human rights defenders & civic freedoms
Author: Global Affairs Canada
"CSR Snapshot #7 – Private Sector Support for Human Rights Defenders: A Primer for Canadian Businesses", 04 Mar 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Women human rights defenders
- Related companies: ABN Amro adidas Airbnb Anglo American Apple Associated British Foods Barrick Gold BMW Cisco Systems Daimler FIFA Goldcorp Leber Jeweler Microsoft Nike Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Tahoe Resources Unilever
…As a member of the International Council on Mining & Metals (ICMM) and the United Nations Global Compact (UNGC), we are committed to respecting human rights as set forth in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the United Nations Guiding...
- Related stories: Mexico: Goldcorp accused of supposed threats against those who protest or oppose their operations; company responds
- This is a response from the following companies: Goldcorp
...Como miembro del Consejo Internacional de Minería y Metales ... y del Pacto Mundial de las Naciones Unidas ... estamos comprometidos a respetar los derechos humanos tal como se establece en la Declaración Universal de los Derechos Humanos, los...
- Related stories: México: Acusan a Goldcorp de supuestas amenazas en contra de quienes protesten o se opongan a sus operaciones; la empresa responde
- This is a response from the following companies: Goldcorp (now Newmont Goldcorp)
Mexico: Goldcorp accused of supposed threats against those who protest or oppose their operations; company responds
Employees and suppliers of Goldcorp in Zacatecas, said that the company issued a statement saying that they would not tolerate protests and blockades against their operations and that they would assume a policy of zero tolerance. In response to these...
Author: Catholic Register
“Probe sought into Canadian-owned mine in Guatemala”, 9th January 2019...
Author: Corporate Human Rights Benchmark
Since its inception, the CHRB has been aiming to answer a deceptively simple question; which companies perform best on human rights issues? [...] [T]his document [...] rank[s] 101 of the world’s largest companies in high human-rights-risk sectors and...
- Related stories: Corporate Human Rights Benchmark releases 2018 ranking results on human rights performance of 101 companies
- Related companies: adidas AEON Ahold Delhaize Anadarko Anglo American Anheuser-Busch InBev Archer Daniels Midland Associated British Foods BHP Billiton BP BRF Canadian Natural Resources Carrefour Chevron China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) China Petroleum & Chemical (see Sinopec) China Shenhua Energy (part of Shenhua Group) CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Coal India (CIL) Coca-Cola Compass Group ConocoPhillips Costco Couche-Tard Danone Devon Energy Diageo Ecopetrol Eni EOG Resources Equinor (formerly Statoil) ExxonMobil Falabella Fast Retailing Freeport-McMoRan Gap Gazprom General Mills Glencore Goldcorp Grupo México H&M Hanesbrands Heilan Home Heineken Hermes Hershey Inditex Kellogg Kering Kohl's Kraft Heinz Kroger Kweichow Moutai Company L Brands, Inc. Lukoil LVMH Macy's Marathon Oil Marks & Spencer McDonald's Mondelēz International Monster Beverage Corporation Nestlé Next Nike Nordstrom Norilsk Nickel Occidental Petroleum ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation) PepsiCo Pernod Ricard Petrobras PetroChina (part of China National Petroleum Corporation) Phillips 66 Prada PTT Repsol Rio Tinto Rosneft Ross Stores Sasol Shell Shenhua Group Shoprite Sinopec Starbucks Suncor Surgutneftegas Sysco Tapestry (Formerly Coach) Target Tesco TJX Total Under Armour Unilever Vale Valero Energy VF Corp Walmart Wesfarmers Woolworths Group YUM!
Author: Facing Finance...